JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Longest Drama

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 987 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The Daniel drama is the longest for a for many years, but there has been longer.

In 1972, a drama called "How Merciful Are You", and in 1974 "The Tested Quality of Our Faith-A Cause for Praise and Honour", were both nearly 2 hours long.  However I suspect the longest was one from 1960's, the very early dramas.

When we produced the live-person "stage" dramas, the material was divided into several parts.  Often there was a short talk by the brother in charge of the drama.  He would set the tone or give the scriptural reason for the drama to follow.  Then there would be a short music presentation while they lowered the lights and placed the props on the stage.  Then there might be a modern day scene where a family was discussing a situation and the father was reminded of a Bible example to share with the family.  Then the music started again, the stage crew changed the props and the Bible era part of the drama would begin.  They would usually runt the Bible costumed portion straight through.  Then the music would come back and the props were changed back to the modern day and the family would discuss the meaning and application of the scenes.  Finally the original brother would return to close the part with a summary and an encouragement.

The costumed part was about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.  When you add in all of the other sections, it was often 2 hours in length.  I stioll have the audio of the part my wife and I had in the 2 hour drama on Mordecai and Esther in 1970.

6 hours ago, jwhess said:

The costumed part was about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.  When you add in all of the other sections, it was often 2 hours in length.  I stioll have the audio of the part my wife and I had in the 2 hour drama on Mordecai and Esther in 1970.

I filmed that Esther drama in 2013 at the GODS WORD IS TRUTH Regional Convention.

Could that be our next visual drama at next year Regional Convention?

18 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

I filmed that Esther drama in 2013 at the GODS WORD IS TRUTH Regional Convention.

Could that be our next visual drama at next year Regional Convention?

I was very happy to see the shortened version (it was about half as long).  My wife and I remembered our parts as we watched.  I turned to her and said, "It's great and they saved almost all of our lines in the script.  The words are almost exactly the same."  She looked at me and said, "The words are written in the Bible, of course they didn't change them."....🙂