JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kindle vs. Nook - Which do you choose?

No, I use the KM, the WTLib, OD book (because it isn't in there) & an on-line Bible that I converted - the NET Bible (love all the footnotes). That is it.

For the "current" magazines, daytext, and Theo school - I use JWReader and Adobe - especially now that I can underline and highlight. I still use a paper Bible for the scriptures. Our CO (during pioneer school) tried to talk all of us into using the Rbi-8 (Study Bible) for the meetings, but I still use my regular size one (Rb-12). I like knowing where on the page is the verse that I am looking for.

side note: the Theo School shows up under the daytext on the phone, but not on the tablet - same version and everything. I haven't figured this one out yet.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are in JW reader, and then in the "Bible" screen. Go to the bottom where the scripture is listed and hold your finger down for a few seconds, a menu will pop up and let you choose Book, chapter and verse.

With the magazines, hold your finger down on the one you want and choose "listen" from the popup menu,

That is the same - in JWReader - for the magazines -> press and hold on the mag / book icons and more options come up.

Thank-you that was it.

Anyone know how you backup an app to the sd card. My cruz can do it but haven't found it in the Ramos. When I update my firmware I will lose all the installed apps.

Is there a "settings" button. On my tablet and phone - I go to settings - Applications - ALL. Then I select each individual app and there is an option there to move to SD Card.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Here's a dumb question. Meekspace.com has the iSlo files for the WTL on box.net. I created a Box.net account. Now how do I find those files to download?

PM me your email address and I will send a collaboration invitation.

Ok Update will not work. I follow the instructions, start the update process. I see on the screen...updating...please wait. Then the screen goes black, then my charging battery shows and then black again, and then nothing. I restart and it's the same old firmware.

Nope, it came with 0203. The new one is 0406.

That's not what the specs say on the site you ordered it from:

CPU: AMLogic Cortex-A9 2nd generation core

GPU: ARM Mali-400 independent GPU core, powerful 3D performance

OS: Google Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, support Skype Video Chat

Memory: 512MB RAM + 8GB Storage

I like the Dolphin browser for Android.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the W6HD, but it has one bad problem. The battery only lasts 4 1/2 hours in reading mode. And it takes 5 hours to recharge. Took it to our S.A.D. today. Had to go back to using the Paper Bible after lunch since the battery was dead. Can't make it last the whole day.

Get the task manager by RHMSoft.

Loving the W6HD, but it has one bad problem. The battery only lasts 4 1/2 hours in reading mode. And it takes 5 hours to recharge. Took it to our S.A.D. today. Had to go back to using the Paper Bible after lunch since the battery was dead. Can't make it last the whole day.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.