JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Imagine a conversation

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 943 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 3 weeks later...

Some people remain willfully ignorant, others ignore because they genuinly don't believe due to the overpowering nature of the world's secularism.

It's why this outlook I find too judgemental of those in the world. I doubt Jehovah will put to death people who had "genuine disbelief", as opposed to those who know God is real but refuse to obey.

"Jesus said to them: “If you were blind, you would have no sin. But now you say, ‘We see.’ Your sin remains". - John 9:41

"...among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through" - 2 Corinthians 4:4

"Also, continue showing mercy to some who have doubts, save them by snatching them out of the fire. But continue showing mercy to others, doing so with fear, while you hate even the garment that has been stained by the flesh..." - Jude 1:22

Of course, there will be those who will always choose to oppose Christ's rule, and I've seen plenty of those types, who word for word state they don't care for eternal life, they would prefer to die and do what they want temporarily, they truly hate God or the idea of a superior being telling them what to do. True "antichrists" in every meaning of the word.

Edited by EccentricM

1 minute ago, Dages said:

During the GT, they will have to take a stand... Even if they ignore, they may fight and hunt us.

Of course. By that time, everyone will know what is what. :)

The scriptures make it clear the beast-like governments and many of its supporters will seek to go after God's loyal worshippers. Whether that will include all non-Christians, or just those select onces who want to join the crusade against God's kingdom, who knows? It will be an "interesting" time to say the least.

7 hours ago, Dages said:

During the GT, they will have to take a stand... Even if they ignore, they may fight and hunt us.

Since the judgment has already started, they can't take a stand then, it will be too late. As Matthew 8:5-12 remind us, verse 12 making the point "whereas the sons of the Kingdom will be thrown into the darkness outside. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be."

The simple fact is that Satan is an expert at what he does, but Jehovah is making his good news known so widely tat eventually there will only be those who choose to ignore, everyone will have had the opportunity to know about him. And his will is that all sorts of people gain life. Based on many articles I've read, 'm sure he will show mercy to those with special circumstances.

The illustration or story that Jack received highlights the truth of Matthew 24:14 and many others that a time will come when Jehovah will say no more and those who chose to ignore will suffer the consequences of their choice.

11 hours ago, Dages said:

I agree but even if they chose to take a stand with us it will be too late and that will probably cause them to turn against us with the rest

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

@*Jack* good OP brother. The only thing I would say is that conversation doesn’t necessarily point to willful ignorance. 

But it could still mean destruction potentially, as many people allow their own sincere ignorance and arrogance to turn down those many invitations.

Point well taken!

Edited by Bob

13 hours ago, VisualizeUrParadise said:

I have even allowed some of my servants to put JW.ORG on their car windows but you wouldn't care. 

Can someone tell me where I can order the sign?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Judy, the branch has updated its terms of use and discouraged the use of the JW.org logo. Also you could be making yourself a target by having it on your home or vehicle.it’s totally up to you and others still do it, but any online printer can do it.

sorry to get off topic.

Edited by bigvince

17 hours ago, bigvince said:

Judy, the branch has updated its terms of use and discouraged the use of the JW.org logo. Also you could be making yourself a target by having it on your home or vehicle.it’s totally up to you and others still do it, but any online printer can do it.

sorry to get off topic.

You know, I've often wondered about the pros and cons. I have plans to travel to Washington state next month to visit my son, and a local sister advised me to have a copy of the Watchtower on my dash. I know it can be a conversation starter as well as a target. This sister is elderly and traveled extensively when she was younger, but it's a much different world here in the last days of the last days......

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

18 hours ago, JudyO said:

Can someone tell me where I can order the sign?

Just a sign with the spelling out of JW.ORG would not be a violation of anything. Stickers are avilable that say "I ❤️ JW.ORG". Such would not stand out in a crowd at all. Custom stickers are readily available on the internet.

I have seen "I ❤️ YHWH".  I am not into bumper or window stickers, but such signs are very popular.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, Old said:

Just a sign with the spelling out of JW.ORG would not be a violation of anything. Stickers are avilable that say "I ❤️ JW.ORG". Such would not stand out in a crowd at all. Custom stickers are readily available on the internet.

I have seen "I ❤️ YHWH".  I am not into bumper or window stickers, but such signs are very popular.

Even if someone is selling stuff with JW.ORG (stickers, buttons, jewelry, etc.) it's not allowed and we may want to not encourage those that sell such things with jw.org on it by buying them.  I am sharing a portion of the  information I received directly from the legal department in NY a few years ago.

In response to your questions, the Governing Body has directed that the JW trademark and the JW.ORG trademark should not be commercialized or exchanged for any money, even if no profit is involved.

The organization does allow the “JW.ORG” trademark to be placed on Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall signs and on public-witnessing carts, kiosks, and tables. You will note that these exceptions to the prohibition against using this trademark do not involve any commercial activity.

We appreciate your desire to use your talents to promote the awareness of the organization’s Website. But we wish to keep away from any kind of commercialization, such as in selling items containing these trademarks.

For information about trademarks and trademark infringement, this link may be helpful: https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-getting-started/trademark-basics.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your willingness to be cooperative.

Edited by lovjahupepl

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, JudyO said:

You know, I've often wondered about the pros and cons. I have plans to travel to Washington state next month to visit my son, and a local sister advised me to have a copy of the Watchtower on my dash. I know it can be a conversation starter as well as a target. This sister is elderly and traveled extensively when she was younger, but it's a much different world here in the last days of the last days......

Judy,

I agree with the brother statement above - I recall a time when my older sister use to do this while travelling as well

- but the days are increasingly wicked - and many display their anger issues - so we have to be careful - weigh as you stated the pros and cons 

• 4 weeks later...