JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Light for zoom meetings

1) Turn light switch on in office 

2) before that put a high watt light bulb in

3) go back to step 1

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 minute ago, AH173 said:

1) Turn light switch on in office 

2) before that put a high watt light bulb in

3) go back to step 1

The light is on, I have a very small space and the light is just above my head and slightly behind me. It's a very bright LED, but my face doesn't get light.

I am using a LED fixture designed for general use and/or under cabinet. I got it for very little money at Rural King.  I just have it sitting on top of my network switch

I have in in front of me. If I stare/look at it it can seem bright - I just don't look right at it and it is fine.

OFF

image.thumb.png.d40658167c7fe4b8dc85421f79eca4c0.png

ON

image.thumb.png.73b4d6eb4361027915b971c8aa9e4b1d.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Now that's a SWITCH!

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

You like my switch .... I will be moving it at some point and use more of the ports

Now, back to the light for Zoom ... the one I use gives me a very clear virtual background and picture - just ask some who have been to my meetings

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

13 hours ago, bigvince said:

The light is on, I have a very small space and the light is just above my head and slightly behind me. It's a very bright LED, but my face doesn't get light.

Maybe you can place a mirror so the existing light reflects back at you?

3 hours ago, Jarred said:

It does a pretty good job.63771715272b44204dbe1607015ae89a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uh oh, red shirt:eek:

Is it true if someone wears green in front of a green background screen, it would render the garment invisible to the audience? Brother Tim should try this magic trick. He's a jolly good sport. 😉  Or are any things else that is green? Turtles?

Uh oh, red shirt. 

He can't help it. He has chosen his clothes to match with the fittings. Wow, Brother Jared's favourite color is red.  I wonder what his living spaces look like. 

The next time around he could wear green and have a forest background to blend right in. Don't think that will work.

50 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

He can't help it. He has chosen his clothes to match with the fittings. Wow, Brother Jared's favourite color is red

Just a fun fact for you--

In Star Trek lore the Ensigns that accompany Captain Kirk on away missions usually die. They are somewhat expendable, and they wear a red shirt. Its become a bit of a joke and since Bro Jarred chose a Star Trek background, and is wearing a red shirt, I had to do what was necessary...Set phasers to stun and beam me up Scotty...:alien:

On 4/24/2020 at 6:11 AM, bigvince said:

My office is a little dark ,can anyone recommend a good inexpensive light for lighting during zoom meetings?

Does increasing the screen brightness on your device help?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You can always bounce light ...

just make sure the majority of the surface in front of you is white ... and you will get a fill effect from the over head light 

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

I'm using a Sunpack 19 inch led ring light with stand behind a 32 inch monitor with 2 side led lamps along with my all in one desk top off to the side with an old green sleeping bag cover as a green screen mounted on the wall over a wall mirror, all of this in our dining room ( which we hardly use) my wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'm having fun and the virtual scenes look good, except my wife is going to hate all of the light ! 😎