JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone not able to stream Zoom to KHCONF today??

Streaming Zoom to KHCONF was working fine until today.  The stream connects and I am able to view the video stream through KHCONF, but when I call in it says the administrator isn't connected and I just get the on hold music.

Tried it with all 3 congregations in our account.  All do the same thing.   Wondering if there might be an issue on KHCONF's side since nothing has changed on this end.

Have also tried it through the KHCONF KH Streaming app, which has always worked before.  Doesn't work either.

3 minutes ago, The Deej said:

I didn't realize zoom and khconf worked together. I thought they were two completely different programs. Our congregation is using zoom exclusively. We are sent a zoom link to join the meeting. 

I didn't either, until the branch put out steps on integrating them.  Pretty cool.  That way the friends can call in to KHCONF as usual and listen in.  It was working fine, and today it's not.  Which would seem to indicate an issue on the other end.  Guess I'll wait till tomorrow and give it another go.

KHCONF was a no go for me tonight as well.  Got the same administrator isn't connected along with the music. Also tried the streaming app which did not work either. 

We are moving to zoom now, just got a code for that, so we will see. 😊

22 minutes ago, Saffron said:

KHCONF was a no go for me tonight as well.  Got the same administrator isn't connected along with the music. Also tried the streaming app which did not work either. 

We are moving to zoom now, just got a code for that, so we will see. 😊

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.  I sent the branch an email to their support.  I'm sure their overwhelmed, but let's see if I get a response.  

Zoom is great and has worked out well.  But, I love the ability to also stream to KHCONF for the older ones that are "set in their ways". :)

10 hours ago, LakerDad78 said:

But, I love the ability to also stream to KHCONF for the older ones that are "set in their ways". :)

I'm not that old, but wanted to be set in my ways too. Lol I'm just not tech savvy and do not like having to figure these things out, but oh well. Zoom it will be. 😁

It's been hit or miss if the streaming to KHConf from Zoom has worked. I get an error message from Zoom itself.

I even got a message from zoom indicating a problem with streaming to a third party they were working on.

My workaround is to just share the zoom meeting screen to OBS Studio.

Picture blurred for privacy, but I'm sharing the screen on the far left which is running zoom in Speaker view.

I switch it to gallery view at the beginning and end of meeting so people on cage comp can still see the friends talking to each other.92c980f302f52aac8bf19f9462f8450e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our system worked just fine today .... we were able to have Zoom and KHC for the entire meeting with no problems.

My FIL's Congregation DID have a problem and didn't get it worked out until the middle of the WT ... my FIL was not able to get today's meeting so he watched one from last week 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~