JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW library and windows 10

Hello,  I am brand new to JW talk but I hope someone can help me.  I cannot get JW library to download to my brand new computer  It is an HP Envy x360 with the latest AMD processor.  Initially after I bought the computer JW library ran fine.  However, I was having problems saving other word  files where I wanted on my computer and a forum on line said to try changing the "permissions" area of the computer.  To make a long story short, that was a BIG mistake and I ended up with no access to anything and had to do a restore/ reinstall on my windows10 program.  After that reinstall, there was an update which I did.  Now, when I first start up my computer I get a couple of boxes that say I don't have permission to this or that.  I close them and am able to use my computer.  HOWEVER,  I cannot get JW Library to work.  I can download the program, but when I open the app I am unable to download any videos, books, nothing!  I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times.  Still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Once solved, I'd appreciate how to stop those pesky boxes on start up.  

Welcome to JW Talk, Sister Cheryl. :D

I hope someone here will be able to help you.

I finally managed to get JWLibrary installed on my Windows 10 Dell laptop, but I have given up ever getting it to update. 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

You must not have done a complete format and reinstall. It would be best to format the drive and reinstall Windows.

You can create a USB boot drive from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

As part of the installation you can format the drive. This will delete any of the permissions problems.

On 11/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Sister Cheryl said:

Hello,  I am brand new to JW talk but I hope someone can help me.  I cannot get JW library to download to my brand new computer  It is an HP Envy x360 with the latest AMD processor.  Initially after I bought the computer JW library ran fine.  However, I was having problems saving other word  files where I wanted on my computer and a forum on line said to try changing the "permissions" area of the computer.  To make a long story short, that was a BIG mistake and I ended up with no access to anything and had to do a restore/ reinstall on my windows10 program.  After that reinstall, there was an update which I did.  Now, when I first start up my computer I get a couple of boxes that say I don't have permission to this or that.  I close them and am able to use my computer.  HOWEVER,  I cannot get JW Library to work.  I can download the program, but when I open the app I am unable to download any videos, books, nothing!  I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times.  Still nothing.  Any help would be appreciated.  Once solved, I'd appreciate how to stop those pesky boxes on start up.  

You could show us pictures of the dialog boxes. Someone might have had the problem, or one could help you that way

😁

• 2 weeks later...

A brother here suggestef that I attach pictures of the error messages that pop up upon restart of the computer.  I'll add them here.  Thanks for the suggestions so far.  I am terrified of a total reformat of my brand new computer. 

Any help appreciated as I cannot use my jw.org app.  It's such a bummer  I can only add two imagees but there are 5 error messages that pop up.

20201124_150138.jpg

20201124_150126.jpg

17 hours ago, Sister Cheryl said:

A brother here suggestef that I attach pictures of the error messages that pop up upon restart of the computer.  I'll add them here.  Thanks for the suggestions so far.  I am terrified of a total reformat of my brand new computer. 

Any help appreciated as I cannot use my jw.org app.  It's such a bummer  I can only add two imagees but there are 5 error messages that pop up.

20201124_150138.jpg

20201124_150126.jpg

looks like the change in permissions you've applied earlier affected access to Windows Apps folder. It will be hard to troubleshoot this just by telling you what to click on as there are quite few things to check. If you are comfortable with, i can offer you a remote session via AnyDesk application and take a look.

I fixed the problem.  I had to do a complete reinstall of windows.  Started completely over and was successful at putting things aright it seems.  Re downloaded jw library and am able to download publications and everything works as it should.  NONE of the on line fixes worked other than complete reinstall. I thought I would let this forum know.

13 hours ago, Sister Cheryl said:

I fixed the problem.  I had to do a complete reinstall of windows.  Started completely over and was successful at putting things aright it seems.  Re downloaded jw library and am able to download publications and everything works as it should.  NONE of the on line fixes worked other than complete reinstall. I thought I would let this forum know.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have technical questions or issues.