JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Latest on RSS Feeds for JW.ORG

I may well have missed the boat on this (I do get Feedrabbit emails for new items on NEWS.JW.ORG), but is there any current way to get email updates for the latest VIDEOS or WHAT'S NEW ?

I did find the following website [Warning - cannot vouch for the site below], but unfortunately I know nothing about it or who created it. Quite possibly it is a technically-inclined brother, going by the related blog, but I would like to be sure.

https://tvrss.polosatus.ru/

Does anyone know more about this site or any potentially safer alternatives?

- If in your travels you chance upon an angry little garden, Run!!!

Also found this one, again [Warning - cannot vouch for the site below] for the WHAT'S NEW. Same questions apply.

https://igtab.com/directory/feeds/13662

EDIT: I can find an RSS Feed / Podcast for Audio / MP3 on JW.ORG, but that's about it, apart from the NEWS one.

Edited by Suspended in Time

52 minutes ago, Suspended in Time said:

I may well have missed the boat on this (I do get Feedrabbit emails for new items on NEWS.JW.ORG), but is there any current way to get email updates for the latest VIDEOS or WHAT'S NEW ?

I did find the following website [Warning - cannot vouch for the site below], but unfortunately I know nothing about it or who created it. Quite possibly it is a technically-inclined brother, going by the related blog, but I would like to be sure.

His twitter feed, maybe he is a brother indeed

1 hour ago, Suspended in Time said:

is there any current way to get email updates for the latest VIDEOS or WHAT'S NEW ?

If you are talking about ways to get email subscription for What's New page, then there are number of RSS services that will allow you to do that. However I personally like to receive them live, I have never used email function.

The official RSS feed link for What's New section on our web site is provided as below:

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/rss/WhatsNewWebArticles/feed.xml

This is a pure RSS XML code. As you can see from the link, it is provided from jw.org, so you can be assured of using this link. You need to use it with conjunction of an RSS feeder of your choice for it to work. I personally use feeder.co.

As for subscriptions for latest videos, I am not aware of any official links. However, checking with raw codes for https://tvrss.polosatus.ru seems to suggest me it receives info directly from the jw.org server. I am curious of how it is done, or if the official RSS link even exists!

2 hours ago, Dages said:

His twitter feed, maybe he is a brother indeed

I think this might have been lost in translation, as maybe English is not his first language.

He ends the comment with "pacifists as Jehovah's witnesses are?"

So I would say likely he is a brother.

2 hours ago, Hinata said:

If you are talking about ways to get email subscription for What's New page, then there are number of RSS services that will allow you to do that. However I personally like to receive them live, I have never used email function.

The official RSS feed link for What's New section on our web site is provided as below:

This is a pure RSS XML code. As you can see from the link, it is provided from jw.org, so you can be assured of using this link. You need to use it with conjunction of an RSS feeder of your choice for it to work. I personally use feeder.co.

As for subscriptions for latest videos, I am not aware of any official links. However, checking with raw codes for https://tvrss.polosatus.ru seems to suggest me it receives info directly from the jw.org server. I am curious of how it is done, or if the official RSS link even exists!

Thanks so much, I'm trying this out on feedrabbit.com

29 minutes ago, Old said:

Most brothers would not call Jehovah's Winesses pacifist because we are not pacifists.

Actually, I would hope no true brother or sister would describe themselves as being a pacifist!!

Why Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Not Pacifists
Were Jehovah’s Witnesses today to claim to be pacifists, it would mean for them to denounce all the pre-Christian witnesses of Jehovah who took up arms to uphold Jehovah’s universal sovereignty and his theocratic nation of Israel. But this denunciation we cannot make. Jesus Christ never did so, and he is Jehovah’s greatest witness... Jehovah himself is no pacifist. Neither are his witnesses such, although they are conscientious objectors. Jesus was no pacifist.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951080?#h=17

8 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Not everyone has the correct understanding of what pacifist means. 

Yes, especially a person who is not a native English speaker. It's possible it might be the closest word they have, or just the generally accepted term over there.

I think we can all read between the lines and understand what he meant 🙂

9 hours ago, Parale said:

Actually, I would hope no true brother or sister would describe themselves as being a pacifist!!

Why Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Not Pacifists
Were Jehovah’s Witnesses today to claim to be pacifists, it would mean for them to denounce all the pre-Christian witnesses of Jehovah who took up arms to uphold Jehovah’s universal sovereignty and his theocratic nation of Israel. But this denunciation we cannot make. Jesus Christ never did so, and he is Jehovah’s greatest witness... Jehovah himself is no pacifist. Neither are his witnesses such, although they are conscientious objectors. Jesus was no pacifist.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1951080?#h=17

Hey, I'm pretty sure you can't use the "No True Scotsman" argument quoting a 1951 article. 😜 Maybe a 1997 article. 🤪

We could, of course, give our foreign-speaking brother the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure he understands that we don't object to righteous wars 🙂

2032884102_Pigs-Copy.jpg.cd4b9610e847e293b449b36a162cee6a.jpg

Edited by Suspended in Time

On 4/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, Suspended in Time said:

As the What's New RSS Feed doesn't include Videos, I've decided to try out the above. I'm not making a recommendation though. It's hard to be 100% sure about these things. I've scanned it for threats and not found any, and as someone mentioned above, a brief look at the source indicates it gets its feed data directly from JW.ORG.

So it's just something to try out at this stage. I can always unsubscribe in FeedRabbit if something goes wrong.

I know I could keep going to JW TV and checking, but sometimes reminders just work better for me and help me track where I'm at.

2 hours ago, Suspended in Time said:

As the What's New RSS Feed doesn't include Videos, I've decided to try out the above. I'm not making a recommendation though. It's hard to be 100% sure about these things. I've scanned it for threats and not found any, and as someone mentioned above, a brief look at the source indicates it gets its feed data directly from JW.ORG.

So it's just something to try out at this stage. I can always unsubscribe in FeedRabbit if something goes wrong.

I know I could keep going to JW TV and checking, but sometimes reminders just work better for me and help me track where I'm at.

Same, I added it in my Feedly for French and English :D 

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2022 at 2:51 AM, Suspended in Time said:

On 4/24/2022 at 4:08 AM, Hinata said:

On 4/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, Suspended in Time said:

Hello everyone, I recently created my own JW subscription called 'JWPUBS RSS Subscription.'

These subscriptions are based on JW APIs and is available on all languages as jw.org.

The subscription available are:

ARTICLE

• Latest Articles

VIDEO

• Latest Videos
  • Studio News Reports

AUDIO

• Original Songs

Sing Out Joyfully:

• Meetings
  • Vocals
  • Instrumental

More subscriptions are planned. The Watchtower and Awake magazines are also planned but it is still recommended to use the RSS from JW Apps website.

Request can be made to get the links for the subscription. REMINDER: You will need an RSS reader for the links to work.

Not planned:

• JW News and JW Alerts - No available subscription.
  • Kingdom Melodies and Our Kingdom Ministry - Deprecated.

Edited by gusdn1

"For love is as strong as death is." - Song of Solomon 8:6

JWPUBS