JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Favorite Whisky or Gin?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:21 AM, Bob said:

Jamieson is some pretty good stuff. I get probably 3 or 4 bottles a year.

Jameson is a very nice whiskey, but it has increased in price over here in Australia. I do like the Stout and IPA variants, which I prefer to the plain Jameson, and the Black Barrel isn't too bad either.

I still have a bottle of 12YO Jameson Special Reserve which they stop producing in 2013. I originally paid about AU$65 for it, but because of it's now rarity, it has increased 10x its price. The bottle (in its cylindrical package) is behind the Jameson Select Reserve in the picture of the bar I used to own in a couple of pages back. This was my favorite of the Jameson's, but now knowing it current price, I am reluctant to drink it. 😬

image.png.11034e9afeba458bd7c3eca970710b9c.png

image.png.9ec82ae80b761a21229d1e1f44bf2cde.png

Also too, the Select Reserve is now valued about AU$500! I paid about AU$70. I am not sure whether I drank this one already or I still have it. 🤔

image.png.c1e2caaa2755653b4b54384444220896.png

Posted (edited)

Not far from Walkill is Coppersea distillery.  They have a very smooth straight rye whiskey which we enjoy. They use some heritage style of distilling which provides unique flavor. 

Oh and if you like hard cider Angry Orchard tasting room is only 5 minutes from Walkill. 

Heading up the end of May so guess what is on our to do list. 😂 

Edited by BLEmom

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

12 hours ago, Pabo said:

Also too, the Select Reserve is now valued about AU$500! I paid about AU$70. I am not sure whether I drank this one already or I still have it. 🤔

I still have the bottle. :surrender:

On 5/1/2024 at 6:59 PM, Pabo said:

Jameson is a very nice whiskey, but it has increased in price over here in Australia. I do like the Stout and IPA variants, which I prefer to the plain Jameson, and the Black Barrel isn't too bad either.

I still have a bottle of 12YO Jameson Special Reserve which they stop producing in 2013. I originally paid about AU$65 for it, but because of it's now rarity, it has increased 10x its price. The bottle (in its cylindrical package) is behind the Jameson Select Reserve in the picture of the bar I used to own in a couple of pages back. This was my favorite of the Jameson's, but now knowing it current price, I am reluctant to drink it. 😬

image.png.11034e9afeba458bd7c3eca970710b9c.png

image.png.9ec82ae80b761a21229d1e1f44bf2cde.png

Nice. The price of Jamieson in my part of the US has stayed relatively the same. I had the Black Barrell once, and it was good. But I prefer the original. 

I used to buy Remy Martin 1738 before 2020. Since the start of the Pandemic, the price has almost doubled so I refuse to buy it. Same with Hennessey, though it has not doubled in price, but it at least increased by about 20 percent. 

Recently I stick to moderately priced Whiskeys like Crown Royal and Jack Daniels. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Nopartofthisworld said:

Macallan is my favourite tipple.

Quite expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.

I draw the line at Macellan 12. I just can't bring myself to sink even more coin into the Macellan 18. But it is good stuff. 

I also like Oban. 

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

On 7/29/2024 at 4:17 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

I draw the line at Macellan 12. I just can't bring myself to sink even more coin into the Macellan 18. But it is good stuff. 

I also like Oban. 

Oban is quite nice. Very subtle in its flavour. Best to be drunken neat (no ice or water added).

On 7/29/2024 at 1:01 AM, Dages said:

Lagavulin 16 years for me :D 
lagavulin 16 years closeup

I still have a bottle of this, and whenever I visit a brother's place, I usually drink this at his place, as he finds it too peatish for his taste.

If you like this, try Yoichi.

image.thumb.jpeg.211f7a17841b4032ee33300ce3ff21ff.jpeg