JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Explosion at Kabul Airport

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 985 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Afghanistan was warned about possible terrorist attack by IS and just hours later it happened.

2 explosions at Kabul airport and currently at least 13 people killed including women and children. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/aug/26/afghanistan-live-news-updates-evacuation-refugees-taliban-kabul-airport-latest&ved=2ahUKEwie2_eB-M7yAhVYKysKHWktCvsQ0PADKAB6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw1aemFJoEna8C53cpEiI_og&ampcf=1

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, Pink Butterflies said:

Meanwhile I'm just waiting to see how this relates to Bible prophecy

A top member of the CIA flew to Kabul on Monday and had a closed meeting with the head of the Taliban.  Although probably discussing extension of 31st August, there is speculation that they also discussed other things  - like dealing with IS. 🙄

Who knows where anything will lead.  We just have to  be prepared and wait for directions from our leader via his slave. 🙂

9 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

What do we expect, since terrorists will rule the country?

The Taliban is not a terrorist group. Thay are hardline Islamists. There is a difference - though it is hard to tell sometimes.

12 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

A top member of the CIA flew to Kabul on Monday and had a closed meeting with the head of the Taliban.  Although probably discussing extension of 31st August, there is speculation that they also discussed other things  - like dealing with IS. 🙄

Who knows where anything will lead.  We just have to  be prepared and wait for directions from our leader via his slave. 🙂

The Taliban is not a terrorist group. Thay are hardline Islamists. There is a difference - though it is hard to tell sometimes.

Define terrorist? No matter who fit the definition is a terrorist. The KOFTN, KOFTS and many groups has fit that definition for many years.

Edited by Dustparticle

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Define terrorist? No matter who fit the definition is a terrorist. The KOFTN, KOFTS and many groups has fit that definition for many years.

I agree they are all terrorists in a very broad sense. Anyone who instills terror, can be called a terrorist. We could bring it down to a parent who abuses their child. They are a terrorist under a certain definition. 

However, in the sense under discussion here, the Taliban do not fit the criteria of terrorists. The Taliban in this scenario are no different to any other revolutionary group that overthrows the ruler of a nation. It happens regularly and often and has done for millenia. We saw an instance of it in our drama this year.

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

4 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I agree they are all terrorists in a very broad sense. Anyone who instills terror, can be called a terrorist. We could bring it down to a parent who abuses their child. They are a terrorist under a certain definition. 

However, in the sense under discussion here, the Taliban do not fit the criteria of terrorists. The Taliban in this scenario are no different to any other revolutionary group that overthrows the ruler of a nation. It happens regularly and often and has done for millenia. We saw an instance of it in our drama this year.

I do very much agree, though, they are a particularly nasty revolutionary group. Much more so than many others and very frightening.  But I think their exposure is more than many others because of 2001 and also because of their religion.  Many other revolutions are based on power only.  The Taliban wants power and total religious control. 

8 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Good points Terri. We must be careful of who criteria we dealing with because the world is a mess and Satan rules it 1 John 5:19.

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Good points Terri. We must be careful of who criteria we dealing with because the world is a mess and Satan rules it 1 John 5:19.

At the end of the day, they are all in the same basket aren't they, because as you say, they all belong to satan. They will all be destroyed soon and then there will be no more terror anywhere for anyone. Just peace and tranquility. And won't that be a relief. It will probably take us the first decade of the new world to adjust. 

I hope you don't think I was defending them. It was just conversation. 🙂

2 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

At the end of the day, they are all in the same basket aren't they, because as you say, they all belong to satan. They will all be destroyed soon and then there will be no more terror anywhere for anyone. Just peace and tranquility. And won't that be a relief. It will probably take us the first decade of the new world to adjust. 

I hope you don't think I was defending them. It was just conversation. 🙂

No, I did not think you were defending them. Everybody is different how they express themselves sis. Nice conversation too.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, GeordieGirl said:

I think the Afghanistan citizens especially the women would disagree. Either way they i.e muslims, Taliban, ISIS, Isalam all claim to worship Allah but theres no unity and dont recognize other Muslims