JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is there a way to still add personal images to Jwlibrary study bible?

You can always save such pictures in a "special folder" ... then add a note that says something like, "See image named "???.jpg" in "Special Folder" where the "???" is the name you gave the image.

Not exactly a "hot link" to the image, but at least you would know what to look up

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

48 minutes ago, Qapla said:

You can always save such pictures in a "special folder" ... then add a note that says something like, "See image named "???.jpg" in "Special Folder" where the "???" is the name you gave the image.

Not exactly a "hot link" to the image, but at least you would know what to look up

I think this seems to be the best option at this point. Thanks for the idea.

I dont think there is a way yet to add pictures to the Study Notes,

hopefully someday there will be as this would be great to match pictures with verses! 🤩 

But until then here is what I have been doing, below is an example from my notes:

Spoiler

image.png

As you can see, I just copy the “link” of the picture I want from our literature and paste it in my notes. Then in the future when I come across this note and I am trying to imagine Job in the terrible situation he was in, I can then simply copy that link and paste it in the browser and immediately I can see the excellent picture about Job. So while this is not the exact same as having pictures right there in our notes, it is close enough for me, just takes a couple of steps. 😊 

(Here is the link for that picture of Job if anyone would like to see it)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/mp/r1/lp-e/w22/2022/413

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

6 hours ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

I dont think there is a way yet to add pictures to the Study Notes,

hopefully someday there will be as this would be great to match pictures with verses! 🤩 

But until then here is what I have been doing, below is an example from my notes:

Hide contents

image.png

As you can see, I just copy the “link” of the picture I want from our literature and paste it in my notes. Then in the future when I come across this note and I am trying to imagine Job in the terrible situation he was in, I can then simply copy that link and paste it in the browser and immediately I can see the excellent picture about Job. So while this is not the exact same as having pictures right there in our notes, it is close enough for me, just takes a couple of steps. 😊 

(Here is the link for that picture of Job if anyone would like to see it)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/mp/r1/lp-e/w22/2022/413

That's a great idea Neil.

I just found out that you can activate google lens when you have the note on screen and can see the image without having to copy the link and past it on the web

(it detects the link on screen, you click it and voila)

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I just found out that you can activate google lens when you have the note on screen and can see the image without having to copy the link and past it on the web

(it detects the link on screen, you click it and voila)

Oh so you mean when using the JW Library on a laptop/computer this Google Lens works for a link in our study notes? 

Very interesting. I only use an iphone/ipad for the JW Library app, would the Google Lens work with this?

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

15 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Oh so you mean when using the JW Library on a laptop/computer this Google Lens works for a link in our study notes? 

Very interesting. I only use an iphone/ipad for the JW Library app, would the Google Lens work with this?

Yes it works for iphone/ipad too

You have to run google assistant settings and search for an option of the google slens or something like "check for context"

On android you can long press the home button on any screen and it checks for interesting informations that it finds, like links, addresses, etc...

It put hotspots on the screen, you click the text with the link (assuming you had the note visible on the screen) and it shows the image

You can also use it anywhere, because the is a camera button, you click it and it detects anything on the live image

Check here for more info (I didn't check the whole site)

How to Use Google Lens on iPhone or iPad [2022] (geekflare.com)

Edited by jayrtom