JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pestilence and plagues on the increase

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1010 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is not about coronavirus, but other pestilence happening now at the same time. One Id like to point out is an unprecedented mouse plague happening in the eastern states of Australia.  I’m talking about horrendous levels, without any hope yet of halting it, even though it’s winter and there's supposed to be slowing down.

Kevin Oh from Macquarie University is a research scientist who has also been studying the plague.

"By all historical records and data that I've looked at it, it seems like this is a really, really unprecedented event in the recent decades," Mr Oh said.

Earlier this year, Darrell Jordison, a farmer in Central West region of NSW, almost died from a rare mouse-borne disease.

Doctors diagnosed Mr Jordison with lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM), an extremely rare rodent-borne viral infectious disease that presents as a form of meningitis.

"I was the first person ever to contract it in Australia," he said.

One lady said:

Ms Flynn said she struggles to sleep at night, as thousands of mice crawl through her roof and walls. 

"It's so noisy — we would have had thousands in the roof. That was really heartbreaking," she said. 

"I've gotten used to sleeping with a pillow over my head to stop the noise and to stop them running over my face."

We're worried about what will happen in the spring because there's such high numbers at the moment.

So if this is happening here, more pestilence is on the way. Is this happening anywhere else?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-04/mouse-plague-causing-distress-for-regional-families-nsw/100350518

Edited by hatcheckgirl

Added link

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

One Id like to point out is an unprecedented mouse plague happening in the eastern states of Australia.  I’m talking about horrendous levels, without any hope yet of halting it, even though it’s winter and there's supposed to be slowing down.

We should call Tom? :whistling:

feature_tom-and-jerry-feat.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I saw a video about this a couple months ago. That’s like my worst nightmare. If I remember correctly, they said this all comes from after flooding in the area previously correct? If so, that matches a forensic file show I watched recently about a rate lung disease that killed some in Arizona. It was also due to an increase in mice after a flood. Of course the native Americans knew about the connection before the doctors....

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

If I died, just dumped my body in the chocolate river at the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. Make sure my body is facing downward so I can take in more chocolate. Hopefully one of the Oompa Loompa don't hop on my back and use me as a raft.

The life I go through after I die.

Edited by Dustparticle

Here in Tennessee after the flood in 2010 because we live near a creek there were a lot of snakes roaming or should I say slithering around, mainly non poisonous though and non got into my house, however years later when I had fiber optic wifi installed the technician showed me several snake skins that were wrapped around the duct work under the house! I didn't get flooded but close.

Why is there a mouse plague?

The mouse plague has been caused by a "perfect storm" of optimal weather conditions for breeding and the end of the 2017 to 2019 drought.

The mice first appeared in the spring of 2020 when farmers were harvesting a bumper crop.

There was plenty of grain in the paddocks and in storage for the mice to eat, as well as fewer predators, which died during the drought.

That year regional New South Wales had a particularly mild, moist summer that allowed the mice to keep breeding throughout summer and into autumn.

Winter crops and well-established burrows keep the population well-fed and protected from the colder weather as farmers struggle to eradicate their ever-growing numbers.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100195082

Farmers can’t win. 😳

11 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

If I died, just dumped my body in the chocolate river at the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. Make sure my body is facing downward so I can take in more chocolate. Hopefully one of the Oompa Loompa don't hop on my back and use me as a raft.

The life I go through after I die.

Me imagining an Oompa Loompa using you as a paddle board 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”