JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

jwpub files 1950-1999

I need help. Where can I download jwpub files from 1950 to 1999 Watchtower publications? It seems that our website only post the jwpub files from year 2000 until recent time. My JW Library app is slow if I download all the publications. I just want to download a jwpub file of a certain publication from 1950-1999.

Edited by ... in the shadows

2 hours ago, ... in the shadows said:

I need help. Where can I download jwpub files from 1950 to 1999 Watchtower publications? It seems that our website only post the jwpub files from year 2000 until recent time. My JW Library app is slow if I download all the publications. I just want to download a jwpub file of a certain publication from 1950-1999.

Go to JWLibrary, Publications, Watchtowers, select the desired year, the desired month, and download that specificaly wt you want

You can do it from the JW library app, as mentioned. You can also download your file from JW.org or by substituting XX in this link for that of the desired publication abbreviation.

https://www.jw.org/download/?output=html&pub=XX&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES%2CDAISY&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 hours ago, ... in the shadows said:

Brother Lemuel, you say "Watchtower publications" or "certain publications".  Are you just talking about older Watchtower magazines? Or are you talking about other publications like Awake magazines and books?  The suggestions given by the other brothers above work for Watchtower magazines but we don't have jwpub files for books or brochures that go back to 1950.  Some brothers have PDF scans but no jwpub files.

Thank you all. What I mean is... 

I want to download a jwpub file of a publication in our website, not in our JW Library app. Let's say for example... a jwpub file of January 1, 1990 Watchtower. But, in our website, in Library >Magazines, the oldest year where jwpub files of Watchtower available is year 2000. Of course, it's easy to download from 1950-1999 Watchtowers in the JW Library app. But the problem is, if I download all the publications in my JW Library app, my JW Library is slow to respond (maybe because of RAM, only 4GB). What I want is a jwpub file from the website so that I can download and open it (JW Library can read jwpub files) and also delete it if I wanted to but still have it (because I already downloaded it) when I need it for some future time. 

Screenshot_20210722-074724.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-074636.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-081109.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-081115.jpg

I had a look at the oldest magazines on the site, those from 2000. For example, the link for the October 22, 2000 issue of Awake! is:

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=20001022&output=html&pub=g&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES%2CDAISY&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

Looking at that URL, it's clear that 20001022 is the date in year-month-day format and &pub=g means Awake! (if you want The Watchtower, replace the g with a w). Changing those you can have a link to any Watchtower or Awake! issues that are available on JW Library. For example, if you want the March 15, 1998 issue of The Watchtower the link would be:

https://www.jw.org/download/?issue=19980415&output=html&pub=w&fileformat=PDF%2CEPUB%2CJWPUB%2CRTF%2CTXT%2CBRL%2CBES%2CDAISY&alllangs=0&langwritten=E&txtCMSLang=E&isBible=0

I hope this is useful.