3/ Grants 12 YO

4/ Glen Moray 16YO

5/ Glenfiddich SM (80's version)

6/ Wyndham Estate Tawny Port

7/ Pokolbin Distillery - Chocolate liquer

8/ Yamazaki SM

9/ Aberlour 12YO

Left Bar main shelf starting from left

10/ Bundaberg Reserve (limited release 2009)

11/ Bundaberg Black Distillers Collection

12/ Ardberg 10YO (behind 14)

13/ Angostura Rum 7YO

14/ Blue Duck Vodka (behind 13)

15/ JP Wisers 18YO Canadian Whiskey

16/ Bowmans 10YO (behind 15)

17/ Wild Turkey Rare Breed

18/ Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila

19/ Hellyers Road 10YO Whiskey (Tasmanian)

20/ Bushmills Black Bush 10YO Irish Whisky

21/ Writers Tears Irish Whicky

22/ Jameson Black Barrel Irish Whiskey

23/ Jameson 12YO

24/ Johnny Walker Red Rye

25/ Johnny Walker Rye Casks Finish 10YO (behind 24)

26/ Johnny Walker Green Label 15YO (behind 25)

27/ Grants Ale Cask

28/ Grants 12YO (behind 27)

29/ Grants Sherry Cask

30/ Dimple 15YO (behind 26)

31/ Strathisla 12YO

32/ Glenlivet 12YO (behind 31)

33/ Jura - Origin 10YO

34/ The Singleton - Sunray (behind 33)

35/ The Singleton - Spey Cascade (behind 34)

36/ Glen Raich 10YO

37/ Oban 14YO (behind 36)

38/ Glengoyne 12YO

39/ Oban Distillers Edition (behind 38)

40/ Dalwhinnie 15YO

41/ Glenkinchie 12YO (behind 40)

Under the Left Bar - starting at left

42/ Dubliner Liqueur

43/ Laphroig 10YO (behind 42 - couple of bottles)

44/ Bundaberg UP Rum (several bottles and sizes)

45/ Bundaberg OP Rum (several more bottle of Bundaberg UP and OP behind)

46/ Rock and Rye - Slow & Low

47/ Cointreau (two bottles)

48/ Bruichladdich - The Classic Laddie

49/ VOK - Banana Liqueur

50/ Black Bottle Brandy (behind 49)

51/ Teichienne Butterscotch Schnapps (behind 50)

52/ Kahlua (behind 51)

Main Bar starting from left

53/ Glenmorangie Lasanta

54/ Glenmorangie Rare 18YO (behind 53)

55/ Glenmorangie Nectar D'or (top of 54)

56/ Glenmorangie 10 YO (in Yellow box on top of wooden wine box)

57/ Glenmorangie Quitan Ruben

58/ Bruichladdich - The Classic Laddie (light blue container)

59/ Mr T's Madeira (in front of 58)

60/ Beenleigh 8YO Double Barrel Rum (on dispenser on left)

61/ Bundaberg Black 12YO (on dispenser on right)

62/ 4670 Rum (on dispenser behind 61)

63/ Monkey Shoulder (on main bar behind dispensor)

64/ Chambord

65/ Chivas Regal (a couple of boxed bottles behind 64)

66/ Opal Nero

67/ Kahlua

68/ Auchentoshan Three Wood

69/ Barbaresso Ouzo (behind 68)

70/ Cointreau

71/ Drambuie (behind Bickford's cordial)

72/ Midori - Melon Liqueur

73/ Glayva Liqueur (behind 72)

There would be some other bottles on the bar, but they would have been out of view, and may have been already mentioned.

The whiskey decanter is empty but was a Jack Daniels bottle.

3 hours ago, Gruder said:

I don't see JW Blue??? 

Nice, but way overpriced.

I have tried Double Black, Gold, Platinium, but they had another peated Island Green label which my brother was able to attain duty free. Red and Black are only good for mixing.

• 4 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 3:55 PM, Cool Cat said:

My favourite Whisky is Laphroiag Quartercask. I also liked Caol ila 12. I am a big fan of very Smokey whisky’s. Just wish I had enough money to buy some of the very Smokey Octomores. 🥃

Laphroaig has been my go to for a number of years…finishing any bottle on my own usually takes a year or more. Just finishing  a Laphroaig Quarter cask, but I much prefer the Laphroaig Triple Wood…so much smoother.  In 1987 after my first big bonus on a job bought a Johnny Walker Blue Label, shared it with a few friends, where it disappeared fairly quickly. Wasn’t impressed enough to buy another even though the price now is about half of what it was of my one purchase.

3F022EFE-FC63-4729-A81C-680CF9A1B230.jpeg

Edited by SoCal4me2

Add more blah blah

If that's the only problem you have with Jagermeister    :eek:   Many people I have come across have trouble getting past the taste and the after-taste

To say the least - it is a one-of-a-kind distinctive flavor

Jägermeister TV Spot, 'Undress Defense Men' Song by Foreigner - iSpot.tv

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

If that's the only problem you have with Jagermeister    :eek:   Many people I have come across have trouble getting past the taste and the after-taste

It is best to leave the bottle in the freezer and pour it when needed.

Having Germanic heritage, it is like mother's milk to me.

I have Austrian Heritage, and I do not like Jägermeister. It is like taking medicine. (I think it is the herb taste.)

So I'll stick to the Slivovitz, (slivovitza, slivovitsa, șliboviță, šljivovica, śliwowica, Schlivowitz, slivovice, slivovica  slivovka...).

It is Fruit Brandy. It has fruit in it so it must be good for you....no?

Edited by ➕👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone

39 minutes ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

It has fruit in it so it must be good for you....no?

I do like your thinking, and I will say yes - but in moderation.

My mother was born in Vienna Austria, so I have Austrian citizenship even though I was born in another country and so is my father. Citizenship in Austria is automatically applied through the maternal side. Whereas if your father was Austrian but your mother wasn't, then there are different rules that need to be applied.

I also have access to citizenship to a few other central and eastern European countries as well. However, I do not have a passport nor do I feel the need to get one. 

I was born in Melbourne in the 50's. We went back to the 'old country' in the 60's for a visit, so that was my first Passport. I did schooling in Vienna.

I am currently in the USA and my son is in Patterson. We will both be visiting family in Hawaii next week. Back home to Oz late Nov.

A Passport has come in handy. If you do get one, be prepared for a delay. I hear they are taking months to get one. They are expensive and only last 5 or 10 years. I guess if you have no plans to travel, you can save some money, time and frustration.

(Us kids with mother and aunty in Wein)

1-23-2013_002a.JPG

On 6/19/2022 at 7:44 PM, Pabo said:

The whiskey decanter is empty but was a Jack Daniels bottle

We once visited the Jack Daniels distillery in Tennessee, very interesting, it was in a dry county, meaning that it couldn't be sold there, only produced there.

• 1 month later...

I had recently opened up a bottle that my brother gave to me sometime last year, called Tin Cup American Whiskey, and I have to say I really, really like it. I wasn't expecting much, perhaps of a gimmicky thing with the tin cup covering the cork top, but it caught me entirely by surprise. Also being made with a high rye content (which I like) had the dryness and crispness to it, but a slight bit of sweetness from the infusion of the bourbon balanced it really well. I really liked this neat, but I have to watch myself, as I was enjoying this very much and now am at half a bottle within a two days since cracking it.

image.png.b35a9570b602d0a8bb1374119a5050e7.png

He also got me a bottle of rum called Plantation Pineapple Rum. I thought to myself that this may be very sickly sweet, rum and pineapple together? But from the first sip, it wasn't sweet, but the flavour of the pineapple was much more hidden and it was only after sometime that you can sense the taste of it. It was a strange sensation and I couldn't work it out exactly, but it was very interesting to say. I did like it that much I finished the bottle pretty quickly, as I trying to hone it what was going on in the background. They apparently used the pineapple husks when they make this, thus it doesn't have the real sweetness of the fruit. I tried drinking it neat, chilled glass, with cold water, tepid water and sparkling water, and it had me really perplexed, and it still does.

image.png.715aeff5deb870858dffe45aab6ea712.png

He also got me a Highland Park 12yr old single malt too. And this is a really nice smokey whisky, which isn't over strong with the peat, but it makes its presence known, but the smoothness of it is really nice as well. And being cask in a sherry barrels, adds that nice complexity to it.

image.png.5a76fe02552cf0c64e4b34e4b892f732.png

Also I picked up a bottle of John Paul Indian Single Malt whisky called Nirvana, and it is very smooth, sweet and light on the palate. If I see any more Indian whisky's come my way, they are really worth a try.

image.png.e061288ddfefb89d853e13e77409bd13.png

• 5 months later...

I was able to get this at a reasonable priced bottle of a Australian whiskey from The Gospel distillery, called Solera Rye.

image.png.277e8cd4e7f3e412826281e0b157a32c.png

I like rye based whiskeys, and this one didn't disappoint either. It has that dryness that you would expect from a rye base whiskey, but it also has some sweetness to the palate especially towards the end when there is a citrus tang at the end. If you ever had Solerno Blood Orange liqueur (which I also recommend in a hot summers day), it has a similar distinctive flavour that this whiskey presents to your palate after you had a sip. 

I also have a bottle of The Gospel Straight Rye Whiskey, but I'll finish this bottle first before cracking it open, or just about when I am about this finish it, just to compare them side by side.

Edited by Pabo

On 6/20/2022 at 1:44 AM, Gruder said:

I would have to say:

1)Woodford Reserve

2)Buffalo Trace🥃

Buffalo Trace is really nice.

I haven't had Woodford Reserve as yet, but haven't found a reasonably price bottle as yet to try.

Edited by Pabo

On 10/30/2022 at 6:41 PM, Qapla said:

We only keep on hand for upset stomach lol

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 12/6/2022 at 12:48 AM, Pabo said:

I had recently opened up a bottle that my brother gave to me sometime last year, called Tin Cup American Whiskey, and I have to say I really, really like it. I wasn't expecting much, perhaps of a gimmicky thing with the tin cup covering the cork top, but it caught me entirely by surprise. Also being made with a high rye content (which I like) had the dryness and crispness to it, but a slight bit of sweetness from the infusion of the bourbon balanced it really well. I really liked this neat, but I have to watch myself, as I was enjoying this very much and now am at half a bottle within a two days since cracking it.

image.png.b35a9570b602d0a8bb1374119a5050e7.png

He also got me a bottle of rum called Plantation Pineapple Rum. I thought to myself that this may be very sickly sweet, rum and pineapple together? But from the first sip, it wasn't sweet, but the flavour of the pineapple was much more hidden and it was only after sometime that you can sense the taste of it. It was a strange sensation and I couldn't work it out exactly, but it was very interesting to say. I did like it that much I finished the bottle pretty quickly, as I trying to hone it what was going on in the background. They apparently used the pineapple husks when they make this, thus it doesn't have the real sweetness of the fruit. I tried drinking it neat, chilled glass, with cold water, tepid water and sparkling water, and it had me really perplexed, and it still does.

image.png.715aeff5deb870858dffe45aab6ea712.png

He also got me a Highland Park 12yr old single malt too. And this is a really nice smokey whisky, which isn't over strong with the peat, but it makes its presence known, but the smoothness of it is really nice as well. And being cask in a sherry barrels, adds that nice complexity to it.

image.png.5a76fe02552cf0c64e4b34e4b892f732.png

Also I picked up a bottle of John Paul Indian Single Malt whisky called Nirvana, and it is very smooth, sweet and light on the palate. If I see any more Indian whisky's come my way, they are really worth a try.

image.png.e061288ddfefb89d853e13e77409bd13.png

Haven’t tried any of these or even seen them. Our state is so weird about how they sell liquor. You can only buy what the state run stores sell in your area. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 1:44 AM, Gruder said:

I would have to say:

1)Woodford Reserve

2)Buffalo Trace🥃

I was able to get a bottle of Woodrord Reserve at a good price, and I have to say, it is very smooth to drink neat. 👌

HardKeyJerboa-size_restricted.gif.9dcbf25cc19662cb5b6bb1b4fe415f38.gif

Edited by Pabo

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)