JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, September 6 As for me, drawing near to God is good for me. I have made the Sovereign Lord Jehovah my refuge.​—Ps. 73:28.

Anniebea

Monday, September 6

As for me, drawing near to God is good for me. I have made the Sovereign Lord Jehovah my refuge.—Ps. 73:28.

Although deeply distressed, Hannah, David, and a psalmist all relied on Jehovah for help. They shared their anxiety with him through fervent prayer. They spoke freely to him about the reasons why they were so stressed. And they continued to go to Jehovah’s place of worship. (1 Sam. 1:9, 10; Ps. 55:22; 73:17; 122:1) Jehovah compassionately responded to each one of them. Hannah gained peace of mind. (1 Sam. 1:18) David wrote: “Many are the hardships of the righteous one, but Jehovah rescues him from them all.” (Ps. 34:19) And the psalmist later felt that Jehovah had “taken hold of [his] right hand,” guiding him with loving advice. (Ps. 73:23, 24) What do we learn from these examples? At times, we will be burdened with problems that cause us stress. But we can cope if we meditate on how Jehovah has helped others, rely on him in prayer, and obey him by doing what he asks us to do.—Ps. 143:1, 4-8. w19.06 17 ¶14-15

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Living in this world will stress us out from time to time. We will always need someone to turn to for help. When people fail us, or we feel we have no one or no where to turn to for help, how comforting it is to turn to Jehovah's unfailing love for comfort and help we need. He will never fail us, abandon us nor leave us.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Definition of refuge

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: shelter or protection from danger or distress
2: a place that provides shelter or protection
3something to which one has recourse in difficulty

Definition of recourse

1aa turning to someone or something for help or protection

ba source of help or strength :

^ Merriam Webster's Dictionary

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I honestly feel that every single one of us are going through stress of some kind at the moment, to a greater or lesser degree… even if it just manifests itself as not sleeping.

The last days of this dying  system are not going to be a walk in the park, and relying on Jehovah and taking refuge in him is the only way we will get through this time. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I'm watching this right now. Thanks to Br. Jeremy. 

Extract from transcript of TEDtalk 'Sleep is your superpower'

Spoiler

And there's a structure that sits on the left and the right side of your brain, called the hippocampus. And you can think of the hippocampus almost like the informational inbox of your brain. It's very good at receiving new memory files and then holding on to them. And when you look at this structure in those people who'd had a full night of sleep, we saw lots of healthy learning-related activity.

Edited by happiness IS