JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

News: History is Being Written (new video report)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3840 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989259

Lovely to see the governing body comment.  I think the Slave knows that our prayers and thoughts are with the brothers and sisters working hard for this move.

I can't do anything to help but keep my contributions up and pray but I am so happy to be alive in these exciting times. Loved the report, I thank Jehovah for being part of this family.  So proud of them all!!

Edited by sunshine

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989259

Lovely to see the governing body comment. I think the Slave knows that our prayers and thoughts are with the brothers and sisters working hard for this move.

I can't do anything to help but keep my contributions up and pray but I am so happy to be alive in these exciting times. Loved the report, I thank Jehovah for being part of this family. So proud of them all!!

I would love to go there and participate in this wonderful endeavour... also be surprised by what brother Morris suggested with the wink of an eye :wink:

Maybe Im of topic but where are some of the older video reports gone ? The cute video about the family with three children , the boys caring for thechicken and thechocolate cake ? Or the report of the annual meeting of last year where thechildren were singing . I loved those videos and downloaded most but not all , and now I cant find them anymore on the website.

Your link went to the WLOL article on Rapture. I think the following is the proper link:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/video-world-headquarters-jehovahs-witnesses-history-warwick/

oh lol... I was just researching the rapture for a visit... and I saw something new and clicked... thanks for the correct link

I wonder what are the practical advantages of moving the World Heaqdquarters to Warwick? Will it impact on the use of Bethelites in local congregations and their personal ministry? Not being familiar with that part of the state, are there sufficient territories nearby to have a productive field ministry?

Just wondering. It looks quite isolated.

Such a great question to ponder!  I thought it was for financial reasons, or it least that seems to be what different ones put their emphasis on.  The sale of the properties sure brought to the forefront Jehovah's Witnesses and their outstanding qualitites (pleasure to do business with, the spotless and prestigious buildings and grounds, ) that bring honor to our Most High God, Jehovah.  I am sure we will know the exact reason as soon as Jehovah feels necessary!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I love the slaves lack of sentimentality toward the buildings in brooklyn. They just served Jehovahs will at the time. I also love their conviction that the new head quarters in warwick are without a doubt jehovahs will. Makes it so exciting for what the future holds and how all of us can get behind the project in one way or another to show our support and receive Jehovah's blessing.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

I know that love is not jealous but I can not help but feel a little jealous of those brothers having a share in doing this never to be repeated building project.

Just as Noah needed Jehovah's help in building the ark. Nehemiah needed his help mending the walls. We know that Jehovah's spirit will direct all of the hard work being done. Praise Jah. 

What an emotive video presentation. Brought a tear to my eyes.

I wonder what are the practical advantages of moving the World Heaqdquarters to Warwick? Will it impact on the use of Bethelites in local congregations and their personal ministry? Not being familiar with that part of the state, are there sufficient territories nearby to have a productive field ministry?

I think it is preparation.  When those planes hit the world trade center buildings, it really hit home with me that the organization was not safe in the city.  That more attacks could come.  If you think about it, which is safer from mobs or vigilanties?  When Jehovah gave directions to his people, it was normally to leave the cities.  Abraham, Lot, Israelites.  And part of Jesus prophecy about the end was to escape to the hills.  Jehovah wants the organization away from the city for a very good reason now -- He is obviously blessing the project.

A friend of mine from Bethel told me last year, with a big smile on his face, that Warwick is being built to last a long time and that compared to the high-rise buildings in Brooklyn, the buildings at Warwick were designed to fit in:yes:

In the U.S., (at least outside of Brooklyn) many Bethelites drive up to an hour to their assigned congregations. Within an hour of Warwick is much of the populated area of suburban New York City. So they will probably be assigned to those congregations much as the Wallkill and Patterson Bethelites already are.

Edited by Greenfield

We all know Jehovah could have His headquarters protected, no matter where they are. But face it, when all is said and done, would you rather be looking at carnage and a wrecked city, or a lake and trees? As Rosalie said, the 9/11 business, while our brothers were not actually affected, they were indirectly, by being exposed to that horror. Being out in the woods, by a lake will take care of that. And, like so many of us, we can keep up our contributions, and add prayers for the project to go as smoothly as possible. That will be our contribution. And, someday, maybe way in the future, we will get to visit. And many, many years down the road, we can say, I remember when...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)