JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kingdom Hall Phone Line

If your congregation uses KHConf, the brothers may need to talk to the Branch. 

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

We had nearly 80 friends on KHConf a few days ago for the mid-week. It was a combination of video streaming and phone dial-in.

You can up the capacity with KHConf via the admin interface under the conference settings.

We streamed the pre-recorded meeting from JW Stream.

Doing it over KHConf allowed us to do it at the normal meeting time and provide a unified experience.

The brother streaming it from his home was able say prayer and have some local announcements before starting the recording from JW Stream.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Jarred said:

Doing it over KHConf allowed us to do it at the normal meeting time and provide a unified experience.
The brother streaming it from his home was able say prayer and have some local announcements before starting the recording from JW Stream.

Nice - I like this idea

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The administrators can change the line limit from the report.khconf.com webpage. If you have been added as a user/administrator in KHConf and verify your email, you should be able to access the help wiki with guides on setup and best practices. The more people you allow, even if none connect, the higher the costs for conference calling will be for the branch, so don't just max it out without reason. Ours is normally limited to 25, and this past week we hit the limit. So I'm tentatively raising it to 30 for the moment, and I've been texting everyone to please try to start using the mobile apps. https://www.khconf.com/apps_android.php https://www.khconf.com/apps_ios.php Most people do not know about them, myself and my parents were the only ones in the congregation set up for it which surprised me. 

I am also going to attempt to use an older android smartphone as a wired webcam for hosting KHConf Video Stream through the A/V PC.

We had a special meeting before changing to KHConf to acquaint the Congregation how to connect. The app was stressed. Most who tie-in for our meetings are using the app.

I have had to load and "setup" the app on several of our publisher's phones.

I have it loaded on my phone and my  PC. If I have to use it, I normally use my PC. My wife used it a couple weeks ago and she used her phone - with the app.

Last week we had a count of 34 with 27 separate connections - our highest to date ... only one of those was a "phone" tie-in, the rest all used the app.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I think by default installing KHCONF on iOS / iPadOS doesn’t give it access to the microphone, if you have a recent operating system.

But I seem to remember specifically having to turn microphone access off in Settings app a couple of years ago.

Unless you are commenting etc. you will want it off.

(Likewise, mute the microphone on your phone if you are dialling in unless ...)

We used to sometimes hear a few parents wrestling with sickly infants!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

On 3/12/2020 at 9:46 PM, Jarred said:

We had nearly 80 friends on KHConf a few days ago for the mid-week. It was a combination of video streaming and phone dial-in.

You can up the capacity with KHConf via the admin interface under the conference settings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Would you be able to let me know how he did this? We had our meetings cancelled until the end of this month due to the scare of the COVID-19. I would greatly appreciate it.