JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Where are your service stops

After early morning streetwork in our town centre, most of us meet at Costa Coffee at the end of our main shopping street:

91986=5132-costa-coffee-whitehaven-10730 Top of King Street every 2nd Sunday afternoon each month though, the local Pentecostals and Methodists take it over and have one of their "Cafechurches" where they debate a topic for 10 minutes and do some happy clappy hymn singing with the Methodist pastor on his guitar followed by prayer requests. Therefore, if we are out in town doing Field Service on that day, after the Sunday morning meeting and ministry, then we go to the Rum Story courtyard cafe. They do meals until 2pm and serve tea or coffee. However, for a different occasion, they also do hot chocolate with a tot of rum stirred in and cream on top and a marshmallow.Nice on a cold day if you are not on the Ministry and are not driving home afterwards - or in my case, if you haven't far to stagger - I find it a bit strong!

91986=5135-Rumstory outside.png Outside on Lowther Street

91986=5136-Clock_at_the_Rum_Story (240 x Opposite the cafe chairs and tables in the roofed courtyard is this 14 foot mechanical clock that tells by moving figures how rum brown sugar/molasses is produced

Most of my congregation does not do a sit down break

We will stop at the local QT or a RaceTrac and grab a drink and snack and head out. (QT and RaceTrac are gas stations, but they have a large store that sells coffee, drinks, fresh made sandwiches and hot breakfast sandwiches)

Before our congregation split, a ton of people would go to the McDonalds, and I really hated that. A 15 minute break would last 30+ minutes.

A few will stop at Starbucks as well in my congregation.

We will stop at the local QT or a RaceTrac and grab a drink and snack and head out. (QT and RaceTrac are gas stations, but they have a large store that sells coffee, drinks, fresh made sandwiches and hot breakfast sandwiches)

Before our congregation split, a ton of people would go to the McDonalds, and I really hated that. A 15 minute break would last 30+ minutes.

I'm surprised you don't do sit down breaks. You'd think the former McD's crowd would want to. And yes I also hate really long breaks, even though shorter ones I like (but don't need).

I'm surprised you don't do sit down breaks. You'd think the former McD's crowd would want to. And yes I also hate really long breaks, even though shorter ones I like (but don't need).

The former McD's crowd may still do the sit downs, that part of the territory is now a new congregation.

I think most of us just don't feel the need to sit down after working in the ministry for one hour. We have our meeting on Saturday, so our weekend service is on Sunday. We meet at 10 am on Sunday, so say we are in the territory by 10:30, we only work til 12:30, so 2 hrs, really don't need to sit down.

Like I said, we will run to the QT or something and use the restroom, grab a drink or something, but we are back in the car within a few minutes and heading back to the territory.

I actually prefer not taking a sit down break, as no matter what anyone says, they always last longer then 15 minutes, lol. If I am working with an older one or someone with children, then yeah, that's different, we will do a sit down break as they probably need it. Most of our congregation though is 30-50 range in age, and a quick stop at the QT to get a drink is good for most of us.

hey Dawn should start something New. Introduce a coffee break. One of my favourite C'Os I really loved the wife so kind and

thoughtful and when it hit 11am she'd say ok time for coffee. where do you want to go..

she was so much fun... But then how bigs you territory...gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I'd highly recommend seeing the peace river valley, and going further west to British Columbia......banff, jasper all beautiful places. My husband and I were hoping to get out east someday and see some of the sights inherent to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick (the appalachians basically)

I definitely want to take the family out that way,it sounds lovely.

I highly recommend the maritimes.Great scenery,friendly people,good food!

hey Dawn should start something New. Introduce a coffee break. One of my favourite C'Os I really loved the wife so kind and

thoughtful and when it hit 11am she'd say ok time for coffee. where do you want to go..

she was so much fun... But then how bigs you territory...gabe

child, .. one day i suggested a break, the 1 of the 2 pioneers recommended that i pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...and a bottle of water...lol.....the territory is huge, but still there should always be time for a break..get energized and head back out, you gotta make it fun, ...not a drudgery.....miss my old congregation.....i am a pioneer as well, this congregation does not help me out at all....but my God is Jehovah!:dance:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

This new congregation I now attend--do not stop for breaks---they are so boring too...lol

What, come on?? You'll have to start them on it since you are 1/3 of the pioneer body there. Make it a grassroots effort, start on the publishers then once they're doing it the pioneers will have to also.

Hope all is well there anyway.

This new congregation I now attend--do not stop for breaks---they are so boring too...lol

What, come on?? You'll have to start them on it since you are 1/3 of the pioneer body there. Make it a grassroots effort, start on the publishers then once they're doing it the pioneers will have to also.

Hope all is well there anyway.

I plan of forming some groups for 'evening wictnessing'. telephone wictnessing, and letter writing,--I work full time and am available in the evenings-Yup, things are gonna change around these parts! I asked the COBE last night at the meeting for an appointment to talk with him.;)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Panera Bread is #1 here....so I get a jalepeno bagel and lemon water but I like Liebermann's Bakery best,

they have really good cookies.

Liebeman's donuts aren't too shabby, either ;)

We generally stop at Giant Eagle, a local grocery store that alos has a small eating area. Donuts, hot foods, salads, coffee and other drinks. Some of the friends like to stop at a McDonald's when they are over on that side of the territory. I hate going there because the water is TERRIBLE, hence all their drinks are terrible. Plus, McDonalds doesn't agree with me anymore LOL.

Panera Bread is #1 here....so I get a jalepeno bagel and lemon water but I like Liebermann's Bakery best,

they have really good cookies.

Liebeman's donuts aren't too shabby, either ;)

We generally stop at Giant Eagle, a local grocery store that alos has a small eating area. Donuts, hot foods, salads, coffee and other drinks. Some of the friends like to stop at a McDonald's when they are over on that side of the territory. I hate going there because the water is TERRIBLE, hence all their drinks are terrible. Plus, McDonalds doesn't agree with me anymore LOL.

Thought about going to Liebermann's today...went to the Amish Door instead it was still awesome...little Amish lady waited on me...I got

an Apple fritter....yummy....and a giant coffee....

Did ya ever take Katrina there...great drive there...it's part of our territory.It's near the Wilderness Center in Wilmot...I think your in-laws

Hall has part of the territory.

• 3 weeks later...

100061=5528-Untitled-1.gif Here is our local coffee place. Inside and outside seating. Room for three or four car groups at a time. Yummy snacks. Rest rooms. It doesn't get any better! I was surprised that when I pulled this picture off Google Earth that it didn't show any of us enjoying the sunshine. We try to hold our breaks down to 15 minutes, but don't always succeed.

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread and have been enjoying it. Sometimes we stop, and sometimes we don't. Depends on who is in the car group (older, some arthritic) and we'll stop at Java Junction. They have the BEST donuts and coffee. Sit down and enjoy 15 minutes off our feet. There's a rest room, too. On any given Saturday at 10:30 you can always find someone from our congregation or the Central Congregation there! If just another sister and I are in the car doing RV or not at homes, we don't stop so we can maximize our time out in the ministry. BTW, we have one or two 7-11's that have sit-down seating, just three or four booths. :drink: