JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is Serena Williams a Jehovah Witness?

1 hour ago, .Ivan. said:

So let me ask you when Prince was baptized as JW and how long was he in touch with brothers? I know he died in 2016.

Price was baptized in the early 2000's and continued to serve Jehovah faithfully until his untimely death. The congregation he attended held a memorial for him that got nice positive news coverage and was attended by many, including some other "celebrities"

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Serena will have the ability to witness to people who are so called "influential people" than the normal publisher would have a chance to meet, call, knock on the door, letter write.

I love Jehovah's patient, that he can read hearts, and he always knew what direction of where her heart was going.  Jehovah made a way for these sort people to be reached to hear about the Good News.😊

On 8/10/2022 at 7:33 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:

A US magazine gave this timeline concerning Serena’s marriage and having the baby:

So like Carlos mentioned, in recent years Serena does not appear to have been living a life as 1 of Jehovah’s people. But in fairness, she was never baptized. So we can view her in a positive way, someone who was raised in the Truth by her mother, even though her unbelieving dad had Serena and her sister focusing/training on tennis full-time since little girls. So with a divided home and their father making sure they had their full attention on becoming great tennis players, both Serena and Venus didn’t have much of a chance spiritually. Yet both Serena and Venus have been very favorable about Jehovah’s Witnesses in the media, they have never said anything negative as far as I have ever heard and have sometimes identified themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses! In fact when someone in the media asked Serena about her daughter’s birthday, Serena replied something like this, “My daughter does not celebrate her birthday, we are Jehovah’s Witnesses”.  And years ago, there were reports by brothers/sisters saying they saw firsthand the mother and Venus (and maybe Serena also I dont remember) at some conventions in Florida. 

As far as Serena’s tennis career, my understanding from following tennis over the years is that Serena’s body as been wore down by the many years, decades of tennis and multiple injuries.  PLUS she had serious complications with the birth of her child almost dying! So while her body cannot take much more, she stated recently to the media that she also is desiring to have another child. So for all the above reasons, this will likely be her last US Open here in August and she will retire soon. She may eventually be viewed as not only 1 of the greatest, if not the greatest female tennis player in history, but also she may be viewed as 1 of the greatest athletes in history! But more importantly, we hope that her and her sister may now have further opportunities to move forward with any spiritual desires they have had. And maybe even having children will further help with Serena’s spiritual goals, wanting to see her children raised in the best way possible 😊 

Well said Beggar for the spirit, we must not forget that we all had a worldly past. Like Bro. Beggar stated, a divided household that had to be hard on those girls as well. Just remember that we are WARNED about JUDGING all the time. That attribute in itself is of worldly thinking but you all are JWS right?  Uum 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:35 AM, Lewis said:

Plus she has a child out of wedlock.

So how many of us that raised in the Truth and adhered to all of the rules. One of my kids is out of wedlock, does that mean that Jehovah should scrutinized me and not give me the same opportunity to life? No. If Jehovah sits down and judge all of us harshly, who would be saved? 🛑 the madness, no one on this platform is PREFECT, if we were we would not have needed a RANSOM to purchase us from SLAVERY.  Be careful not to STUMBLE anyone with your positive, hum speeches there is a serious 🧐 price to pay.

How many of you walked a PERFECT LIFE?  I am quite sure that majority of us was raised by a family that was witnesses or in a divided household, did you adhere to all of Jehovah’s laws.  I know that I didn’t, I never forgot Jehovah, I prayed, attended meetings, studied, attended the memorials, raised my children to know Jehovah, I just wasn’t ready to make that dedication. Now, in Serena’s personal life she lived the way she choose to live but from what I can see she loved and respected Jehovah to a certain degree, has He judged her?  I have never heard any derogatory statements about her nor the family in the press, she is not known for jumping from partner to partner, we just don’t know what she was or has gone through.  STOP the judging.

On a different note, I did not see any derogatory comments about Prince when he passed on this platform, sin is sin and no one sin is lesser or greater than the next.

3 hours ago, sis little said:

So how many of us that raised in the Truth and adhered to all of the rules. One of my kids is out of wedlock, does that mean that Jehovah should scrutinized me and not give me the same opportunity to life? No. If Jehovah sits down and judge all of us harshly, who would be saved? 🛑 the madness, no one on this platform is PREFECT, if we were we would not have needed a RANSOM to purchase us from SLAVERY.  Be careful not to STUMBLE anyone with your positive, hum speeches there is a serious 🧐 price to pay.

If my comment offended you, please forgive me. It was never meant to pass any judgement on anyone. I am overjoyed that Serena is a sister. 

6 hours ago, sis little said:

Thanks so much sis, they have gone slap judgemental about this young lady, our sister at that.

If you look at the timestamps, this topic and most of the replies are from last summer, when she was not our sister yet. 

It's always been known that the Williams sisters grew up with family in the truth, but it was never known whether they had made the truth their own and were baptized. Every once in a while, over the years, a secular news article would identify her as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but most weren't sure if that was technically accurate. 

Now many of us agree with you and did try to participate in this discussion with a more positive outlook. If the then rumors were true, that she was retiring from Tennis to focus on her spirituality, well that's actually wonderful to hear.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 8 months later...