JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 632 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It was with great joy that a letter was read today at the week's meeting that a new Assembly Hall will be built in Portugal, more specifically in the Carregado area, thus replacing the old Carnaxide Assembly Hall (where I was baptized 🥲).

It will be about 40 minutes from the capital, Lisbon. The old Hall was only 15 minutes away. It will have more than twice as many chairs as the old space and many more parking spaces. The Hall is scheduled to open only in 2026, until then a lot of construction work needs to be done. The current Hall was built in the 80's and was, is and always will be an important landmark in theocratic history in Portugal. As a conclusion we saw a video of an Assembly Hall that was recently built in the Netherlands (hello Dutch brothers!).

I don't know how many Portuguese brothers there are in this forum, maybe few, but I wanted to share this good news with brothers from all countries. Volunteer to come help in the construction of this new Hall!

Jehovah moving the work forward at the right time!
Aaah so nice! It is always a great joy when a new building for worship is being build.

The Dutch Assembly Hall was dedicated in 2016, if I remember correctly

Is it planned to be kind of the same building, in the same style?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Sepie93 said:

Is it planned to be kind of the same building, in the same style?

This is the video we saw:

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb_201706_7_VIDEO

Yes, the project will follow the same construction style as the Assembly Hall in the Netherlands. The brothers announced that they will follow the most modern building model that is being used in all Assembly Halls in Europe 😉

This is the video we saw:
https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwb_201706_7_VIDEO

Yes, the project will follow the same construction style as the Assembly Hall in the Netherlands. The brothers announced that they will follow the most modern building model that is being used in all Assembly Halls in Europe
Ooh nice!

Honestly, the first time I saw the Dutch hall, I thought: hmm.. It's a concrete hall Very practical, no decorations etc.. Bare floor.. Like an expo hall..

But now I love it!! And I wish we were able to visit there again!

Maybe you'll also get a 3-monthly journal called: "Assembly Hall-News". It was like a news letter style journal helping us to keep up-to-date with the progress. The progress was explained in little articles, special dates were mentioned, funny and interesting facts about the building/builders etc. It really made us enthousiastic!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

I was also baptized in this assembly hall in Carnaxide over 30 years ago. This was even my first congregation when I started to study the bible.

A new assembly hall was really needed, this one was too small for the thousands of publishers that are in the Lisbon area and surroundings, in addition to the lack of a parking lot big enough for all the cars.

Although I now live outside Portugal, this assembly hall will be missed.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:13 AM, Sepie93 said:

it planned to be kind of the same building, in the same style?

Yes :) 

On 7/1/2022 at 5:26 PM, koala1999 said:

I was also baptized in this assembly hall in Carnaxide over 30 years ago. This was even my first congregation when I started to study the bible.

A new assembly hall was really needed, this one was too small for the thousands of publishers that are in the Lisbon area and surroundings, in addition to the lack of a parking lot big enough for all the cars.

Although I now live outside Portugal, this assembly hall will be missed.

My mother was also baptized there in the 90´s :) I was baptized in a sports pavillion, Cascais

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:26 PM, koala1999 said:

I was also baptized in this assembly hall in Carnaxide over 30 years ago.

Same place and same time (1991), both for me and my wife.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

On 7/1/2022 at 3:15 PM, Sepie93 said:

Maybe you'll also get a 3-monthly journal called: "Assembly Hall-News". It was like a news letter style journal helping us to keep up-to-date with the progress. The progress was explained in little articles, special dates were mentioned, funny and interesting facts about the building/builders etc. It really made us enthousiastic!

Can you share an example of that journal to us Portuguese friends? :)

On 7/8/2022 at 6:28 PM, Sofia said:

My mother was also baptized there in the 90´s :) I was baptized in a sports pavillion, Cascais

I was to be baptized there also but some problem prevented it and I got baptized in a bathroom of a gymno saloon with no assistance and no photographs or memories...

It was great just the same :)

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)