JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So it looks like our local lad Banksy is taking New York by storm this month.

Some people call it mindless vandalism, although how they can call it mindless when often he is so thought provoking, i don't know. The public in general are intrigued by his work, and the owners of the property he produces his work on are often quite defensive of the newly acquired art on their buildings. Usually because he has overnight, depending on the size of the work, increased the value of the property by at least $100,000 if not more.

Some people just don't get it, nor do they appreciate it but the majority of people do like his work and find it both interesting, thought provoking and a good photo opportunity.

I think most of his stuff is great even if some people think he is breaking the law, although most people don't view it as vandalism (just ask the majority of the owners of the buildings he produces his work on) but a form of art. 

It seems like there are mindless clowns going around trying to vandalize his work in not even a clever way, just with a rubbish graffiti tag. This is obviously being done out of jealousy. So is this clown vandalizing vandalism or is he vandalizing art?

So what is your view? Do you like Banksy?

Banksy is in new york for another 13 days. I wonder what he has done today or is going to do today. I am interested are you?

day1.jpg?1381436618

Edited by MentalProject

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

So it looks like our local lad Banksy is taking New York by storm this month.

Some people call it mindless vandalism, although how they can call it mindless when often he is so thought provoking, i don't know. The public in general are intrigued by his work, and the owners of the property he produces his work on are often quite defensive of the newly acquired art on their buildings. Usually because he has overnight, depending on the size of the work, increased the value of the property by at least $100,000 if not more.

Some people just don't get it, nor do they appreciate it but the majority of people do like his work and find it both interesting, thought provoking and a good photo opportunity.

I think most of his stuff is great even if some people think he is breaking the law, although most people don't view it as vandalism (just ask the majority of the owners of the buildings he produces his work on) but a form of art.

It seems like there are mindless clowns going around trying to vandalize his work in not even a clever way, just with a rubbish graffiti tag. This is obviously being done out of jealousy. So is this clown vandalizing vandalism or is he vandalizing art?

So what is your view? Do you like Banksy?

Banksy is in new york for another 13 days. I wonder what he has done today or is going to do today. I am interested are you?

Posted Image

Very very iinteresting! Loved it :)

That is talented art.

So clever.

At least he has meaning.

I once went to an art gallery. They had paintings that had won best prize

& brought.

There this painting. Top half was lime Kermit the frog green.

The other half was tomato red.

Everyone else had detail & effort.

I still don't know why it won.

Love this guy's work.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Is Bansky Talented? no doubt , however to the question is it vandalism or art?

I would have to pose a few questions........

1. Did he seek permission of the property owners to do this? my guess is no this type of "artist" thrives on "not getting caught"

2. Did he Obtain permits to preform his arts like most cities require? , My guess again is no.

3. Did he break the law? Yes

4. did he add value to the property ? actually no, the structure has to be demolished (cut up) to save his work , after all is said and done there is no true property value gain, all it takes is someone with a gas powered saw and a few guys to take this "art" and the property owner would be left with a gaping hole in his building and left to fund the repairs himself.

Plain and simple (to me) He broke the law, it is Vanadlism.

You may see it differently , but ALAS Jesus said we are to pay Ceasar's things to Ceasar, and that includes following the laws Ceasat imposes as long as they do not interfere with our worship.

Is Bansky Talented? no doubt , however to the question is it vandalism or art?

I would have to pose a few questions........

1. Did he seek permission of the property owners to do this? my guess is no this type of "artist" thrives on "not getting caught"

2. Did he Obtain permits to preform his arts like most cities require? , My guess again is no.

3. Did he break the law? Yes

4. did he add value to the property ? actually no, the structure has to be demolished (cut up) to save his work , after all is said and done there is no true property value gain, all it takes is someone with a gas powered saw and a few guys to take this "art" and the property owner would be left with a gaping hole in his building and left to fund the repairs himself.

Plain and simple (to me) He broke the law, it is Vanadlism.

You may see it differently , but ALAS Jesus said we are to pay Ceasar's things to Ceasar, and that includes following the laws Ceasat imposes as long as they do not interfere with our worship