JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - March 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1495 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:45 AM, The German said:

You will find the whole subtitled english Broadcast,

the subtitled music video "I give my life to you"

and the mp3 of the song in a few minutes here:

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZallD7ZuQxvkT0PglmSgQAe1IlAyRdzLF8k

Folder --> 2020 --> Broadcasting March

Thanks a Lot, the folders very well organizaded.

5 hours ago, The German said:

What's next this month?
See the thumbnails.

jwb_univ_202003_lss_11_lg.jpg

I recently sat in on a LDC Train the Trainer class for Aerial Lifts and Fall Protection. The brothers provide a lot of training before someone is able to do what these brothers are doing. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/4/2020 at 12:47 AM, jwhess said:

As Br. Sanderson pointed out in the beginning of his talk, baptism is a requirement for salvation

Baptism is a requirement for Christians, and it is an essential step to gaining salvation.—Matt. 28:19, 20; 1 Pet. 3:21. W17 December

In my congregation, we have number of unbaptized publishers/adults hanging on that status for years ...:whistling:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

What I got from the beginning of the program is that our goal is to make disciples, but even if we do not have a Bible Student that becomes a disciple, we are still planting the seed - others may water, Jehovah then makes it grow.

1 Corinthians 3:6, 7

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

6 I planted,+ A·polʹlos watered,+ but God kept making it grow, 7 so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow.+

We are not just teaching, we are helping people to observe all of the things Jesus commanded (Matthew 28:19,20) and we should focus our attention on deserving ones (Matthew 10:11-13).

Acts 13:48

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

48 When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers.

Baptism saves (1 Peter 3:21)

9 hours ago, Newtonian said:

What I got from the beginning of the program is that our goal is to make disciples, but even if we do not have a Bible Student that becomes a disciple, we are still planting the seed - others may water, Jehovah then makes it grow.

Pretty close.  Here is the transcript comment from Br. Sanderson.  Please notice that the talk and videos and so on were focused on BAPTIZING them.  No point to being a disciple (learner) of Christ and refusing to make the life commitment.  That will not save you.

Br, Sanderson said....

"What’s the most important goal that we are trying to accomplish in our ministry?   Is it

1. placing literature?

2. directing people to jw.org®?

3. making return visits?

4. starting Bible studies?

5. educating people about the Bible?

6. or making disciples of Christ Jesus and baptizing them?"

On 3/7/2020 at 7:09 PM, jwhess said:

Pretty close.  Here is the transcript comment from Br. Sanderson.  Please notice that the talk and videos and so on were focused on BAPTIZING them.  No point to being a disciple (learner) of Christ and refusing to make the life commitment.  That will not save you.

Br, Sanderson said....

"What’s the most important goal that we are trying to accomplish in our ministry?   Is it

1. placing literature?

2. directing people to jw.org®?

3. making return visits?

4. starting Bible studies?

5. educating people about the Bible?

6. or making disciples of Christ Jesus and baptizing them?"

True - He said that while the first 5 things were good, making disciples and baptizing them was our goal.    I just finished watching the March program.

The brother interviewed of course concentrated on the spiritual blessings of having been baptized at age 15 and being used by Jehovah in many ways.   He mentioned the 1953 convention announcement of a new training program - he was trained and trained others.   If I remember correctly, he trained Br. Sanderson.   Married at 28, 52  years of marriage - over 60 years of service.

Although just a snippet from his experiences, I liked his mentioning besides spending long hours with young ones in the ministry (I enjoyed this too when I was young) there was also fun playing board games, softball & basketball.

It reminded me of the thread on dreaming of a schedule in the New System including recreation - I had fun on that thread!

But I have a question - which board games would be best?   Like - do they play board games in Angola or Mozambique?

Of course, the spiritual encouragement, including the new song whose title I forget, was/is more important.   I loved the lyric 'because you gave your life for me - I give my life to you! [something like that]

That's our dedication and baptism!

Oh, and that beautiful waterfall in Angola!

• 1 month later...

A not long time ago I found out that the brother who sang "I Give My Life to You" in Lithuanian also sang it in Russian! Of course, he sang better in Russian because it's his native tongue and was able to show his amazing voice abilities better. Interesting!

Edited by Intercore