JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pipefitters Union

A brother who is in the HVAC industry encouraged me to go for the union. He even paid for my application fee!!! So, from there I decided to really put Jehovah ahead of myself. With more service, pioneering, etc... So the other day I took my entrance exam for the Union. There were 144 people taking the test!!! They were only keeping the top 40, and those get interviewed, and then the top 15 of those get the job. I have never been in any type of "competion" like that before. Boy did I pray!!!! After my prayer, I can honestly say, the answers flowed easily!!! I knew I had Jehovah's guidance to be honest. Anyways, I am suppose to get the result in 2 weeks. I got my result today instead... Here it is!!!

89600=5039-my acceptance letter.JPG

Yay Micah! They seem pretty strict on punctuality, I myself would be leaving like really early just in case there's traffic or something :tongue:

Cool. It is about 45 min drive there. So, I am gonna leave about 1 to 1 1/2 hr early at least. I am just stuck on what to wear. Wife suggested a nice pair of black dockers, dress shirt and tie. And I am going to do what Jehovah suggested to Abraham, "LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE!!!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where I am working is already being pretty........ bad. I need this coming weekend off, March 31, April 1, for our Circuit Assembly, and he scheduled me. I put the request in 2 days after I started. I told him about it when he scheduled me, and he said that he already has to find a replacement for another guy on the same day because his wife had a baby (delivered March 16), so he comes first, then he will try to find one for me. He doesn't know that I will call off. Point me, I don't care. I wonder if it's to late to play the religion card. I feel wierd about it because it's like playing a power card. Maybe that's just a dumb excuse. But if it comes down to it, especially after the WT article today, I am going to let him know that not only have I had this planned since November, but it is a religious function. BTW, they frown on religious people. It was a struggle getting Sunday mornings off. They told me that work was more important and I need to prioritize myself. I told them to chose their words carefully... It's a stressful place. I was suppose to be transferred to another store closer to me, who is anxiously waiting for me too. But now am being denied until they hire more people. It's not my fault that nobody wants to work for this guy. And the commercial manager gets to make fun of my hearing (I am deaf in right ear, 25% hearing in left ear) in front of customers, I complained to the District Manager, and he gets to keep his job!?!? Argh............. I think Jehovah got me this job temporarily though. I think he knows I can do well with the Union.

So your input here, do I want to go the pipefitter route? HVAC? Plumbing? Sprinklerfitter?

Very happy for you, Micah! :tongue:

Of course, now everybody here know where you will be on Friday April 13th at 2:30 PM. So if you've offended anyone or made any enemies........:whistling:

We also have the phone number to call and give our input as to his sense of humor, ahead of his appointment. I wonder what devious plot we could conjure up? Just kidding. :whistling:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Very happy for you' date=' Micah! :tongue: Of course, now everybody here know where you will be on Friday April 13th at 2:30 PM. So if you've offended anyone or made any enemies........:whistling:[/quote'] We also have the phone number to call and give our input as to his sense of humor, ahead of his appointment. I wonder what devious plot we could conjure up? Just kidding. :whistling:
Hehehe......... oh boy.............

89696=5043-nervous wreck.jpg

Attached files 89696=5042-nervous wreck.bmp

So your input here, do I want to go the pipefitter route? HVAC? Plumbing? Sprinklerfitter?

HI Micah

Congrats on getting your shot at joining the union!

I am a second year registered plumbing apprentice in Canada.

Plumbing is a great trade to get in to.But i will just advise you that it is

not for everyone. I personally work in the industrial/commercial sector.

If you want to be a plumber there is a few things you must be OK with or

shall i say be able to "learn to be OK with"

1.Plumbing is full of heavy lifting..(i can elaborate on this if you like)

2.You can't be squeamish because you will have to work around and touch (sanitary waste)

3.There are some times when you will have to work long hours. (people/company's have

plumbing emergency's and you can't leave the job tell there water gets turned back on!)

4.You must be mechanically incline..(that goes for all the trades)

But with that being said,it's an awesome trade and there's nothing like the feeling of

being able to help people with a service that is vital in everyday life.

Plus it pays GREAT!!

HVAC is also very popular.I don't know much about it.But i do know one thing..

People need there AC working in the summer and there Heaters working in the

winter.So you should have work all year round..

Do some research on each trade before you pick one!

I spoke with a brother who is retired from the carpentry union here. He told me that he has worked with the union that I am trying to get into. He said that I will be doing it all! That I wouldn't mind. I would like to get into industrial/commercial HVAC/Plumbing. I am getting really excited!!! I know.... don't count your chickens before they hatch, but I got a good feeling about this...

Btw, when they say they do a physical, what does that mean? That is what I am a lil nervous about.

Good choice Micah (tu) Sounds like Jah is blessing your efforts Bro. Yesterday in field service a sister mentioned that she had to get home right away to move 80 lb. sacks of cement for her non-believing husband. She said that he was pouring a slab, so I rushed home, changed and went back to help. I have been trying to cultivate a study with him.

So by the time I got there he had the AC slab poured already, and his HVAC buddy pulled up. His friend George mentioned that he has been in the business for 12 years and just recently started working on commercial buildings for the banks in foreclosures. George said he wished he had started doing this years ago, he has more work than he can handle, and the banks are easy to work for, oh yeah... he receives $79.00 per hour.

Very happy for you, Micah! :tongue:

Of course, now everybody here know where you will be on Friday April 13th at 2:30 PM. So if you've offended anyone or made any enemies........:whistling:

We also have the phone number to call and give our input as to his sense of humor, ahead of his appointment. I wonder what devious plot we could conjure up? Just kidding. :whistling:

Micah, be very afraid. Chuck and Lynn are in cahoots on this one.

I spoke with a brother who is retired from the carpentry union here. He told me that he has worked with the union that I am trying to get into. He said that I will be doing it all! That I wouldn't mind. I would like to get into industrial/commercial HVAC/Plumbing. I am getting really excited!!! I know.... don't count your chickens before they hatch, but I got a good feeling about this...

Btw, when they say they do a physical, what does that mean? That is what I am a lil nervous about.

They required the same for my job. They sent me to get a blood test and a back X-ray. Hey they paid for it so why not.

Apparently for my job they have had a few "payouts" due to back injuries and they wanted to see if there was a pre-existing condition.

If they require it - they will pay. Nothing like getting FREE medical info.

note: not gloved finger :tsk:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Having worked construction and a person who sent people out for physicals, I have never seen in over 30 years in the trades them doing the gloved finger thingy. However if they discover something questionable, they might want more than a basic physical workup. Your heart would be the greatest concern, I would think. They may want a stress test for example.

In my trade we had to get yearly physicals and breathing test as we worked with and around silica. We always teased the new apprentices about what to expect. Normally one did not have to dress down but on this one occasion the attending physician was not up to speed on what was acceptable and what was not. He ask the apprentice to dress down and put on a hospital gown and when the Dr. came in the room he put on gloves and the apprentice freaked out.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

He ask the apprentice to dress down and put on a hospital gown and when the Dr. came in the room he put on gloves and the apprentice freaked out.

"Now turn your head and cough..." :P

"Bend over, touch your toes,

I'll show you where the wild goose goes."

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!