JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia bans the JWLibrary app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1052 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

All they have to do is change the name and the application developer name to something else like “Rampo Studios”.

Just like: https://jw-russia.org 

Then just modify the apps icon to something else and then create an internal Lock Screen prior to accessing the application-They can ban “JWLIBRARY”. Giving it a new name would give the lawyers a run of their money. Since then the lawsuit could be thrown out since the application, would no longer exist under that name or under that original function. Unless they go threw with the already decided verdict of banned. You can’t stop Jehovah…I know no mater what They are still getting the spiritual food they need.

I read that one town in russia has that problem with a western company for several years.

Whenever the town wins a suit, the company closes and changes the name and basically resets the whole process again.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

On 4/2/2021 at 10:17 AM, Thesauron said:

There are many other ways, but it is unnecessary to talk about them. When you need to use them, you will get instructions.

Memory is good!  What we learn now, Jehovah can bring back to mind when we need it.

If someone has already posted this, I apologize.  I am so busy with Field Service I don't have time to read everything anymore.