JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Useful, practical videos

There is already topic about videos, but this one is more streamlined/specific, and limited to practical videos.

Tips, ideas how to make, improve or construct things.

I watched this one, and if I had space I would try to build it myself. (no space though :nope:)

How to Build Smart Smoke-Free Wood Stove

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

25 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

little chainsaw

I almost bought one for my trees but I bought this instead.

1064384607_Screenshot_20220126-125220_Lowes.thumb.jpg.8b10b1640e458f7c9191ae5243380709.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I almost bought one for my trees but I bought this instead.

1064384607_Screenshot_20220126-125220_Lowes.thumb.jpg.8b10b1640e458f7c9191ae5243380709.jpg

Nice one too, I need something bit bigger as we have many tree around Kingdom Hall, so proper mini chainsaw will come handy for those odd jobs. I am getting also mini blower (workshop version) 

Question: How thick branches does it cut? How easy is to change a blade? 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

12 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

I am getting also mini blower (workshop version) 

I love my blower, I use it a lot!

Screenshot_20220126-131153_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

15 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Question: How thick branches does it cut? How easy is to change a blade

I bought some 9 inch blades and I used it to remove a tree stump. The blades were able to cut the large roots very easily. Changing blades is very quick and simple. 

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

I bought some 9 inch blades and I used it to remove a tree stump. The blades were able to cut the large roots very easily. Changing blades is very quick and simple. 

I am so happy to start this topic, I will go to the store and check the tools in person.

Very open to change my mind from a chainsaw...hmmm

I really appreciate your comments. :thumbsup:

You can check our DeWalt range here https://sydneytools.com.au/category/by-brand/dewalt

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

...and it does not require whearing chaps (PPE) and does not kick back like a chainsaw.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 minutes ago, Old said:

...and it does not require whearing chaps (PPE) and does not kick back like a chainsaw.

...and it's useful for other projects. 

Oh, and I can use it with one hand...

Edited by Tortuga

If you are into woodworking I have found this guy to have a very good and entertaining channel. He has some clever designs and makes things anyone could make if they just take the same care he does. He has a nice sense of humor and does not fill his videos with undesirable language.

Enjoy

Make sure you check out his other videos

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I got this combo for small clean up jobs...shed..etc https://sydneytools.com.au/product/milwaukee-m18bbl502b-18v-50ah-liion-cordless-3speed-compact-blower-combo-kit It has 2 part attachment, and it can be used only with shorter rubber tube ...so I guess I am investing in Milwaukee eco-system

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 11:23 PM, New World Explorer said:

There is already topic about videos, but this one is more streamlined/specific, and limited to practical videos.

Tips, ideas how to make, improve or construct things.

I watched this one, and if I had space I would try to build it myself. (no space though :nope:)

How to Build Smart Smoke-Free Wood Stove

We built and used a rocket stove heater in our basement for about a year. They are handy for fast heating. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 3 months later...
On 1/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, New World Explorer said:

Nice one too, I need something bit bigger as we have many tree around Kingdom Hall, so proper mini chainsaw will come handy for those odd jobs. I am getting also mini blower (workshop version) 

Question: How thick branches does it cut? How easy is to change a blade? 

Depending on the level of trees you need to prune, and what other plants you need to prune, having the right tool for the right job always makes the job easier.

I have plenty purchased of tools and equipment over the years and looked after them, and I do have a collection and they all get used (especially when you do live on acreage).

Telescopic pole chainsaw (Stihl HT 101)

Chainsaws (Stihl MS170 with 10" bar to match the HT 101 and Huqvarna 264 XP)

Pruning saws which can be mounted on extension poles (ARS EXP55 with UV32 blade and also with attachment to fit a Bahco P34-37 bypass lopper, Silky Saw Hayate 7.7m)

Smaller long reach loppers and pruners (ARS 160ZF)

Bypass secateurs (ARS VS8XS and VS9XS)

Loppers Bahco P1440 & P1980

Hand shears Bahco P51

Makita cordless recipricating saw (the original LXT with brushes)

Stihl (KM-94 RC-E) combo machine with two sets of hedge attachments, which one has a customised with leaf catcher

2 x Husqvarna (125BVX) blowers

Husqvarna (22HD60) hedger trimmer