JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hurricane Ida Continues to Strengthen in the Gulf; Tropical Depression Ten Forms

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 965 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm am so happy to be well and so thankful to Jehovah and the loving support of our worldwide brotherhood. I am truly grateful. Comforting Scriptures sent to me along with texts: 1Cor.4:8, Proverbs 3:5, Jerm.17:7, of course Isaiah 30:15

Isa. 33:6, Nahum 1:7, Ps. 107:29, 30 and so many more.

Thank you friends here for listening and caring.

Thank you

And the pain from Ida continues. This system isn't going down without a fight.

https://apnews.com/article/northeast-us-new-york-new-jersey-weather-60327279197e14b9d17632ea0818f51c

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I would like to share some good news. I talked to a FEMA rep today and he helped me with the whole process. He was very efficient and kind. He said I will receive property damage, and rental assistance, it should hit the bank in next two days. Next I have to submit a couple of documents and pictures and someone will contact me to assess the damage and they may just do it via Zoom, thankfully I have plenty pictures. I may also be eligible for additional rental assistance, ( Praise Jah) Also I thanked him and was able to tell him about Jehovah and JW.ORG

Now I am waiting on my car insurance adjuster.

How the Storm Turned Basement Apartments Into Death Traps

At least 11 people were found dead in basements after torrential rains flooded New York City — nearly as many as those killed by Hurricane Ida in Louisiana, where the storm made landfall.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/02/nyregion/basement-apartment-floods-deaths.amp.html

Ida created NYC’s first flash flood emergency ever!

https://abc7ny.com/amp/flash-flood-emergency-new-jersey-flooding-york-city-hurricane-ida/10993344/

This storm ️ was a beast! Some brothers had horrible commutes because of subway flooding and some that drove on the freeways (highways in the Northeast) had to deal with obstacle course because of abandoned cars.

I live in NJ  - in NY/NY/PA

Unfortunately there are more causalities than reported - 

It is the scene all over the world today - although some still

have this entitlement feeling!!! And I have heard things even on

the news even from commentators...smh!  - however...we know no matter where we live today 

we are not immune!

Edited by Chachanee