JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lovely quotes.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 924 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Where are these quotes from?

They're little cute sayings that have been circulating for decades. I've seen the email/knee-mail on a church sign before.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thank you, Sister Jennifer for putting up one of my favourite topics. My boss at my last job once told us at our Monday pep talk to send a 'lovely quote' to our friends each morning via our phone. This has been my practice (sorry, once in a while only) to send to the local sisters especially during this lockdown time (3.3 people dying per day in this small low income country in June 2021 *)

Spoiler

image.png.11ce74ffb7760715684ca55c4c30cd84.png

image.png.059362d4776cfc873f7705cc596e7580.png

*On average, 80 people died every day due to Covid-19 this month

image.png.68a27bd7d762aca3ab3fccbcb128e31a.png

Edited by happiness IS

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Our ability should never exceed our humility."

"Humility is an elusive quality that has to be constantly and continually cultivated. Once you think you have it, you've lost it!"

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

https://www.pawbuzz.com/magic-of-words/

Spoiler

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet.

He held up a sign which said: “I am blind, please help.”

There were only a few coins in the hat. A man was walking by.

He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat.

He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words.

He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were.

The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, 

“Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?”

The man said,

“I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.

I wrote: ‘Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.'”

Morals of the Story:

Be creative and innovative. Think differently and positively.

Let’s share this. Maybe you’ll touch someone’s heart and become the reason for the smiles on their faces.