JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Study - July 2020 (Pictures)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1464 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

From https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018364?

"Because we offer our Bible-based material without charge, some feel that copying and posting it on other websites or on social media is acceptable. However, doing so violates the Terms of Use* for our websites and has caused serious problems. As is clearly stated in those Terms, no one is permitted to “post artwork, electronic publications, trademarks, music, photos, videos, or articles from this website on the Internet (any website, file-sharing site, video-sharing site, or social network).” Why is such a restriction needed?"

Since your post contained no comments other than scraping every single image from that magazine and uploading it here, we have removed them.

You probably noticed that we may occasionally allow the posting of an occasional image that is actually tied to a topic for discussion, such as the Watchtower Study topic that is in a private members only forum, or in a discussion where the image is related to the posters topic for discussion or the content of his reply, as these are in harmony with fair use laws. So if you wanted to discuss one of the images, or possible two that go together, that would be one thing. But posting ALL the pictures from the magazine with no comment attached, we cannot allow that, as we would most likely be served a take down notice from the branch.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

4 hours ago, Dages said:

Just change the numbers in the link, you'll find more.

2020480_univ_cnt_1_xl.jpg

is this link : 

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/2020480/univ/art/2020480_univ_cnt_1_xl.jpg

Thank you brother. I was thinking that I must change only 2020480 to 481, 482 ...

Infact I must change this and also cnt 1 to 2, 3 ...

3 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Can someone please tell us why these pictures are available months before the magazine is officially online ?

Are you asking why we produce a picture before the magazine is printed or are you asking why some can locate the pictures (where they are posted and stored) before the monthly release.?

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

Are you asking why we produce a picture before the magazine is printed or are you asking why some can locate the pictures (where they are posted and stored) before the monthly release.?

Why are the pictures online to find months before the magazine is online?

21 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

From https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018364?

Since your post contained no comments other than scraping every single image from that magazine and uploading it here, we have removed them.

You probably noticed that we may occasionally allow the posting of an occasional image that is actually tied to a topic for discussion, such as the Watchtower Study topic that is in a private members only forum, or in a discussion where the image is related to the posters topic for discussion or the content of his reply, as these are in harmony with fair use laws. So if you wanted to discuss one of the images, or possible two that go together, that would be one thing. But posting ALL the pictures from the magazine with no comment attached, we cannot allow that, as we would most likely be served a take down notice from the branch.

I understand, but there are 2 questions:

1) IS IT TO EARLY TO BE THINKING ABOUT THESE PICTURES?

2) But which image will be on the cover?

Personally, I like to see the pictures of what’s coming. It keeps me focusing on the future and how they might be applied to future things. But that’s just me, it’s kind of exciting. If some don’t like maybe we could have a spoiler thread for upcoming pictures.🙂

Edited by paulc

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

2 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Looking very forward to that study article! I vaguely remember Brother Splane hinting in a talk that there was an element to the David / Goliath account that was to be further developed at a future time. Maybe this it...

Was that at the international convention 

23 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

i understand that but i thought that would happen days/weeks before not months.

the magazine is ready for translation at least 6 months before release (I know a couple who works on the translation office in Angola)

So the all package, formatting and images is all ready well in advance