JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Portugal spying out the land

Hello to you all.  I am new to this site.  The security is top notch! LOL.  My husband and I are making preliminary plans to move to an area where we can do more in the ministry.  I speak a little Spanish, he does not.  We wrote the branch and they asked us to narrow it down to one or two spots.  We were contemplating Portugal or Panama, not because they both start with the letter 'P' but because we have had friends temporarily move to both areas, but years ago.  We also did a holiday in Portugal in 2019.  We need some advice about if there is a need at all for help in the ministry.  Besides that we could be of assistance in other ways if needed.  We both have done several LDC projects and my husband has done disaster relief a couple times.  I am a pioneer and he is our congregation secretary.  Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Welcome to JWTalk, Sister Jeannean. :D

You mentioned you speak a little Spanish.

Why not move to a Spanish speaking country?

Screenshot_20230809_092203.thumb.jpg.c346a55174fcda618e139ce30305ec0e.jpg

If neither of you speaks any Portuguese, how would moving to Portugal help you to achieve your goal of doing more in the ministry? 🙃

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Thanks so true.  I was picking up Portuguese very quickly when we vacationed there, as it is similar to Spanish.  Mostly I am looking for advice from people who are living in or have lived in Portugal or Panama (Spanish speaking country).  We will be looking very likely for an English cong. to support the ever growing Expat population.  Thanks again!

Edited by Jeannean

Hello!

Thanks for this chance @Loyal !

Wellcome dear @Jeannean !

Im portuguese and I live in Portugal.

I live in Ericeira, it´s seaside small town with a big territory where many people from all over the world live.

https://goo.gl/maps/Qr6CRhtpBQeWVTjz6

The nearest english congregation  is 20 km south in Sintra.

They come to preach often here since many foreigners live here, so they have started a group in Ericeira, at the local KH.

I think your help would be very much apreciated!

I run 3 english bible studies even though Im not in the english congregation.

There´s a big field to harvest here. 

You are very wellcome! if you need more information I can give you contacts by PM.

❤️❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

3 hours ago, Sofia said:

The nearest English congregation is 20 km south in Sintra.

For those of us in the US - that's about 12.5 miles

image.thumb.png.dfb8dc187ce00289db3ae5de92606bdc.png

image.png.8de1f8a9468db403804e109dc7b92ea0.png

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Thanks so much @Sofia.  It took me a little bit to figure out how to reply to your message, but I got it🤣  I really appreciate your details and information.  It's really wondeful too because we were in Sintra in 2019 and so ever so slightly familiar with it.  We plan to make a visit early spring next year somewhere there in Portugal.  How exciting for you to have three Bible studies!  It would be great to keep in touch as the time draws nearer especially for our trip.  Thanks again, Jeannean

• 6 months later...
On 8/9/2023 at 12:14 PM, Sofia said:

Hello!

Thanks for this chance @Loyal !

Wellcome dear @Jeannean !

Im portuguese and I live in Portugal.

I live in Ericeira, it´s seaside small town with a big territory where many people from all over the world live.

https://goo.gl/maps/Qr6CRhtpBQeWVTjz6

The nearest english congregation  is 20 km south in Sintra.

They come to preach often here since many foreigners live here, so they have started a group in Ericeira, at the local KH.

I think your help would be very much apreciated!

I run 3 english bible studies even though Im not in the english congregation.

There´s a big field to harvest here. 

You are very wellcome! if you need more information I can give you contacts by PM.

❤️❤️ 

I'm glad it worked 😃

7 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

I'm glad it worked 😃

We were together at our KH yesterday and went out in service together 

a true blessing 🌺❤️🙏

IMG_3239.jpeg

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”