JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Facepalm quotes from Babylon The Great

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 872 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A court in the Tuscan city of Prato on Monday accepted a plea bargain in which a parish priest, Don Francesco Spagnesi, got a jail term of three years, eight months for stealing from the church collection plate and using the money to buy narcotics for drugs-and-sex parties.
The deal sees the accusations against 40-year-old priest for drug dealing and trafficking and misappropriation upheld.
But an accusation of attempted grievous harm for failing to tell his sexual partners that he was HIV positive has been dropped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10293067/Italian-priest-stole-church-funds-buy-drugs-gay-sex-parties-jailed-three-years.html

He told the Italian daily newspaper Corriere della Sera: 'I wanted to be the shepherd of my faithful, guide them towards the ways of the Lord, and I ended up in vice and perdition.'

Rom 1:26-32

I don't care much what the Pope or other religious leaders say. But this is something I find very ironic:

In the mountains close to Madrid there is a huge cross built by politic prisoners during Franco's dictatorship. The place is called Valle de los Caídos ("Valley of the Fallen") and is a homage to people who died fighting on Franco's side during the Spanish civil war. At the feet of the cross there is a cave with a Catholic church inside. Until a couple years ago it was Franco's burial place.

El_Valle_de_los_Caídos-1.jpg

Well, inside that church there are several big tapestries representing scenes from Revelation. And one of them shows Babylon the Great, the prostitute, riding the wild beast. Kind of ironical that they show their own destruction there. :)

This is the only picture I have found of the tapestry, its quality is  not very good:

tap_07.jpg

The lower left corner there is the prostitute seated over many waters with all the kind of the earth drunk at her feet. In the middle she's offering them the wine of her immorality. At the right, she's riding the beast. In the very center of the image there is a big stone being thrown to the water as a symbol of her quick destruction.

12 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

There are worse indiscretions than sex outside of marriage, the leader of the Catholic Church told reporters on the papal plane while en route from Greece to Italy on Monday, Reuters reported

“Sins of the flesh are not the most serious,” the 84-year-old religious leader said regarding sex outside of marriage. Top transgressions instead include pride and hatred, according to Reuters.

Francis’ rankings of the worst wrongdoings followed the resignation of a Paris archbishop, who quit over a relationship with a woman earlier this month.

1 Cor. 6:9,10 Do not be misled.  (by Pope Francis)Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality,  10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

It doesn’t get anymore “serious" than that!

The Pope can try to minimize immoral behavior by ranking them. However, Paul says sexual immorally is deadly serious. How can that be minimized?  The pope realizes that a great portion of Catholics regularly engage in sexual immorality, and especially the leaders are notorious for immoral sexual behavior of all kinds. Pediphillia, homosexuals, adulterers....and God only knows what else.

Yet, instead of trying to encourage clean moral behavior, he is encouraging sexual immorality,  by minimizing how serious it is. He didn’t need to minimize sexual immorality just to point out that pride and hatred are serious sins.

Do we need anymore proof which side the Pope is on?

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, carlos said:

I don't care much what the Pope or other religious leaders say. But this is something I find very ironic:

In the mountains close to Madrid there is a huge cross built by politic prisoners during Franco's dictatorship. The place is called Valle de los Caídos ("Valley of the Fallen") and is a homage to people who died fighting on Franco's side during the Spanish civil war. At the feet of the cross there is a cave with a Catholic church inside. Until a couple years ago it was Franco's burial place.

Well, inside that church there are several big tapestries representing scenes from Revelation. And one of them shows Babylon the Great, the prostitute, riding the wild beast. Kind of ironical that they show their own destruction there. :)

This is the only picture I have found of the tapestry, its quality is  not very good:

tap_07.jpg

The lower left corner there is the prostitute seated over many waters with all the kind of the earth drunk at her feet. In the middle she's offering them the wine of her immorality. At the right, she's riding the beast. In the very center of the image there is a big stone being thrown to the water as a symbol of her quick destruction.

Prophets do exist!  :lol1:

On 12/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, carlos said:

tap_07.jpg

Wow, I really liked this tapestry.  It shows their version of Revelation on the Prostitute on the back of the Beast! COOL

On 12/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, coolbrz731 said:

Thanks for this..so interesting! 

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif