JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

11 minutes ago, cme said:

Yesterday we had the circuit assembly with CO.  He illustrated something important that I did not know.  He said,

"When there is an aircraft carrier for military planes to land, how do they do it.  Do they slow down so they won't miss the ship?  No.  They speed up!  The reason being if they slow down they can hit the cable and not have enough room to turn around. Might be disastrous.  So....they speed up to land and if they miss their landing they circle around again and come back...Friends, tighten up your seat belts and put your seats in upward position, we are about to land in Paradise."

He emphasized the importance to understand the GT is about to strike.  He said Jehovah knows what we are going through.  Don't lose heart, continue in your preaching and teaching and personal studies to strengthen your faith because we are going in soon.

I think it is interesting when someone uses an illustration that we can't relate to. Not many of us have been on an aircraft carrier. A brother recently used an illustration about a boxer, and I wondered how many of us watch boxing and knew what he was talking about...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, cme said:

Yesterday we had the circuit assembly with CO.  He illustrated something important that I did not know.  He said,

"When there is an aircraft carrier for military planes to land, how do they do it.  Do they slow down so they won't miss the ship?  No.  They speed up!  The reason being if they slow down they can hit the cable and not have enough room to turn around. Might be disastrous.  So....they speed up to land and if they miss their landing they circle around again and come back...Friends, tighten up your seat belts and put your seats in upward position, we are about to land in Paradise."

He emphasized the importance to understand the GT is about to strike.  He said Jehovah knows what we are going through.  Don't lose heart, continue in your preaching and teaching and personal studies to strengthen your faith because we are going in soon.

Been hearing that for too long now…

1 hour ago, Sackedbysapp said:

Been hearing that for too long now…

It's all relative... a long time isn't long at all from Jehovah’s viewpoint.

The MOST any of us will wait is our lifetime, and in the grand scheme of things that is nothing.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

12 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think it is interesting when someone uses an illustration that we can't relate to. Not many of us have been on an aircraft carrier. A brother recently used an illustration about a boxer, and I wondered how many of us watch boxing and knew what he was talking about...:lol1:

Maybe not been on an aircraft carrier but I bet most of the audience has watched Top Gun or one like it with plane landing.  
I will say I had no idea they sped up to land though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

21 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

Maybe not been on an aircraft carrier but I bet most of the audience has watched Top Gun or one like it with plane landing.  
I will say I had no idea they sped up to land though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Oh, so the CO is encouraging us to watch military movies? :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Soon, sister. Let's take heart, the King is coming. 

I recently rewatched AM from 2014, a gem that gives a lot of strength. A decade has passed since then, a billion internal changes, a global pandemic in between and yet the zeal of our brothers of the GB has not changed. 
Very very invigorating, I recommend.

What does  "soon" means in human eyes:

less < month?

less <6 months?

less <  year?

less < 5 years?

1 hour ago, Dawid said:

less < month?

less <6 months?

less <  year?

less < 5 years?

Can't answer that, then we'd be putting a time on it.

1 hour ago, WD-40 said:

I like this picture of you with the sword

Yes much better the other one looked he had fluid retention big time.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Dawid said:

less < month?

less <6 months?

less <  year?

less < 5 years?

Oh that, brother Dawid, you have to ask Jehovah or his Organization. She is the one who talks about it this way, I use her terminology and I completely agree with it. From there, I think that each of us inscribes his intimate relationship to Jehovah's time, according to what he senses or feels. 

If you ask me the question I would answer in a very personal way, deeply respecting those who do not think at all like me. I have been aligning myself with the adverb 'soon' for decades, lending it imminence. I still believe that the GT can be launched tomorrow, on Tuesday, everything is ready for it to surprise us while our heads are on the pillow. It is more true today than yesterday and tomorrow it will be even more true. That's how I think.

I have lived with this idea since I knew Jehovah and it always leads me more towards hope, towards Him, without tiring me, without wearing me out. On the other hand, I absolutely avoid focusing on a date, it's very dangerous. It's useless since I advance by 24 hours, I give back these hours as much as possible to the one who offers them to me each day and thus, I add up the months and years without withering my faith.

14 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

Oh that, brother Dawid, you have to ask Jehovah or his Organization. She is the one who talks about it this way, I use her terminology and I completely agree with it. From there, I think that each of us inscribes his intimate relationship to Jehovah's time, according to what he senses or feels. 

If you ask me the question I would answer in a very personal way, deeply respecting those who do not think at all like me. I have been aligning myself with the adverb 'soon' for decades, lending it imminence. I still believe that the GT can be launched tomorrow, on Tuesday, everything is ready for it to surprise us while our heads are on the pillow. It is more true today than yesterday and tomorrow it will be even more true. That's how I think.

I have lived with this idea since I knew Jehovah and it always leads me more towards hope, towards Him, without tiring me, without wearing me out. On the other hand, I absolutely avoid focusing on a date, it's very dangerous. It's useless since I advance by 24 hours, I give back these hours as much as possible to the one who offers them to me each day and thus, I add up the months and years without withering my faith.

So, we know that we do not know how Jehova view the word soon. We also do not know what this "soon" means from our point of view.

Much less confusing word is " in the future".  When preaching, I prefer to use this expression ->"In the future" for 30 years and it explains more than the word "soon" in this context. Soon, explains nothing

BTW, who would like to hear from the child" I will clean my room up soon". And wait hour, day, week, month or... 😉 

Beloved, the concept of “time is at hand,” the concept of “soon,” the concept of “we are at the threshold,” is a relative time that should be primarily addressed to Jehovah, not to men. Jehovah has set the times and deadlines; it is he who counts down the years, the months, the hours.

Acts 1:7times or seasons: Two aspects of time are mentioned here. The plural form of the Greek word khroʹnos, rendered times, may refer to an unspecified period of time, long or short. The Greek word kai·rosʹ (sometimes rendered “appointed time”; the plural form is here rendered seasons) is often used with reference to future time periods within God’s arrangement or timetable, particularly in relation to Christ’s presence and his Kingdom.—Ac 3:19; 1Th 5:1; see study notes on Mr 1:15; Lu 21:24. in his own jurisdiction: Or “under his own authority.” This expression indicates that Jehovah has reserved for himself the right to set “the times or seasons” for the fulfillment of his purposes. He is the Great Timekeeper. Before Jesus died, Jesus said that even the Son did not then know the “day and hour” when the end would come but “only the Father” knew.—Mt 24:36; Mr 13:32. (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition))

It is difficult for us to comprehend this, to accommodate it in our minds, for we will never comprehend Jehovah.(Isaiah 55:8Isaiah 40:131 Corinthians 2:16)

But, Jehovah is merciful to us and he will never leave us. (Amos 3:7Hebrews 13:56)

When all this happens we will see and be prepared. Patience and strong faith and faithful service is what Jehovah expects of us today. And when it passes, we will remember it as a dream. 

PATIENCE WITH US ALL, DEAR ONES. ❤️ (Habakkuk 2:3)

Edited by Qapla

3 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Beloved, the concept of “time is at hand,” the concept of “soon,” the concept of “we are at the threshold,” is a relative time that should be primarily addressed to Jehovah, not to men. Jehovah has set the times and deadlines; it is he who counts down the years, the months, the hours.

It sounds interesting.

52 minutes ago, Dawid said:

So, we know that we do not know how Jehova view the word soon. We also do not know what this "soon" means from our point of view.

Much less confusing word is " in the future".  When preaching, I prefer to use this expression ->"In the future" for 30 years and it explains more than the word "soon" in this context. Soon, explains nothing

BTW, who would like to hear from the child" I will clean my room up soon". And wait hour, day, week, month or... 😉 

It's very true what you say, Brother, and if it suits you then it suits me too.

In my explanation of 'soon' for tidying the room, I have to hear 24 hours every 24 hours. So if I say to my children 'tidy your room' in subtitles they must read and hear 'you have 24 hours to do it'. It's a very specific time 'soon', here, that they must oppose me, isn't it?😊

13 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

It's very true what you say, Brother, and if it suits you then it suits me too.

In my explanation of 'soon' for tidying the room, I have to hear 24 hours every 24 hours. So if I say to my children 'tidy your room' in subtitles they must read and hear 'you have 24 hours to do it'. It's a very specific time 'soon', here, that they must oppose me, isn't it?😊

o yes.

But For me what Jesus said in Math 24 is enough to see that we leave in days He foretold. Let it be soon 😉

Be strong, Jehovah is near.

(The song was created with AI)

(Verse 1)
When the day is dark and the path is unclear,
We lift our eyes up, there's nothing to fear,
With every challenge and every test,
We find our strength in Jehovah’s rest.

(Chorus)
Hold on, be strong, the light is near,
In the waiting, there's a promise so clear,
Though the journey’s hard, and the road is long,
We find our courage in Jehovah’s song.

(Verse 2)
When the world seems heavy, and troubles rise,
We hold our faith, and we reach for the skies,
Through every trial, and each storm we brave,
We trust in His love, and the path He paves.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
In the silence, He whispers our name,
In our hearts, His love remains the same,
Through the highs and lows, we rise above,
Guided by His endless, faithful love.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So keep your spirit high, and never stray,
For Jehovah’s promise will light the way,
With every step we take, and every prayer we raise,
We walk in hope, and in His eternal praise.

Edited by Andrey

25 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Be strong, Jehovah is near.

(The song was created with AI)

(Verse 1)
When the day is dark and the path is unclear,
We lift our eyes up, there's nothing to fear,
With every challenge and every test,
We find our strength in Jehovah’s rest.

(Chorus)

(Verse 2)
When the world seems heavy, and troubles rise,
We hold our faith, and we reach for the skies,
Through every trial, and each storm we brave,
We trust in His love, and the path He paves.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
In the silence, He whispers our name,
In our hearts, His love remains the same,
Through the highs and lows, we rise above,
Guided by His endless, faithful love.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So keep your spirit high, and never stray,
For Jehovah’s promise will light the way,
With every step we take, and every prayer we raise,
We walk in hope, and in His eternal praise.

🤩🤩🤩