JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

Just now, Richie said:

There was a Watchtower study article about the possible disconnection to the branch and the only means to keep close to Jehovah's organization is to heed your elders' local directions. 

Yes I know…. But I’m not talking about a disconnection 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

10 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

Yes this… ☝️ I have thought for a long while that this will become a tool in Satans hands that he will manipulate and try to use against us

I’m not trying to worry others, but imagine we are in the thick of the GT and we see a message supposedly from the GB it may even appear to be on our website! This message is giving us instructions… what do we do? ….. 

I think the obvious thing would be to listen to our body of elders, stay close to Jehovah and pay attention… I have wondered if this kind of scenario is also on the minds of the GB , AI has become extremely frightening… and things can look very very real

The GT may involve many things that 10 or 20 years ago we would never have contemplated

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

There was a Watchtower study article about the possible disconnection to the branch and the only means to keep close to Jehovah's organization is to heed your elders' local directions. 

2 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

Yes I know…. But I’m not talking about a disconnection 

I think if the GB is still making videos during the GT they won't be putting it on the website for every government who just destroyed religions to see. I think they would send it to the elders directly, like they do with letters that need to be read to the congregation.

Whatever our pathway for spiritual food is, I think it will be obvious that the website is assumed compromised, and whatever direction we did receive from the elders would make it obvious that the "GB" video couldn't be real.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what they try. We know the Rabshakeh lied and told the Israelites that God had sent the Assyrian army to destroy Jerusalem. Listening to God's appointed spokesperson, Isaiah, would have prevented anyone from making a rash decision based on that lie.

When the KGB intercepted the GB letter to the Russian congregations they edited it to say that the Russian witnesses should separate from the US witnesses like Lot and Abraham did, so they could both flourish. This is false reasoning and no one familiar with the scriptures would fall for it. I doubt they will do better next time.

Theory time:

Maybe the "GB" will tell us that we should turn ourselves in to the police right away, just like Israel turned back towards the Egyptian armies (this would be made even more plausible because we are expecting such an illogical-from-a-human-standpoint situation).

Maybe it won't be the "GB" at all. Maybe a random "brother" will claim the governing body has gone to heaven (so we might as well give up), not realizing there will be anointed people around the world to prove that that hasn't happened yet.

What do you think the "GB" will say?

10 minutes ago, Richie said:

Sorry for this... Well, if AI will become a tool to be used for future misleading information it can serve its purpose against organization. 

What if AI is used to make videos of major religions saying something that would cause people to want to destroy them? It could be a tool that leads to the destruction of BtG.

21 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

When the KGB intercepted the GB letter to the Russian congregatio

Nice mentioning this. I recall an article sometime in 2006-07 that KGB also intercepted Watchtower in US. Since then I was so convinced that Russian government would do an attack to Jehovah's people in Putin's consent since he was an KGB officer and knew a lot about Watchtower. 

If I am not mistaken, some of KGBs became a Circuit Overseer. Fortunately, this incident had accomplished Daniel prophecy at chapter 11...

Edited by Richie

25 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

Je pense que si le Royaume-Uni continue à faire des vidéos pendant le GT , il ne les mettra pas sur son site Web pour que tous les gouvernements qui viennent de détruire les religions puissent les voir. Je pense qu’ils l’enverraient directement aux anciens, comme ils le font pour les lettres qui doivent être lues à la congrégation.

Quelle que soit notre voie vers la nourriture spirituelle, je pense qu'il sera évident que le site Web est présumé compromis, et quelles que soient les instructions que nous recevrons des anciens, il sera évident que la vidéo « GB » ne peut pas être réelle.

Cela étant dit, il sera intéressant de voir ce qu’ils essaient. Nous savons que Rabshakeh a menti et a dit aux Israélites que Dieu avait envoyé l’armée assyrienne pour détruire Jérusalem. Écouter le porte-parole désigné par Dieu, Isaïe, aurait empêché quiconque de prendre une décision irréfléchie fondée sur ce mensonge.

Lorsque le KGB a intercepté la lettre britannique adressée aux congrégations russes, ils l'ont modifiée pour dire que les témoins russes devraient se séparer des témoins américains comme Lot et Abraham l'ont fait, afin qu'ils puissent tous deux s'épanouir. C’est un faux raisonnement et personne connaissant les Écritures ne se laisserait prendre au piège. Je doute qu'ils feront mieux la prochaine fois.

Temps de théorie :

Peut-être que le « GB » nous dira que nous devrions nous rendre immédiatement à la police, tout comme Israël s'est retourné vers les armées égyptiennes (ce serait d'autant plus plausible que nous nous attendons à une telle réaction illogique de la part d'un humain). -situation de point de vue).

Peut-être que ce ne sera pas du tout le « GB ». Peut-être qu’un « frère » au hasard prétendra que le corps dirigeant est allé au paradis (donc autant abandonner), sans se rendre compte qu’il y aura des personnes ointes dans le monde entier pour prouver que cela n’est pas encore arrivé.

Que pensez-vous que le « GB » dira ?

I don't know what the GB will say and I agree to say that AI is scary.The question is: What does Jehovah tell us through the FS? : Above all 'stay calm, don't be afraid'. If Jehovah finds it relevant to tell us that the Anointed Ones will stay with us until the last second and the next second, they take up the sword to defend us, it is not for nothing. We will have the information we need to be protected, regardless of AI or raging social media. Jehovah controls the tool. His intelligence is not artificial.

20 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I dont want to think about GT speculation. I have a unique challenge now. Finding a work.. Been praying and keeping on praying. 

GT has arrived in my life. Will need more of your prayers. 

I was offered a job but the shift doesnt allow me to attend meetings on midweek and working nightshift is not good for my health. 

The same here Jenny. More than 3 years since I lost my job. What I did is to find to possible ways to support our daily lives but not to compromise Jehovah's provisions. A year ago I got an offer but I declined for the meantime due to scheduled training provided for all responsibles brothers. Sometimes I felt If I've done wrong decision because that job allows me to attend all meeting except the Theocratic trainings. Even if I accepted the job, might be I lost my energy for Theocratic assignment due to the job requires much energy especially it could sap a lot of mental energy to the point of feeling drowsiness while in meetings. Now, still finding job that can be both support my family of 4 plus Congregational expenses and help given to those who asked help. I was in Dubai before and transferred to the congregation that has financial constraints. Combining all challenges these can cause me insane and alot of cries in the night along with sleepless nights. But in the end I realize Jehovah never let us alone. 

Having here in this chat board makes me feel relax LOL. 

Edited by Richie

45 minutes ago, LeolaRootStew said:

I'm not going to pretend I know what that means. Please explain, and can it be used if they evacuate headquarters?

An Intranet is a private network. The Internet is public. Think your home network and the web interface you access for your Router/Firewall/WiFi to set passwords, WiFi SSIDs, etc. You can't access it from your computer at Starbucks or the Kingdom Hall. That is a small example of an Intranet. The only way into an Intranet is being local to it or VPN, Extranet, or hacking externally.

I'd love to see the societies firewall logs and web application firewall logs to see the hacking attempts. 

Edited by chuck83

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Not a lot to read here but Greece and India (the most populated country in the world) discussing the pursuit of Peace and Security and their relationship in doing so.

"A great power on world stage, important ally in pursuit of peace and security": Greek PM Mitsotakis lauds India (aninews.in)

"Today, India is a great power on the world stage, and important ally in the pursuit of peace and security, a rising force at the heart of the G20, and a leading player in the fight against climate change, [...]"

3 hours ago, 80snewwave said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-international/ap-brazil-calls-for-reform-of-united-nations-as-it-starts-its-g20-presidency/

Brazil calls for reform of United Nations as it starts its G20 presidency

Brazil’s foreign minister called for reforms of the United Nations and other multilateral institutions Wednesday while criticizing their inability to prevent global conflicts, as his country kicked off its presidency of the Group of 20 nations....

I'll leave this link to add more news from your post 

Brazil pushes UN overhaul at meeting of G20 ministers in Rio

https://www.reuters.com/world/g20-ministers-discuss-conflicts-global-governance-brazil-2024-02-21/

RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Brazil opened a conference of foreign ministers from the G20 group of nations on Wednesday by blaming the United Nations and other multinational bodies for failing to stop mounting wars and conflicts that are killing innocent people.
Foreign Minister Mauro Vieira called for "profound reform" of global governance as Brazil's top priority for its presidency this year of the group of the world's largest economies.

3 hours ago, Anniebea said:

Yes this… ☝️ I have thought for a long while that this will become a tool in Satans hands that he will manipulate and try to use against us

I’m not trying to worry others, but imagine we are in the thick of the GT and we see a message supposedly from the GB it may even appear to be on our website! This message is giving us instructions… what do we do? ….. 

I think the obvious thing would be to listen to our body of elders, stay close to Jehovah and pay attention… I have wondered if this kind of scenario is also on the minds of the GB , AI has become extremely frightening… and things can look very very real

The GT may involve many things that 10 or 20 years ago we would never have contemplated

If I'm not mistaken, this happened in the USSR! I remember somewhere seeing a video (or article) on JW about some brothers who received a doctored version of The Watchtower. But they noticed that it was an adulterated version because in some points, it completely differed from what would naturally be taught.
(If I'm not mistaken, it said to "not love your brother")

We need to study hard, and really memorize important points of our faith. We cannot expect justice and truth there, to discover whether it's false or not it will only be our studies and the holy spirit to make us discover it.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

4 hours ago, Richie said:

Combining all challenges these can cause me insane and a lot of cries in the night along with sleepless nights. But in the end I realize Jehovah never let us alone. 

Having here in this chat board makes me feel relax LOL. 

Ive been crying so many nights now. 

32 minutes ago, JennyM said:

Ive been crying so many nights now. 

Beg Jehovah for peace and wisdom. Definitely he will give it to you. During this period we become so closer to Him than before because Jehovah is always on our lips.

We experienced some of Jehovah's people from their daunting situations and we saw problems that we couldn't imagine how they could get it through. Now, I saw how Jehovah provided escapes. I am sure you will get it through from your present predicament. 

6 minutes ago, JennyM said:

I will choose a work that will not prevent me from attending meetings. Meeting is my life. 

Soon, all things will be made new by Jehovah. 

All are so anxious about their spiritual needs are more blessed than pursuing material wealth. Although we are not materially wealthy we are rich in Jehovah's eyes that makes us happy. Spiritual understanding from the future is also a source of happiness because we feel how Jehovah helps us to understand His willl. 

3 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Cela fait un moment que nous n'avons pas vu d'annonces de dernière minute sur le site. Lorsqu’ils apparaissent, je ressens une mini crise cardiaque. Quand pensez-vous que nous aurons des nouvelles ? 😃

May be tonight dear Daniel, we are on thursday...

2 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I do not understand a lick of French, but, my dear sister, I heartedly agree with you!

You make me doubt, Miss Bea: did I write in French or in English? On my computer it's in the language of Shakespeare but when we talk about Shakespeare Molière is never very far❤️