JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Lee49 said:

I know at the very least most all vechicles will be EV'S . 😂

Climate Change Energy GIF by INTO ACTION

All vehicles will still have a battery, still very few will be BEV

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

Learning how the book of Daniel and Revelation are happening now is much fulfilling. The book of Daniel chapter 11 is chronological. It surprises us that every verses were fulfilled against time (each former US presidents were part of these last several verses). Also, giving us idea where we are now in the last days. Chapter 12 in the last verses are something might need further clarification but interesting about in the last days.

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

The question is.. it seems too obvious 🤔

1914 was reachable by studying the scriptures.

Yet Jesus said that that day nobody knows except for Jehovah.

(Mat.24:36)

I wonder if it refers to the Armagedom day.

because… imagine we can figure out the date of beginning of GT 🤔

Since we don’t know how long it takes even if a few weeks or months we will always be thinking “ok GT has started. now…When will Armagedom comes?”

but even if we can’t figure out the day like you said, maybe the year can be sorted out?

Satan knows he has a short period of time. Does he know at least the year?

when the sentence was given was he informed ?

🤷‍♀️ this has been discussed a lot in here.

I guess we will have to live on expectation untill Armagedom 😂

Still, we can assess the closeness of GT according to Bible timeline only Armageddon we cannot do. I feel that there are some verses talk about the timing toward GT and they surprised me much how they started.

1 hour ago, Richie said:

Chapter 12 in the last verses are something might need further clarification but interesting about in the last days.

The days 1260 1290 1335 are already fullfilled. Right?

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

7 minutes ago, Sofia said:

The days 1260 1290 1335 are already fullfilled. Right?

There a lot of changes from the past if scrutinize verses of ch11 and ch12 and some verses are left undefined and previous become obsolete due to change. Try to compare previous and present, this makes sense of future clarification. For now it helps me a lot for my personal mediatation especially assessing the future GT

I looked into the tensions between China and Taiwan, and learned a bit more of the background. I didn’t realise the tiny island of Kinmen (pronounced “Jinmen”) is part of Taiwan but less than 10km (6.2 miles) away across Xiamen Bay from the Chinese mainland. Here on the map you can see how ridiculously close to China it is, and how easily things can develop if China wants to move on Taiwan.

IMG_1968.thumb.jpeg.71c522128bf5f5cecc5160b93c3fa168.jpeg

More info on background: https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2023/9/15/a-small-fish-in-a-sea-of-sharks-the-isle-caught-between-china-and-taiwan

And interestingly, Maduro wants a slice of Guyana because of the oil fields there. 
IMG_1969.thumb.jpeg.81966cfbeed89180b31e73e90bef44a8.jpeghttps://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-67635646

Same thinking as other dictators currently occupying another’s land 🤔. Same modus operandi that Hitler did when he moved into the Sudetenland.  Satan knows this works, take a little, then take the rest.

Ah, thank you Jehovah for your wonderful hope!

54 minutes ago, Richie said:

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, it's not the expression of faith that's illegal,  but that a permit is required for public gatherings.   And a permit may or may not be denied.

Is our cart work affected?

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Some other interesting facts from above article:

In May 1978, 90.5 percent of Spaniards described themselves as Catholic. By October 2021, however, that figure had fallen to 55.4 percent, according to the CIS, Spain's public research center

Most Spaniards do not participate regularly in weekly religious worship. A July 2021 study shows that of the Spaniards who identify themselves as religious, 36% never attend mass, 20.8% barely ever attend mass, 19% attend mass a few times a year, 6.8% two or three times per month, 13.4% every Sunday and holidays and 2.9% multiple times per week. 

According to a 2021 survey, those who go to church several times a year are 17.3% of the total population of 47.4 million; those who go several times a month, 9.3%; those who go every Sunday and all holy days of obligation, 14.9%; and those who go several times a week at just 4.3%.  

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Some other interesting facts from above article:

In May 1978, 90.5 percent of Spaniards described themselves as Catholic. By October 2021, however, that figure had fallen to 55.4 percent, according to the CIS, Spain's public research center

Most Spaniards do not participate regularly in weekly religious worship. A July 2021 study shows that of the Spaniards who identify themselves as religious, 36% never attend mass, 20.8% barely ever attend mass, 19% attend mass a few times a year, 6.8% two or three times per month, 13.4% every Sunday and holidays and 2.9% multiple times per week. 

According to a 2021 survey, those who go to church several times a year are 17.3% of the total population of 47.4 million; those who go several times a month, 9.3%; those who go every Sunday and all holy days of obligation, 14.9%; and those who go several times a week at just 4.3%.  

River Euphrates is dryed up.... to prepare the way of the kings

I've been thinking. For those of us that remember the 90's can we revisit what we were all talking about. 

So it's 1 am and I haven't done my research yet but I'll put this question out there for discussion. 

Remember when we were talking about how those who saw the incoming of the Kingdom in 1914 (that generation) will not die off before the end comes. Maybe, if nothing more to educate me, can we put our heads together and discuss that in regard to the GT. That generation is getting quite old. 

Perhaps I've missed something along the way but this thought has been coming back to me lately.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

8 hours ago, Richie said:

There a lot of changes from the past if scrutinize verses of ch11 and ch12 and some verses are left undefined and previous become obsolete due to change. Try to compare previous and present, this makes sense of future clarification. For now it helps me a lot for my personal mediatation especially assessing the future GT

I was convinced this had something to do with covid. Obviously I was wrong and disappointed. Speculating did me no good, it stopped me planning and when the time passed I felt quite lost. Now I can really understand why knowing the date is no good for us. Thankfully the Annual Meeting came just in time to rejuvenate me. Now I will patiently wait and see.

Edited by Abigail

Has anyone thought asking AI this:

”what are the consequences in UN, ongoing conflicts in Ukraine and Israel and world governance if Putin s regime is overthrown?”

google bard:

The consequences of the end of the Putin regime would be far-reaching and complex, with both domestic and international implications. Here are some of the potential consequences for Russia, ongoing conflicts, and the United Nations:

Domestic Consequences

• Political instability: The removal of Putin from power could lead to a period of political instability in Russia, as different factions within the elite vie for control. This could manifest as protests, power struggles within the military, and even violence.

• Economic uncertainty: Russia's economy is already reeling from the effects of Western sanctions, and the end of the Putin regime could further destabilize the situation. This could lead to inflation, unemployment, and social unrest.

• Diversification of foreign policy: A new Russian leadership could be more willing to engage with the West and other international partners. This could open the door to a thaw in relations and a more peaceful foreign policy.

• Increased focus on domestic issues: A new government could prioritize addressing the needs of the Russian people, such as improving healthcare, education, and social welfare.

Ongoing Conflicts

• End of the war in Ukraine: The end of the Putin regime could provide an opportunity to negotiate a lasting peace settlement in Ukraine. This would bring an end to the bloodshed and suffering of the Ukrainian people.

• Tightening of sanctions against Russia: The West may be less willing to lift sanctions against Russia if the regime that replaces Putin is perceived as hostile. This could prolong the economic hardship in Russia and hinder its ability to rebuild its military.

• Increased support for pro-Russian separatists: A new Russian leadership could be more supportive of pro-Russian separatists in Moldova, Georgia, and other post-Soviet countries. This could destabilize these regions and increase the risk of further conflicts.

United Nations

• Russia's role in the UN: Russia is a permanent member of the UN Security Council, with veto power over any resolution. The end of the Putin regime could lead to a change in Russia's approach to the UN, potentially making it more cooperative and willing to engage with the international community.

• Renewed emphasis on multilateralism: A new Russian leadership could be more supportive of multilateralism and cooperation with other countries. This could lead to a stronger role for the UN in addressing global challenges such as climate change, poverty, and pandemics.

• Increased attention to human rights: A new Russian government could be more committed to upholding human rights and international law. This could lead to greater cooperation with the UN human rights mechanisms and a more positive role for Russia in promoting human rights around the world.

It is important to note that these are just potential consequences, and the actual impact of the end of the Putin regime would depend on a variety of factors, including the identity of the new leadership, the policies they pursue, and the international response.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The hypothetical scenario of the overthrow of Putin's regime in Russia would have significant and far-reaching implications on various global issues, including the UN's functioning, ongoing conflicts in Ukraine and Israel, and broader world governance. Here's a speculative analysis of such a scenario:

1. United Nations Dynamics:

• Russia's Role in the UN: Russia is a permanent member of the UN Security Council with veto power. Any change in its leadership, especially a dramatic one, could alter its approach to global issues, potentially leading to shifts in the balance of power within the UN.
    • Impact on UN Resolutions: If the new leadership has different foreign policy priorities, it could change how Russia votes on resolutions, particularly those concerning security, human rights, and international law.
  2. Conflict in Ukraine:

• Change in Foreign Policy: The nature of Russia's involvement in Ukraine could undergo significant changes. If the new regime adopts a more conciliatory foreign policy, it might seek to de-escalate the conflict or engage in more constructive peace talks.
    • Impact on Military Actions: A change in leadership could lead to a reassessment of military strategies in Ukraine, potentially altering the course of the conflict.
  3. Israel and Middle East Dynamics:

• Shift in Alliances: Russia has been a key player in Middle East politics, including its relations with Israel and involvement in Syria. A new regime might redefine these relationships, impacting the geopolitical landscape of the region.
    • Influence on Peace Processes: Russia's stance on Israel-Palestine issues and its role in broader Middle Eastern conflicts could evolve, potentially affecting ongoing peace initiatives and regional stability.
  4. World Governance and International Relations:

• Global Power Dynamics: The overthrow of Putin’s regime could lead to a repositioning of Russia on the global stage, affecting alliances and rivalries with major powers like the United States, China, and the European Union.
    • Economic and Political Reforms: Depending on the nature of the new regime, there could be significant reforms in Russia's domestic and international policies, which might lead to changes in global economic and political trends.
  5. Internal Stability and Global Response:

• Russia's Internal Dynamics: The internal political stability of Russia would be a key concern. A power vacuum or instability could have ripple effects on global security and economics.
    • International Community’s Reaction: The global community, including international organizations and individual states, would have to recalibrate their diplomatic and economic strategies in response to the new Russian leadership.

It's important to note that this analysis is highly speculative and subject to numerous variables, including the nature of the new regime, its domestic and foreign policies, and the reactions of other global players. The actual consequences would depend on the specifics of how such a scenario unfolds.

This is ChatGPT 4.

Edited by Osprey

6 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Remember when we were talking about how those who saw the incoming of the Kingdom in 1914 (that generation) will not die off before the end comes. Maybe, if nothing more to educate me, can we put our heads together and discuss that in regard to the GT. That generation is getting quite old. 

Here' my $.02

The number of partakers today is not relevant to "this generation".

The number of partakers in 1992 would indicate those who are a part of "this generation", as Br. Splane explained.  Because they would be contemporaneous with the first group.  Overlapping the first group.

So, consider the number of partakers in 1992 and imagine how many of those are still alive 31 years later.  These are the ones who "will by no means pass away until all these things occur".

Also, the FDS has said Jesus didn't necessarily mean there would only be a few of them remaining.

I have said it before -  Our organization keeps very good records.  There is no reason why they can't know how many of today's partakers were partaking back in 1992.  

Before our current understanding, I thought that "this generation" was the specific snapshot of human society that was present when "all this things happen". Everyone, whether JWs or not JWs, whether anointed or not.

14 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I looked into the tensions between China and Taiwan, and learned a bit more of the background. I didn’t realise the tiny island of Kinmen (pronounced “Jinmen”) is part of Taiwan but less than 10km (6.2 miles) away across Xiamen Bay from the Chinese mainland. Here on the map you can see how ridiculously close to China it is, and how easily things can develop if China wants to move on Taiwan.

[...]

And interestingly, Maduro wants a slice of Guyana because of the oil fields there. 

That is the reason of so many reports of Chinese warplanes flying over Taiwan's controlled airspace, because said controlled airspace covers a few kilometers inside China's mainland. News reports always omit this tiny detail.

And Venezuela/Guyana issue goes back to even before 1899. At that time USA, following the Monroe doctrine, unilaterally decided to arbitrate the question and gave the territory to the UK. Venezuela is complaining since 1899.

News reports are also omitting this detail.