JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hybrid meetings - A/V

2 hours ago, Tyree said:

I do wonder how we will handle speaker photos that are not on the JW Library App.

I don't have experience with the setup used for the hybrid meetings yet. But if you need to make use of a JW app. You can use the JW Library Sign Language app. It allows you to import outside images by adding them to a playlist in the app itself.

I don't have experience with the setup used for the hybrid meetings yet. But if you need to make use of a JW app. You can use the JW Library Sign Language app. It allows you to import outside images by adding them to a playlist in the app itself.

Oh nice! I’ll check that out and see how it goes.

22 minutes ago, Tkyoung said:

We ran a test to see how everything works, no problems at all jwlib app worked great, and yes we used VLC, very good test, looks like we may be ready, we are going to run at least 3 live tests to make positive we are ready. 

Could you outline how your setup looks like pls? Did you have to buy additional equipments? What kind of camera ate you using? Will a webcam work? What's the sound setup like? Will appreciate your response.

Thanks

Could you outline how your setup looks like pls? Did you have to buy additional equipments? What kind of camera ate you using? Will a webcam work? What's the sound setup like? Will appreciate your response.

Thanks
We have always had a camera setup, yes we use a web camera 1080p it is mounted on our monitor we have for the brothers giving parts can see what is shown on our tv's let me get back to you on how everything is setup.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks

We also bought a camera. It’s mounted to the ceiling and has full stage view. I’m personally not sure of the backend setup as I was not a part of it. Zoom/computer audio is tied the our sound system so we hear videos and zoom chatter (not that we will in an actual meeting).

Are you the brother responsible for setting it up? Because the organization did provide documentation for wiring and things you may need to possibly buy (S-261)

2 hours ago, Tyree said:

We also bought a camera. It’s mounted to the ceiling and has full stage view. I’m personally not sure of the backend setup as I was not a part of it. Zoom/computer audio is tied the our sound system so we hear videos and zoom chatter (not that we will in an actual meeting).

Are you the brother responsible for setting it up? Because the organization did provide documentation for wiring and things you may need to possibly buy (S-261)

I am privileged to be part of the audio video dept and we were also avail with the S-261 besides the audio mixer and laptop setup not much was understood by us with regards to the video setup. So that was why I asked.

Are the forms under the heading 'Kingdom Hall Conferencing System' available to you? Document USLDC-3122 suggests the 'ELP 2.8-12mm mini web camera with USB interface' along with a ceiling mount and USB extension cable. This specific suggested webcam has an optical zoom lens to allow for the suggested framing of the stage. Other webcams will work and could be framed just by physically mounting them at a distance where the field of view picks up the whole stage.

Based on your location I realize that Branch instructions and obtaining equipment might be a different context for you. The laptop setup specifically will be different from the instructions in S-261, depending on the audio connections available on the laptop you may need to look into an audio splitter cable to get an input from the audio mixer back into the the laptop or consider a USB audio interface.

image.thumb.png.0568a0b5efa40e65e8329e34d6824dc5.png

This is what the letter said. So what we did was looking for the specs mentioned. We decided to buy the PTZ Optics 20X NDI™ Camera. NDI is sort of a new standard. The NDI requires only one cable. Everything is managed through that cable. For the rest: still praying for wisdome and guidance!

1 hour ago, molnarj said:

image.thumb.png.0568a0b5efa40e65e8329e34d6824dc5.png

This is what the letter said. So what we did was looking for the specs mentioned. We decided to buy the PTZ Optics 20X NDI™ Camera. NDI is sort of a new standard. The NDI requires only one cable. Everything is managed through that cable. For the rest: still praying for wisdome and guidance!

Can you give me a reference to that letter as I don't recall seeing this

5 hours ago, -Chris- said:

Are the forms under the heading 'Kingdom Hall Conferencing System' available to you? Document USLDC-3122

I searched on the forms on jw private part and couldn't find it. Where did you get that info?

10 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Can you give me a reference to that letter as I don't recall seeing this

It was in the letter dated March 14. But maybe it was only for the Netherlands. (Which I doubt) 

It also said: “Dry-run” Meeting: We would like to ask you to test all systems and equipment in the Kingdom Hall before Monday, March 21, 2022. 

34 minutes ago, molnarj said:

It was in the letter dated March 14. But maybe it was only for the Netherlands. (Which I doubt) 

It also said: “Dry-run” Meeting: We would like to ask you to test all systems and equipment in the Kingdom Hall before Monday, March 21, 2022. 

Ok, we received one on March 12 about returning to the KH but a figure it each Branch sent a specific letter. We don't have any specifications about the webcam. But the branch said they have wecams to send to the KH's that need them

I had wished they made it that simple for us. Instead they say: At this time there are no supplier arrangements on jw.org for this kind of equipment. You may select and purchase equipment that is locally available and suits your requirements. Please work closely with other bodies of elders of congregations that use the Kingdom Hall. The list above is just a suggestion and can be used as a starting point. We are convinced you will find a good solution. Most important is that it can be implemented quickly, so please consider availability and delivery times when ordering. We understand that the approach as described above may be challenging, perhaps because you are supposed to source the equipment, but we assume that you have brothers and sisters in the congregation with technical know-how to work out a nice and dignified solution.

Nice and dignified. 🙄

Edited by molnarj

Seems to me the first place to look for a "qualified camera" would be the congregation. I know I have multiple cameras on my PC and I know there are others who also have multiple cameras ... there may be someone in the local congregation that would be willing to offer one for congregation use.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

We have received a letter today which gives us the parts we need. Logitech C920 

20meter USB repeater and a projector bracket is mainly what you need. Should be about £120

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

The problem I've found is when sharing the screen for the people on zoom...it takes over the main display in the hall and therefore the people in the hall cannot see what's being shared i.e. first song, video, image etc.

Anyone else had that issue and a solution?

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.