JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nano Blue Mic and speakers HELP!

As we are all connecting to Zoom, some technical issues arise

When I speak to my Nano Blue microphone, I can't hear myself over the speakers, checked different options on windows 10 all "selected properly I think"  

The microphone works because if I record myself and play it back, the voice is there.

Any help ?????? 

Thank you :)

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

30 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Why would you want to hear yourself over the speakers? That would just create unwanted audio feedback.

Ok ...I did not consider that - thanks Johan

So it's normal not hear voice over speakers while talking to the microphone?

I hope they will hear my answers over Zoom 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Ok ...I did not consider that - thanks Johan
So it's normal not hear voice over speakers while talking to the microphone?
I hope they will hear my answers over Zoom 

Yes, you really shouldn’t hear your own voice under such circumstances, just like you don’t want to hear your own voice in your phone’s speakers when on the phone.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I used an app that was suggested, to use my old phone as a Web cam.

While this is different to your situation, I did find on my laptop, the Zoom settings for microphone selection was quite extensive.

I could select which Mic (and which camera) to use.

As mentioned above, the sound may not be heard when you go 'live' and make a comment, but there is a test section that will test both Mic and speakers.

If it passes that, you should be ok.

I had my phone ear-buds (with Mic) ready to plug in, should there be a problem.

(you could also do a free test trial with your wife on her phone in the other room. Then you will see you and your background whilst checking the Mic at the same time. You might also decide to use the 'enhance my appearance' feature to see if your looks improve. )

Old (Downunder) Tone

8 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, you really shouldn’t hear your own voice under such circumstances, just like you don’t want to hear your own voice in your phone’s speakers when on the phone.

Big thank you ....dear friend >:D<

Hi Greg, 

I understand the desire to hear yourself, but Johan provided some good explanations. So how about doing some practice sessions on Zoom "recording" your voice and then you can replay these recording so that you can determine how your voice sounds. For example, did your voice not have enough volume because maybe you were speaking to far from your microphone? Or do you feel you were a little too loud which may have resulted in speaking to close to your microphone? Or were there any feedback or noises while you were speaking? Your practice sessions will help you work out any issues and you will then sound "marvelous" at the next Zoom meeting. :dance:

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

If you are listening to yourself over open speakers, it will cause feedback to the mic. If you are wearing a closed back headset or headphones that won't go back into the microphone, then you might consider turning on the microphone listen feature. Important: If you are streaming sound from the PC such as screen sharing or KHVideo, make sure this is turned off!

You can find it in Windows Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Tab -> R-Click your Microphone device -> Properties -> Listen Tab -> [] Listen to this device.
Or right click the speaker/volume control on the bottom right of your windows 10 task bar -> Sound Settings -> Sound Control Panel.
This allows it to function as a line-in jack of sorts as well as being a microphone. As it says, if you connect a microphone, you may hear feedback.
You can also find your microphone volume and boost on the Levels tab. My laptop's built in mic needs to be at +12db boost for other people to start hearing me.

Edited by Myew

2 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

For example, did your voice not have enough volume because maybe you were speaking to far from your microphone?

I have noticed that Blue Nano mic picks up sound very well (for the price)

10 inches closer or 10 inches away did not make much difference. 

I will be doing public talk in 2 weeks time, so it's good to iron out those technical challenges. 

I use for ZOOM, desktop computer with 27" screen, Logitech C920 Pro Hd camera and Blue Nano as a combination. (works well)