JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is there an easy way in nw scheduler, maybe a report, that will show you all the scheduling conflicts in one scree/report?

I am trying to find out is nw scheduler can show me all the scheduling conflicts for a specified period of time in one report. For example, I would like to know if there are any scheduling conflicts in the next 2 months. Is there a report or something that will give me this info?

hello brothers,

I am fairly new at using NW scheduler and have just gotten my Congregation to start using it as well. We have a few using NW publisher but that will be growing quickly.

I am responsible for helping both the coordinator and the secretary make sure that all the scheduling is done correctly and also I am the AV overseer and so I am responsible for all of the duties assignments. Hence, I would like a method that I could see every assignment that has been given in the congregation, whether it is for field service, the watch tower, a public talk, the midweek meeting, and audio video assignment, etc.  you get the idea. I would like to see any conflict for any person for any week that is assigned. If I could put in a date range, that would even be better. But I am willing to settle for a report or some method that would let me see a screen that had any  conflicts where brothers were assigned to assignments at the same time or even, if it is possible, the same week?

Does anyone know how to do this or if not, can this be a suggestion for an improvement? I’m not sure how to get that in the queue or not but I think it’s something other people could use also.

your brother,

paul olivieri

Dear Paul,

I've looked into it but I don't think there is any such report. However, if you assign someone to a part or a task or whatever and you wish to assign him/her to another assigment you get an error message. An orange triangle in front of the persons name. Move your mouse pointer to the triangle and it shows the reasen for the message. It is mainly when he/she already has another assignment that meeting. A red triangle shows when someone is away. So if you schedule in order of importance you will not have any problems if you take note of the triangles. So I think the parts first and then other assignments.

I hope this helps.

Greetings from Holland

János Molnár

Brother Janos,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that NW scheduler is set up so that when someone schedules they can avoid a conflict because of seeing the amber triangle. What has been happening to us is that brothers get scheduled and everything is fine but then something changes and they have to schedule away time. This may show up as a conflict on their NW publisher app, but I was looking for a method of viewing any of these anomalies right from NW scheduler across the entire assignments and duties

Also, I hate to admit this, but, some of our elders are not as adept with technology as others, and so they go ahead and schedule someone even though they really should not be scheduled as they have a conflict . I wanted a way to catch these one offs as well.

so, based on what you were saying, I am understanding that there currently is no way to get the report that I am looking for from NW scheduler. Thank you for letting me know that as I have been going crazy trying to figure out where it would be located or how to get that information.

thank you again,

your brother,

Paul Olivieri

3 hours ago, paulolivieri said:

Brother Janos,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand that NW scheduler is set up so that when someone schedules they can avoid a conflict because of seeing the amber triangle. What has been happening to us is that brothers get scheduled and everything is fine but then something changes and they have to schedule away time. This may show up as a conflict on their NW publisher app, but I was looking for a method of viewing any of these anomalies right from NW scheduler across the entire assignments and duties

Also, I hate to admit this, but, some of our elders are not as adept with technology as others, and so they go ahead and schedule someone even though they really should not be scheduled as they have a conflict . I wanted a way to catch these one offs as well.

so, based on what you were saying, I am understanding that there currently is no way to get the report that I am looking for from NW scheduler. Thank you for letting me know that as I have been going crazy trying to figure out where it would be located or how to get that information.

thank you again,

your brother,

Paul Olivieri

I suggest to contact the brother at NW Scheduler support to request this type of report you need:   https://nwscheduler.com/support-contact-us/