JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study - July 2020 (Pictures)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1464 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 hours ago, My little flower said:

I don't see anything wrong with sharing something which is already public.

Its only a problem if someone is making money from using it or using it in a improper way.

Edited by Luigi62

15 hours ago, Dages said:

Ha, or "Mid week booklet" ? :D 

Screenshot_20200426-184106.thumb.jpg.839f6baf713ad64b5547f5a0199ec290.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Its only a problem if someone is making money from using it or using it in a improper way.

But that is not what the JW.org terms of service says. That's the policy that really matters, not necessarily the policy that the JWTalk Administrators are currently discussing.

Clearly, downloading the pics and uploading them here or anywhere else is against the spirit of the April 2018 QFR. We could allow image links. Just pasting the image link into the editor will display the image. On the other hand, this is a discussion forum and not Facebook, so drop and go type posts are a bit out of place. That's why you'll quote often see someone drop a link in the news forum with no other comment at all, and we're like "So, what is your topic? What do you want to discuss?" 

12 hours ago, M'Awan said:

MWB = Meeting WorkBook

CLAM = Christian Life and Ministry Meeting

MFS = Meeting for Field Service

KFC = Kentucky Fried Chicken  🐔

Adding these to that topic in the suggestions forum will help us remember to consider them :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 4/27/2020 at 10:56 PM, elisha said:

First time I've seen this acronym.. isn't it more commonly referred to as "CLM" Meeting? 

No, the US branch usually refers to it as the Mid-week Meeting or MWM

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On 4/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, elisha said:

First time I've seen this acronym.. isn't it more commonly referred to as "CLM" Meeting? 

One of our elders always say "CLM Meeting"

3 hours ago, trottigy said:

No, the US branch usually refers to it as the Mid-week Meeting or MWM

The meeting is called "CLM Meeting" or "The Mid-Meeting"

The "thing" we use to guide the meeting is "MWB"

25 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

One of our elders always say "CLM Meeting"

The meeting is called "CLM Meeting" or "The Mid-Meeting"

The "thing" we use to guide the meeting is "MWB"

Yeah this is how I always understood it. It may be the midweek meeting as opposed to the weekend meeting, but the official 'program title' if you will (according to the instructions) is the Our Christian Life and Ministry meeting, hence "CLM".

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1201038

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200270068

Abbreviations of Publication Titles

mwb - Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook

Personally I prefer 'CLAM', the word trips off the tongue more easily. Besides it brings back memories of a certain dish. Yum. yum.

ff20495dc10c8c883a58deb0e6f13e55.jpg  Clam Chowder, anyone? Oh well, we'll just stick something less evocative.