JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

9 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make here. 

I just suggested that instead of just sharing a link it is better to add some context, as that hadn't been done. 

Then I added some context as a subsequent comment was irrelevant to the article. 

Sorry dear sis,

I misunderstood then.

On 11/17/2023 at 10:02 AM, Sofia said:

I wouldn't read too much into that, the church of england hasn't been relevant for a long time now. Beyond the waters of babylon the great drying up its unlikely to be of any significance. When the wild beast turns on religion we'll be left in no doubt what's happening and why

7 hours ago, Paul s said:

I wouldn't read too much into that, the church of england hasn't been relevant for a long time now. Beyond the waters of babylon the great drying up its unlikely to be of any significance. When the wild beast turns on religion we'll be left in no doubt what's happening and why

I think this is meaningful, because one day they will actually do it. And before they do it, I think it´s reasonable to separate all the government state from the Anglican Church.

or they would shoot the foot, if you all see what I mean.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

I think this is meaningful, because one day they will actually do it. And before they do it, I think it´s reasonable to separate all the government state from the Anglican Church.

or they would shoot the foot, if you all see what I mean.

I'm completely off topic, but I liked your new photo dear Sofia 😂! 🌹

1 minute ago, Dhanyel said:

I'm completely off topic, but I liked your new photo dear Sofia 😂! 🌹

Oh you are so kind brother Daniel :)

Obrigada!

On december 6th by proposal of the liberal party in UK, government UK will vote for the church to be completly separated from the government.

26 bishops rule in the House of Lords for instance.

The King is the supreme chief of the Church.

The law is all about separation. Church one thing, state another.

What I said is: it makes sense to be tottaly separated from the anglican church soon BEFORE the BIG BAN.

When BTG is destroyed, the UK governent wont have any church members ruling.

If the law doesnt pass,... Oh well. It was another try.

Jehovah knows his ways and by all means BTG shall be destryoed anyway

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

6 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Interesting.... I wonder what their reasoning is. 

They say that in the modern World with so many religions in place in UK makes no sense government advocates only one.

The state should be laic. Impartial. no religion involvment. 

A recent survey showed very few british citizens are religious.

NSS chief executive Stephen Evans said: "In our religiously diverse and increasingly secular country, the establishment of the Church of England is simply unsustainable.

"Disestablishment would remove religious privilege from the heart of our constitutional settlement and be a step towards a more inclusive, diverse, and equal society.

"We urge parliamentarians to support this bill as a commitment to fostering a society where all citizens are equally valued and respected."

Edited by Sofia

5 minutes ago, Sofia said:

They say that in the modern World with so many religions in place in UK makes no sense government advocates only one.

The state should be laic. Impartial. no religion involvment. 

A recent survey showed very few british citizens are religious.

NSS chief executive Stephen Evans said: "In our religiously diverse and increasingly secular country, the establishment of the Church of England is simply unsustainable.

"Disestablishment would remove religious privilege from the heart of our constitutional settlement and be a step towards a more inclusive, diverse, and equal society.

"We urge parliamentarians to support this bill as a commitment to fostering a society where all citizens are equally valued and respected."

Found this article on the subject. Interesting.... 

https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2023/11/bill-to-separate-church-from-state-to-be-introduced-in-parliament

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

I live in the UK and am amazed at the chaos we're seeing right now. Last weekend there were protests in London, clashes with the police over armistice day. On Monday the home secretary was fired and the former prime minister made foreign secretary then news on a major volcano eruption in Iceland and a major rebellion for the opposition party. Any of these stories would have been front page news for weeks 20 years ago today its barely a day before the next crisis hit

1 hour ago, Grace Howard said:

Not to go on about it. But who else is going through a really tough time right now? We must be so close to the GT.

Dearest sister. Perhaps you´d like to visit this other part of our forum, where anxiety and fears are more adressed.

It´s not off topic, but maybe you like this topic also: 

This is the part: https://jwtalk.net/forum/17-comfort-consolation-support-recovery/ 

❤️❤️ 

Edited by Sofia

4 hours ago, Sofia said:

The King is the supreme chief of the Church.

He (or the Queen) has a ceremonial role, but that's all.   He doesn't have a tie-breaker vote in the Parliament, or anything like that.

During the coronation of Charles,  one news outlet told the story of another coronation when the archbishop brought the crown to the new king.  Tradition would have the archbishop place the crown on the king's head.  But this new king wasn't having it.  He lifted the crown from the pillow and put it on his head himself.  Seemed he was sending the church a message  :eek:

4 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Some of the reasons for separation:  The Church of England refuses gay marriage;  it permits it's churches to ban female priest's;  it's bishops interventions in politics and it's failure to safeguard children from sexual abuse.

And, the sponsor of the idea says "My bill will ensure the Church of England is just one religious institution amongst many and not able to use the levers of state to force it's beliefs on others who have different views."

7 hours ago, Sofia said:

Dearest sister. Perhaps you´d like to visit this other part of our forum, where anxiety and fears are more adressed.

This is the part: https://jwtalk.net/forum/17-comfort-consolation-support-recovery/ 

❤️❤️ 

Not sure if this sister can see this section yet, as she is new and still a limited user.

8 hours ago, Sofia said:

❤️❤️ 

That section is only for full access users so Grace will be unable to view or participate in that topic yet. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, Abigail said:

Not sure if this sister can see this section yet, as she is new and still a limited user.

Aaaah thank you 😊 

I’m sorry

i was hasty 

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

That section is only for full access users so Grace will be unable to view or participate in that topic yet. 

I’m sorry

i didn’t know that

just trying to help but I was hasty in my ignorance 

thank you 😊 

1 hour ago, MChill14 said:

A little more context……

IMG_9799.png

WT pic somewhere that during peace and security, arab nations are included.. I hope this is one of the first step.. Im trying to rush  bible study to my rv but they wont on my side. We cant force people to accept the truth. 

"Most extream weather ever witnessed"

More monumental weather.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/turkish-cargo-ship-with-12-crew-sinks-black-sea-2023-11-20/

Edited by bagwell1987

Added content

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34