JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Things to do in New York State

We are planning a Bethel trip for early Fall next year. We will visit all three locations. We will have a few kids in the group (6y - 14y).

We will be staying three extra days. I'm looking for suggestions on what to do in the area. No more than 2 hours driving distance. The hotel will be centrally located (to the three locations).

We are looking for nature activities. At least outside activities. We don't want to go into the city.

Thanks for all suggestions and tips 🙂

I cannot suggest anything to do outside of the city - but ......

We are also considering visiting next fall - perhaps in October. Do you know when you will be there? What area are you planning to stay in? We are looking at staying in the Hotel the Branch owns in Newburgh.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, 2EVES said:

On the bottom right you'll see Warick and Walkill, and Florida

Just think, I can go to NY and still be in Florida ......

Oh wait, I've already been there

2024598864_NYTrip171.thumb.jpg.3b73eae8caa04f752d4683deec265b60.jpg

10 hours ago, Qapla said:

I cannot suggest anything to do outside of the city - but ......

We are also considering visiting next fall - perhaps in October. Do you know when you will be there? What area are you planning to stay in? We are looking at staying in the Hotel the Branch owns in Newburgh.

Late September, early October. We didn't book the tour yet.

We also hope to get into the the "JW hotel", but in case we don't all get it, we'll try to find a hotel in the same area.

The October we are shooting for is 2019 - and I would think Jay is also looking to 2019 since he said "Fall next year"

I would enjoy meeting any who are there the same time we are.

However, since booking dates for 2019 do not extend past July 5, we will have to wait a bit before setting our dates - unless we decide to go in the spring :shrugs: