JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

does any one have a recipe for seafood marinara please

my hubby and I have just been married 12yrs and we are short on cash at the moment

I would like to do something nice and reasonably anybody have any ideas please :help::chef:

gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Gabe---is it a romantic evening for two?? or are there little ones involved that you will need to consider their tastes? what is your husbands favorite type of cuisine? Give me a price budget you want to stay with in. That way I can swap out certain ingredients for less expensive ones---ie chicken broth in place of white wine etc

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Hi Leslie. he loves oysters and squid and lamb

kids like chicken and i like mostly vegetarian but also squid and i will have the kids with us this time

i love cooking one of my favorite past times like to do french or italian dishes

this time i'm scratching my brain. i be happy with any suggestions thanks. Leslie. :givehug::kiss: :kiss:

gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Gabe--here is a very basic recipe for seafood marinara sauce

Pour 1 T. olive oil in a skillet and add one diced onion, one diced bell pepper, and saute for approx 7-8 minutes. Add one 15oz can diced tomatoes with their juices, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer then add 1 T basil flakes, and 1 tsp. ground oregano. Salt and pepper to taste. Add one 8 o can tomato paste. If you have some white or red wine--approx 1/2 to one cup now it the time to stir it in. Let this simmer approx 30 mins covered with a lid. Now add frozen bag 1/2 lb size of frozen scallops and 1/2 # of frozen cooked and deveined shrimp. This can cook with residual heat so just stir in and cover the pan again. Boil your linguine as directed. Many people have problems cooking pasta because they over cook it or let it get gummy. Bring your salted water to a full boil--a full boil is one you can not stir down--in other words you can stir the water and it will make no difference--it keeps right on boiling strong. Cook the pasta four minutes and then remove from heat. Let it set in the hot water for the remainder of the required time. A little oil in the pasta water will prevent it from sticking but it also will not let the pasta grab hold of the sauce. In other words the sauce just slides right off and the pasta is sitting all naked on top of the sauce.--(very embrassing if you are pasta)

Take your serving plates and microwave them for two minutes. Drain your pasta in a colander and give a quick rinse with cold water. Take tongs and get the pasta amount you desire and place it on your heated plates. Give the tongs a twist while placing your pasta on the plates. Now dish up the beautiful marinara sauce and ladel onto the pasta. Viola! Seafood marinara my love! (If you would like to add roasted garlic to your sauce just take a whole head of garlic and cut 1/4 inch off the top and pour two spoons of olive oil down into the cloves. wrap tightly in foil and bake for 60mins in a 350 degree oven. Use as much roasted garlic as you like--it loses its potency to offend when it is roasted) Stir this into your sauce when you are in the early simmering stages. Since it was an anniversary dinner I left it out!:chef::lol1:

Just saw the kids will be there. Go ahead and use all the garlic you want!!!

I have never cooked squid--you would have to teach me. I love to cook and try new things. I think I am going to become a vegeterian--after I found out the portabello mushrooms are better than HB on a Bun I realized it won't be so bad.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

hey Bro. my moring started not so great today and i racing getting kids for school

always mad in the mornings cause of getting all ready for the day.

you made me laugh. thanks now i can go preaching on a happy note. :bouncing:

gabe

Bravo Leslie ! Thanks for sharing this delectable recipe. You must have some Italian blood in you...

This rendition and variations are served in the finer restaurants in Italy on the Amalfi coast. This was the finest Italian food that we have ever had.

While on a Mediterranean cruise awhile back our driver took us to an outdoor restaurant in Positano and the waiter brought out the fine linens, the silver, the homemade bread, wine and the scrumptious frutti di mari. It was out of this world, absolutely the best...everything homemade. We polished it off with some espresso and Limoncello. Back in the states we found similar dishes at Olive garden or Carrabas, but it's just not quite the same. Mil Grazie! >:D<