JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

37 minutes ago, comtemplate said:

Just in …seems like the UN just got teeth 🦷… article 99 was invoked … things happen fast

"What is Article 99 of the UN Charter? It is essentially the greatest tool the UN Sec Gen can use. It’s essentially pushing the panic button at the UN and taking over control of the UN Security Council Agenda

Having worked at the UN and been in many UNSC meetings - this is an unprecedented move. It is a small ounce of hope but some hope nonetheless."

Twitter

Edited by SteveAus

2 minutes ago, JennyM said:

@Sofia thanks for the update  about the secularism of Anglican church in UK. 

You are wellcome ☺️💖🙏

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 minutes ago, JennyM said:

@Sofia thanks for the update  about the secularism of Anglican church in UK.

While we are keeping on the watch in the cry of peace and security this thing is in parallel. 

A lot of hatred toward religions from the European nations nowadays. Like burning of Koran in Sweden plus in Netherland, France, UK and so on. I expect a big action from this continent of course led by US/UK. I don't expect much from my region even to the Islamic Nations which they are so attached to BTG.

By the way, US, Australia andEuropean is expanding its military bases in Asia to void the power of KOTN alliance. 

1 hour ago, SteveAus said:

"What is Article 99 of the UN Charter? It is essentially the greatest tool the UN Sec Gen can use. It’s essentially pushing the panic button at the UN and taking over control of the UN Security Council Agenda

Having worked at the UN and been in many UNSC meetings - this is an unprecedented move. It is a small ounce of hope but some hope nonetheless."

Twitter

It sounds great. Ten horns and wild beast will act decisively soon.

I let Chat gpt summarize the contents of an article here. 
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/12/7/un-secretary-general-invokes-article-99-on-gaza

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres invoked Article 99 of the UN Charter, urging the Security Council to act on the war in Gaza, citing a potential catastrophe. He emphasized the worsening situation, called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire, and described human suffering. The United Arab Emirates submitted a draft resolution for a humanitarian ceasefire.

If the Security Council adopts a ceasefire resolution, it can impose sanctions or deploy international forces. However, the veto power of the five permanent members, including the US, may influence outcomes. Guterres's use of Article 99, the first since 2017, faced criticism from Israel's UN ambassador, Gilad Erdan, who accused Guterres of bias.

Guterres warned of a looming catastrophe in Gaza due to the Security Council's inaction and deterioration in public order. Erdan argued Guterres's call for a ceasefire supported Hamas, renewing his call for Guterres to resign. Despite the symbolic resonance of invoking Article 99, analysts doubt its fundamental impact on the powerful members' political calculations in the Security Council.

+

Me: So it’s basically saying that even if Guterres does this article 99, it won’t have a big difference now, right?

Gpt : Yes, that's correct. The summary indicates that while Guterres's use of Article 99 has symbolic significance, it is unlikely to bring about significant changes in the current political calculations of the powerful members in the Security Council. The veto power of key nations and the historical context surrounding the use of Article 99 contribute to this assessment.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

While we are keeping on the watch in the cry of peace and security this thing is in parallel. 

A lot of hatred toward religions from the European nations nowadays. Like burning of Koran in Sweden plus in Netherland, France, UK and so on. I expect a big action from this continent of course led by US/UK. I don't expect much from my region even to the Islamic Nations which they are so attached to BTG.

By the way, US, Australia andEuropean is expanding its military bases in Asia to void the power of KOTN alliance. 

Thanks. Gives me more faith that soon  another prophecy will be fulfilled. Its encouraging for me. 

This another way to keep on the watch. 

Soon we will all live the real life. 

4 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

I let Chat gpt summarize the contents of an article here. 
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/12/7/un-secretary-general-invokes-article-99-on-gaza

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres invoked Article 99 of the UN Charter, urging the Security Council to act on the war in Gaza, citing a potential catastrophe. He emphasized the worsening situation, called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire, and described human suffering. The United Arab Emirates submitted a draft resolution for a humanitarian ceasefire.

If the Security Council adopts a ceasefire resolution, it can impose sanctions or deploy international forces. However, the veto power of the five permanent members, including the US, may influence outcomes. Guterres's use of Article 99, the first since 2017, faced criticism from Israel's UN ambassador, Gilad Erdan, who accused Guterres of bias.

Guterres warned of a looming catastrophe in Gaza due to the Security Council's inaction and deterioration in public order. Erdan argued Guterres's call for a ceasefire supported Hamas, renewing his call for Guterres to resign. Despite the symbolic resonance of invoking Article 99, analysts doubt its fundamental impact on the powerful members' political calculations in the Security Council.

+

Me: So it’s basically saying that even if Guterres does this article 99, it won’t have a big difference now, right?

Gpt : Yes, that's correct. The summary indicates that while Guterres's use of Article 99 has symbolic significance, it is unlikely to bring about significant changes in the current political calculations of the powerful members in the Security Council. The veto power of key nations and the historical context surrounding the use of Article 99 contribute to this assessment.

So, the restructuring of Security Council member is the key of collective action. Let see if it will happen next year. 

I am still curious who will grant power and authority to the wild beast. 

3 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Thanks. Gives me more faith that soon  another prophecy will be fulfilled. Its encouraging for me. 

This another way to keep on the watch. 

Soon we will all live the real life. 

You are welcome Jenny. I know a lot of Jehovah's people suffer from any form of depressions and I saw them in my Congregation I serve. I am so affected with their suffering since BOE gives a lot of supports to alleviate their worries. One thing that help BOE to regain strength is keeping on the watch and Jehovah's supports given to them. 

I am so happy to hear if somebody built up in faith from encouraging words. 

An interesting video of Vladimir Putin addressing the "World Russian People's Council" on Nov 28th

I found it interesting for the fact he mentioned religion throughout the speech. A couple of soundbites from the meeting:

'Putin talks about "shepherds of traditional religion" and "any attempt to sow interreligious discord"'

"unique relationship between the church and the state"

'(Russia) "is now in the vanguard  of the formation of a more just world order... it is now clear to the world that without (Russia) lasting stable world order is (not) possible"'

The commentator is Russian and no fan of Putin, but ignoring his bias one way or the other, the actual speech (with sub-titles) is worth a watch.

I sped the vid up x2 as the commentator speaks quite slowly & deliberately.

Speech

Edited by SteveAus

33 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

An interesting video of Vladimir Putin addressing the "World Russian People's Council" on Nov 28th

I found it interesting for the fact he mentioned religion throughout the speech. A couple of soundbites from the meeting:

'Putin talks about "shepherds of traditional religion" and "any attempt to sow interreligious discord"'

"unique relationship between the church and the state"

'(Russia) "is now in the vanguard  of the formation of a more just world order... it is now clear to the world that without (Russia) lasting stable world order is (not) possible"'

The commentator is Russian and no fan of Putin, but ignoring his bias one way or the other, the actual speech (with sub-titles) is worth a watch.

I sped the vid up x2 as the commentator speaks quite slowly & deliberately.

Speech

Putin is deemed a protector of Russian Orthodox Faith... Unfortunately, he is a supporter of persecution to Jehovah’s people. 

thanks for all your post. Interesting to know that gradually soon another major prophecy is being fulfilled, peace and security. 

Our lives today arent living . We arent living the real life.     Most people live from paycheck to paycheck. Its tiring and boring. 

Hopefully , we have hope. So  "rejoice in the hope."

4 hours ago, SteveAus said:

I found it interesting for the fact he mentioned religion throughout the speech.

I usually do not use a middle man and read this from the source, being it the White House, the Kremlin, or others.

The official full transcript can be found here:

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/72863

Yes, the Church is separate from the state and the Patriarch [Kirill] has told me more than once that despite this fact we have developed unique relations between the Church and the state. I would like to note in this context that the Church cannot be separated from society or from people. I fully agree with this. And this is why I would like to emphasise again the importance of the participation of representatives of all traditional Russian religions in the education and upbringing of our youth, and of course, in the consolidation of spiritual, moral, and family values. The involvement of the clergy from all traditional religions is an enduring value.

I am aware of your tireless work, Your Holiness, to bring about the spiritual revival of Russia and of the importance and influence of your position. I want to emphasise this.

I cannot read this without Daniel 11:37 coming to my mind: "He will show no regard for the God of his fathers", the atheism.

Maybe Putin thinks that he is a true defender of God, family and virtue, a true servant of God.

And maybe that is the reason why he will be so upset when reality catch up with him.

“But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him" (Daniel 11:44)

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

19 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/us-files-war-crime-charges-151736997.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

US files war crime charges against Russians accused of torturing an American in the Ukraine invasion

The Justice Department on Wednesday said it has filed war crime charges against four members of the Russian military accused of abducting and torturing an American during the invasion of Ukraine in a case that's the first of its kind.

The case marks the first time the U.S. has filed war crime charges in the victimization of an American, he said.

Compare that with the "American Service-Members' Protection Act" aka "Hague Invasion Act"

30 minutes ago, Paulo said:

I usually do not use a middle man and read this from the source, being it the White House, the Kremlin, or others.

The official full transcript can be found here:

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/72863

I cannot read this without Daniel 11:37 coming to my mind: "He will show no regard for the God of his fathers", the atheism.

Maybe Putin thinks that he is a true defender of God, family and virtue, a true servant of God.

And maybe that is the reason why he will be so upset when reality catch up with him.

“But reports out of the east and out of the north will disturb him" (Daniel 11:44)

Hm but on the contrary Daniel 11:37 was explained in another context, to relate to closure of churches and shunning religion during USSR. "God" also seems more logical to relate to religion than to atheism.

8 minutes ago, Osprey said:

"God" also seems more logical to relate to religion than to atheism.

As a former atheist, I see atheism as a form of religion.

Because of the chronology and geopolitics, I see Daniel 11:19 as the fall of USSR, and subsequent texts applied to modern Russia. In my mind I can see a direct application to all verses. NATO, sanctions and Russian economy survival despite of, persecution of our brothers, Orthodox church revival, China and Iran, Ukraine, Crimea, Donbass and so on.

Of course it is my interpretation only, and until the GB gives an update.

29 minutes ago, Paulo said:

As a former atheist, I see atheism as a form of religion.

Interesting. How did you learn the truth @Paulo?

I read something like “Proving to an atheist that God exist is like proving that the Sun exists in broad daylight”. Which reminds me of Romans 1:20, “For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made … so that they are inexcusable”.

2 hours ago, Osprey said:

Hm but on the contrary Daniel 11:37 was explained in another context, to relate to closure of churches and shunning religion during USSR. "God" also seems more logical to relate to religion than to atheism.

Right

it seems that the actual understanding is that from Daniel 11:40 onwards is being fullfilled ever since 1991 when Soviet Union collapsed and Russian Federation replaced it

interesting though that the Russian Federation gained its independence in June 1990.

The verses before verse 40 are aplyed to the Soviet Union 

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Kirill is apparently behind what Putin is doing, what do you think would happen if something happened to Kirill? 

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Kirill is apparently behind what Putin is doing, what do you think would happen if something happened to Kirill? 

Kirill is merely a piece of the chess card game 

The player is Putin

Not the other way around 

If the player loses the bishop, the chess game will continue untill the check mate 

all is over when the king reaches his end

22 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Right

it seems that the actual understanding is that from Daniel 11:40 onwards is being fullfilled ever since 1991 when Soviet Union collapsed and Russian Federation replaced it

interesting though that the Russian Federation gained its independence in June 1990.

The verses before verse 40 are aplyed to the Soviet Union 

Or maybe Daniel 11:40 will still happen, if most of Daniel 11:39 is happening at this moment, and the last part will happen very soon.

Also last part of 43 is a copy+paste from Ezekiel and Gog.

18 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

KOTN is not a person and the demons are in charge.

Someone will replace him.

As Biden, replaced Trump, who replaced Obama in the KOTS.

11 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Or maybe Daniel 11:40 will still happen, if most of Daniel 11:39 is happening at this moment, and the last part will happen very soon.

Also last part of 43 is a copy+paste from Ezekiel and Gog.

It seems that Daniel prophecy is being fullfilled till verse 43.

The actual world events show that. Land invasions (2008/2014/2022)

even verse 43: the KOTN has controled the riches and source of energy from the KOTS specially ever since 24-2-22.

(note: the date of these screenshots is 2021. Before Ukraine invasion)

IMG_9572.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

Edited by Sofia