JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Major Christian Religions Promoting Same Sex Marriages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4378 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Im so upset at this. They have tossed Genesis 2:24 right out the window. Not to mentioned that Jesus quoted this same text to the bungling Pharisses. You've have to read this.

Church leaders back calls for same-sex marriage bills

April 2, 2012

Read later

TWENTY faith leaders have signed a letter urging people to declare their support for same sex marriage to two federal parliamentary inquiries on the issue.

The move follows six Victorian Catholic bishops writing to their parishioners to tell them allowing gay couples to marry would be a ''grave mistake'' and would undermine the institution of marriage.

Signatories of the pro-gay marriage letter, organised by the gay marriage campaigners Australian Marriage Equality, include the Sydney Uniting Church minister Bill Crews, the Baptist minister Mike Hercock, the Metropolitan Community Church pastor Karl Hand and the Outreach Ministries church fellowship senior pastor Shane Anderson.

The letter reads: ''As clergy from various different faiths and denominations in Australia, we believe marriage is a fundamental institution in our society. It fosters greater commitment between partners, provides children with a sense of security and stability, and strengthens ties with families and communities.''

Three private members bills to legalise gay marriage are before federal Parliament. Submissions to the inquiry being held by the Senate legal and constitutional affairs committee close today, while submissions to the inquiry being held by the House of Representatives social policy and legal affairs committee close on April 20.

As things stand, each bill appears headed for defeat by its Labor opponents - including the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, - and the Coalition.

While Labor MPs have a conscience vote on the issue, Coalition MPs do not.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/church-leaders-back-calls-for-samesex-marriage-bills-20120401-1w6la.html#ixzz1qpF6pxjx

Im so upset at this. They have tossed Genesis 2:24 right out the window. Not to mentioned that Jesus quoted this same text to the bungling Pharisses. You've have to read this.

Church leaders back calls for same-sex marriage bills

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/church-leaders-back-calls-for-samesex-marriage-bills-20120401-1w6la.html#ixzz1qpF6pxjx

Very interesting information....I'm certainly not surprised by this. It is more of what we expect from Babylon the Great, right? I expect to see homosexual groups do all they can to prevent us from teaching Bible truth regarding God's moral principles in the very near future.

Frankly, i am surprised that the LDA haven't changed to this - especially with a presidential candidate.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

[large][/large]I am so looking forward to the vindication of Jehovah in armageddon and the new order and system of things that I am excited and happy when these things happen because I know my liberation is fast approaching. BRING IT HARLOT!

Well said Bro Mo. Never ceases to amaze me that these religions go against the very word they claim to live by. Gods word. Its unjustifiable. Ive heard the arguement that God no longer hates homosexuality. Lol news to me! I must have missed something!!!

Well said Bro Mo. Never ceases to amaze me that these religions go against the very word they claim to live by. Gods word. Its unjustifiable. Ive heard the arguement that God no longer hates homosexuality. Lol news to me! I must have missed something!!!

I know it is a fine but ... He doesn't HATE homosexuals. He gave his son "in order that ANY exercising faith in him might not be destroyed." John 3:16. If that person would change their actions, Jehovah is happy to wash them clean (1 Cor 6:9-11).

So, it is the ACTION of being a homosexuals that he hates. Yes, they will not inherit the kingdom (according to 1 Cor) IF they don't change, but if they do - the God who LOVES us all is willing to apply the ransom to that person too (also according to 1 Cor.).

Interesting to note - Fornicators are in that same group. He feels the same way about those who continue to fornicate as he does of homosexuals - no difference for Him. Our view should be the same as his - fornicators / homosexuals - THE SAME THING.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

[large][/large]Very well said brother Jerry, Jehovah is a God of love and sees homosexuality as apart of imperfection, inherited sin and as fornication. Jehovah is not a God of prejudices or bigotry but of love. John 3:16 is evidence of how much His love for "THE WORLD" encompasses. What He can't and won't condone is REBELLION. Rebelliousness is the issue here. Jehovah will deal with rebellion without prejudice.

I know it is a fine but ... He doesn't HATE homosexuals. He gave his son "in order that ANY exercising faith in him might not be destroyed." John 3:16. If that person would change their actions, Jehovah is happy to wash them clean (1 Cor 6:9-11).

So, it is the ACTION of being a homosexuals that he hates. Yes, they will not inherit the kingdom (according to 1 Cor) IF they don't change, but if they do - the God who LOVES us all is willing to apply the ransom to that person too (also according to 1 Cor.).

Interesting to note - Fornicators are in that same group. He feels the same way about those who continue to fornicate as he does of homosexuals - no difference for Him. Our view should be the same as his - fornicators / homosexuals - THE SAME THING.

[large][/large]Very well said brother Jerry, Jehovah is a God of love and sees homosexuality as apart of imperfection, inherited sin and as fornication. Jehovah is not a God of prejudices or bigotry but of love. John 3:16 is evidence of how much His love for "THE WORLD" encompasses. What He can't and won't condone is REBELLION. Rebelliousness is the issue here. Jehovah will deal with rebellion without prejudice.

I am not suggesting the scales be tipped the other way here - as I am sure you are not.

Fornication - whether it is homosexuality or otherwise IS rebelliousness. Jehovah created marriage for ONE man and ONE woman - LEGALLY & SCRIPTURALLY MARRIED - to share this type of intimacy. Any thing other than that is rebelliousness and as you stated will not be condoned by Jehovah or His people.

Homosexuality is more than "inherited" sin. It is a willful CHOICE to have sex with a person one is not married to (and can't EVER be SCRIPTURALLY married to). Just as fornication is a willful CHOICE to have sex with someone. It is only being RAPED that is having sex with someone UNWILLFULLY.

Soon .....

Me too Jerry! It's a very slippery slope when using those tiny keyboards! Then of course spell check is no good if the word is spelled correctly but used inappropriately! Ha!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I agree! Thank you brother Jerry.

I am not suggesting the scales be tipped the other way here - as I am sure you are not.

Fornication - whether it is homosexuality or otherwise IS rebelliousness. Jehovah created marriage for ONE man and ONE woman - LEGALLY & SCRIPTURALLY MARRIED - to share this type of intimacy. Any thing other than that is rebelliousness and as you stated will not be condoned by Jehovah or His people.

Homosexuality is more than "inherited" sin. It is a willful CHOICE to have sex with a person one is not married to (and can't EVER be SCRIPTURALLY married to). Just as fornication is a willful CHOICE to have sex with someone. It is only being RAPED that is having sex with someone UNWILLFULLY.

I didnt say he hates homosexuals.....i said he hates homosexuality. Its the act, not the person he hates :) And i agree homosexuality is fornication, same thing.