JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another church shooting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1353 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.lawofficer.com/north-carolina-church-shooting-leaves-one-dead-others-injured/

HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police have launched an investigation Sunday evening following a fatal shooting at a church in High Point, North Carolina.

According to a press release, authorities responded to reports of shots fired at Living Water Baptist Church, located on 1300 Brentwood Street.

After arriving on scene, officers located one deceased Black male whose identity is being withheld at this time pending notification of family as well as a few other victims suffering from minor injures.

High Point Police said detectives will interview potential witnesses and involved parties, conduct searches of any people, vehicles, or places that may contain evidence of crime and collect any relevant materials that may aid in investigation or prosecution.

“High Point Police Department remains diligent and focused on identifying those persons involved in criminal activity in High Point and holding them and their associates responsible for their actions,” authorities said.

I liked this line from the article:  Since police were “coy” in the press release, details regarding the incident are unclear. However, law enforcement authorities said updated information will be provided during regular business hours on Monday, Fox News reported.

Definition of coy: showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand: 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 hours ago, Loopy said:

I liked this line from the article:  Since police were “coy” in the press release, details regarding the incident are unclear. However, law enforcement authorities said updated information will be provided during regular business hours on Monday, Fox News reported.

Definition of coy: showing reluctance, especially when insincere or affected, to reveal one's plans or opinions, make a commitment, or take a stand: 

Why are they insinuating that the police are behaving in an insincere way? What is the basis for that?

8 hours ago, M.J. said:

Why are they insinuating that the police are behaving in an insincere way? What is the basis for that?

Isn't it obvious as to the reason why a police precinct would be coy?  Look at what's at stake, more protests, more attention to the movement of getting rid of the police or defunding them. Or convictions in court.  

2 hours ago, comtemplate said:

Isn't it obvious as to the reason why a police precinct would be coy?  Look at what's at stake, more protests, more attention to the movement of getting rid of the police or defunding them. Or convictions in court.  

One person died at or near a church, before the police even arrived. Not sure why this would cause any protests, or put the police into question....

Maybe they were being coy due to the extent of the crime. It sounds a little crazy. Here’s an update

https://www.google.com/amp/s/myfox8.com/news/high-point-police-release-identity-of-victim-in-shooting-on-church-property-say-60-70-shell-casings-found/amp/

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”