JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jesus statues

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1315 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Eejay said:

I can totally understand the animosity here due to the distorted mis-interpretation by religionists of the words at Gen.9:22, 25.

If that is the motive I might agree. But I would not hesitate to think that the people who did this have little knowledge of that poor interpretation of Gen 9:22,25 In truth this protest movement has a lot of pro LGBTQ and Pro Choice and climate Change activists many of whom have animosity towards religion all from their own perspective.  And a strongly Marxist backing that tends to also be Atheistic. 

14 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

If that is the motive I might agree.

It is notoriously difficult to identify the "point of origin" of a fire.  Experts need scientific training to accomplish this.

God's word expertly identifies the point of origin of all this conflagration of anger and violence on the earth: Rev 18:24: "In her was found the blood of ...... all those who have been slaughtered on the earth."

• 1 month later...

“And I will give it                        "As in the case of ancient Jerusalem, so
into the hand                              now, in the day of Jehovah’s fury against
of the strangers                        Christendom, those gold and silver and
for plunder and to                     bejeweled articles of false worship will
the wicked ones of                   be plundered by the antireligious
the earth for spoil,                    “strangers” and will be seized as “spoil”
and they will                               by the irreligious “wicked ones.” They
certainly profane it."                 will not consider as untouchable those
--- Ezekiel  7:21                          items, even religious images, held sacred  by Christendom. They will profane such
                                                    reputedly holy things." --- w72 7/15

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley