JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Majestic (KHS) Program Issues

I have used Majestic for many years.  I have been incredibly happy.  Issues have come up from time to time, which is expected.  Each time I email HELP, I quickly get a resolution.  For the last week however, that has not been the case.  I have sent to email explaining the problem … and hear nothing.    I am trying to remain patient and appreciate the may be overwhelmed with activity at this time.  I would like to have some acknowledgement that something will be happening as my two issues make it very difficult to use the program as usual.   My reason for posting has two parts:

1)     Does anyone know if there is a problem with Majestic Software Tech Support that may result in later than usual or no response?

2)     Can anyone help me resolve these two issues without tech support help.  Please note, I have already completely uninstalled the program and reinstalled it.  I have tried this on two separate computers and the issues remain.  Here are the problems:

a.      Overview screen > Reports > Individual Assignments from this I can normally click any number of Publishers from the dropdown box and it will email each an individual assignment sheet.  What’s happening now is it will only send to the first (alphabetically by first name) publisher … and it emails this about 70+ times automatically to this single individual.

b.      The other problem involved the Public Talk scheduling.  Under the ‘Speakers’ tab, we see the list of Congregations in which we exchange speakers.  I have about 30 listed here.  The ‘Public Talk’ tab is where you pick the specific Speaker and Talk for the schedule them for the date needed.  The issue is ONE off the Congregations is not listed in the dropdown box at the Public Talk tab … but it is found at the Speaker tab.  I have deleted that Congregation and reinput the congregation … and it simply won’t show up in the Public Talk tab.  Interestingly, I can input ‘Test Congregation’ … and that will then show in both tabs.  There is no way to add a congregation to the Public Talk dropdown, these are generated automatically from the Speakers tab area.

Any suggestions, thoughts, or direction is appreciated.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, Mike said:

b.      The other problem involved the Public Talk scheduling.  Under the ‘Speakers’ tab, we see the list of Congregations in which we exchange speakers.  I have about 30 listed here.  The ‘Public Talk’ tab is where you pick the specific Speaker and Talk for the schedule them for the date needed.  The issue is ONE off the Congregations is not listed in the dropdown box at the Public Talk tab … but it is found at the Speaker tab.  I have deleted that Congregation and reinput the congregation … and it simply won’t show up in the Public Talk tab.  Interestingly, I can input ‘Test Congregation’ … and that will then show in both tabs.  There is no way to add a congregation to the Public Talk dropdown, these are generated automatically from the Speakers tab area.

Sound like there is something special with the name of the congregation. Are there any special characters? Try adding a few letters at a time. After adding a few letters you can always edit and add a few more. Are you pasting the name or typing the name?

The congregation name is a single common word.  I have added it every way I can think of.  Typing after completely deleting it, copy and paste.  I have even had the coordinator in that congregation send me the file to load new.  I have deleted my entire KHS program and loaded complete new version and tried again.  No matter what i do, i cannot get this congregation to show up on the Public Talk tab.

Its very frustrating that i cannot get a reply from tech support for KHS.  I am capable of being patient ... but I don't know if by inquiry was even received.  

• 2 months later...

We had a similar experience, which was one of the reasons our congregation changed to JW Scheduler a few months back. Actually I think JW Scheduler is just a slightly better program all round, and our publishers love their new App. We were surprised by how quickly everyone came onboard with it! They just love it!!!

Their tech support usually replies in a day or two, but the help pages on the website are actually pretty good, so I rarely have to contact them.

In fact I recently learned most congregations in our circuit are now using JW Scheduler, I think the Circuit Overseer mentioned it after he saw us using it and how well it works.

11 minutes ago, JamesKing said:

We had a similar experience, which was one of the reasons our congregation changed to JW Scheduler a few months back

The creator of JW Scheduler is a member here, however he hasn't visited in nearly a year.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...