JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is Samsung Tab A7 Table suitable for JW Library?

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is a low end 10.4" tablet with 3GB RAM and either 32GB or 64GB storage.

It supports a 1TB microSD card for external storage.

The CPU is a Snapdragon 662.

I've read 2 reviews on this tablet which are quite positive.

The Verge and Android Police.

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has used this tablet for JW Library.

The Tab A 8.0 is the one I use and recommend to some sisters here..It is great for Zoom, reasonably priced and the 2017 model has 32GB internal storage..also will receive a SD card for media storage. In JW Library settings, I always choose to download media to SD card..first..before downloading any media. Also, Walmart has a universal SOLO case for $19 online. It has spring clips at each corner...as long as you are not using the tablet to take pictures...Case fits tablets 5.5" to 8.5". 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 5/1/2021 at 6:44 AM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I use the Galaxy S7 tablet. I am not sure what the difference is. But I recommend it. I like using a pen (stylus), so that is why I went with this one.

The Samsung S7 Tablet is a lovely tablet with an AMOLED screen.

However, its 2 1/2 times the price of the Samsung tab A7 tablet.😅

So we went for the Samsung tab A7 as it performs reasonably well for its much lower price.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:53 PM, SUNRAY said:

The Tab A 8.0 is the one I use and recommend to some sisters here..It is great for Zoom, reasonably priced and the 2017 model has 32GB internal storage..also will receive a SD card for media storage. In JW Library settings, I always choose to download media to SD card..first..before downloading any media. Also, Walmart has a universal SOLO case for $19 online. It has spring clips at each corner...as long as you are not using the tablet to take pictures...Case fits tablets 5.5" to 8.5". 

Do you find the Samsung Tab A8.0 fast enough for jw library use?

The price is very good. 1/2 the price of the Samsung Tab A7 tablet.

37 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

Do you find the Samsung Tab A8.0 fast enough for jw library use?

The price is very good. 1/2 the price of the Samsung Tab A7 tablet.

Hi! Yes! The 2017 model..not sure if there is a model newer than that one! Don't let the price throw you! 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bee said:

I have doubts about which brand and model to buy, which is the best tablet for JW, zoom meeting? Which one is the best ? Apple or Samsung?

I think it depends on what you are used to.

Buy an Apple device if you are used to it and don't want to learn a new way of operating.

I find the Android devices are a lot cheaper. The Samsung Tab A7 is a reasonable mid range device for JW Library and zoom meetings.😁

1 minute ago, WilliamChew said:

Acho que depende do que você está acostumado.

Compre um dispositivo Apple se você estiver acostumado com ele e não quiser aprender uma nova maneira de operar.

Acho que os dispositivos Android são muito mais baratos. O Samsung Tab A7 é um dispositivo de gama média razoável para JW Library e reuniões de zoom. 😁

😄👍🏻Thanks, it seems that android has more accessibility and is much cheaper, Apple products are very expensive here.

• 2 weeks later...

I using it too. I love its quad speakers. They are louder then mobile. Our songs and broadcasting music plays excellent :)

Tablet os is fine optimised - I have 1 - 1,2gb ram free. 

CPU performs reasonably good. 

Only that 32gb storage is too small for todays use. But I set library to use  SD card for media and no problem.

Before buying a7 2020 I considered tab from Lenovo, its P11 model. But higher price.

It has 64gb storage, more ram, can use digi pen, bigger screen (11).

But same performance, screen resolution and quad speakers too. 

We are everyday at car and loving to sing our songs - thats why I wanted quad speakers 📢😆🤭