JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We're using it, and I need some help. We have changed the field service groups (FSGs) as well as which elders and assistants are assigned to the new groups. Question: How do I change the name of a group? How do I change the name of Group Overseers (GOs) and Group Assistants (GAs)? How do I create a new FSG and give it a name? Any help is appreciated.

It's at Congregation > Groups and families.

I don't know how to change a group name, but you can simply create a new one and delete the old one. In that same screen you can assign publishers to groups and select the new group overseer and assistant.

Have a look at Groups and Families in the Support section:

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/congregation/groups-and-families/

It would be my suggestion to make a 'back-up' regularly as you step through this process.
Our cong recently did this reshuffle, and somehow, the data got scrambled.
To save yourself some grief (and a lot of time), make regular backups. Then (worst case), you can fall back to the previous step - and not lose everything - and have to rebuild months of work (as was our case).

Old (Downunder) Tone

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 8:41 AM, carlos said:

It's at Congregation > Groups and families.

I don't know how to change a group name

On the left column just click on the group you want to edit and retype it at the top of the column.

Edited by Floyd

On 2/24/2024 at 9:55 PM, notporkman said:

How do I change the name of Group Overseers (GOs) and Group Assistants (GAs)?

In Persons edit the person who will be the overseer or assistant in the Spiritual under their group assignment. 

Thank you, Brother Floyd. I am still unable to accomplish that. When I go to a GO's "spiritual", there's that area up there which should show the FSG's name. I've marked Overseer just under the FSG to which the elder is assigned. But at this time, the FSGs block shows <Name>. When I click to enter a name of the FSG, a drop-down appears with <Name> in a vertilcal lis4 times. I can't get a name for the FSG to appear. When I type, nothing appears: <Name> just stays there. If I double clickwhile on that Spiritual screen of the elder, I'm taken to the screen where all the FSGs appear plus the Unassigned ones. I'm still unable to accomplish entering a name for each FSG. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

58 minutes ago, notporkman said:

Thank you, Brother Floyd. I am still unable to accomplish that. When I go to a GO's "spiritual", there's that area up there which should show the FSG's name. I've marked Overseer just under the FSG to which the elder is assigned. But at this time, the FSGs block shows <Name>. When I click to enter a name of the FSG, a drop-down appears with <Name> in a vertilcal lis4 times. I can't get a name for the FSG to appear. When I type, nothing appears: <Name> just stays there. If I double clickwhile on that Spiritual screen of the elder, I'm taken to the screen where all the FSGs appear plus the Unassigned ones. I'm still unable to accomplish entering a name for each FSG. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Carlos posted this earlier, didn't it help?

NW Scheduler | Groups and Families

The column on the left side should be a list of the Field Service Groups. If that column shows <Name> you should be able to enter the name of the FSG.

NW Scheduler Congregation Field Service Groups New World Scheduler

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, notporkman said:

A screenshot would help.

Here's an edited screenshot that removes first names. There are 4 FSGs. The image focuses on one of them with the name area for the group showing how it looks when I click to enter a name. It stays <Name> regardless of what I enter.

MyProblemWithNWS.jpg

1 hour ago, notporkman said:

Here's an edited screenshot that removes first names. There are 4 FSGs. The image focuses on one of them with the name area for the group showing how it looks when I click to enter a name. It stays <Name> regardless of what I enter.

MyProblemWithNWS.jpg

You are trying to work with a list that hasn't been created yet, so it will keep giving you <Name> until you create the list.

Stay on that page and go to the column on the far left. Use the + to create the groups in that column.

After you create the list in the left column, the names of the groups will be available in the drop down list you just showed us. 

It will look like this when you are done.

image.png.3bfcfb82a5de00de50f89b8e4ee78d7f.png

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

You are trying to work with a list that hasn't been created yet, so it will keep giving you <Name> until you create the list.

Stay on that page and go to the column on the far left. Use the + to create the groups in that column.

After you create the list in the left column, the names of the groups will be available in the drop down list you just showed us. 

It will look like this when you are done.

image.png.3bfcfb82a5de00de50f89b8e4ee78d7f.png

More specifically, you need to use the + and enter the name of the group in the text box located just under the

In this image it is the text box above Barstow.