JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Life Experience: Camilla Rosam on JW<ORG

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 503 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We have a new life story on JW.ORG. It is…Camilla Rosam: I made it my goal to be obedient to Jehovah.  In the article she mentions marrying Eugene Rosam who was from Key West.

I was not born in Key West but I was taken there when I was 3 months old in 1947.  I have lived there three different times, for a total of a decade or so.  I last left there after Hurricane Donna (1959) and moved with my family to Ohio in 1960.

When I saw the article it was like a letter from home.  The story included a lot of information but it did not mention that Gene Rosam was the Branch Servant of Canada for four years. 

I had gone to Kitchner, Ontario early one summer to share in the pre-convention work for a couple of weeks. My father was on a business assignment locally for two weeks and our family camped in a park in the area.  He dropped me off at the convention arena (we called the District Assemblies in those days).  It was dark inside and I was trying to find someone to ask what to do.

I saw a light on at the end of a hallway and went there.  I knocked and went in, there was just one brother on the phone.  I looked on his desk and the sign said “Eugene Rosam”.  He asked what I wanted and he told me that the work I wanted to do would start for a couple of days.  I mentioned that I had known some Rosams in Key West , Florida in the USA.  He smiled and told me that it was his father (Eugene Rosam, Sr.) who was the congregation servant there.  We sat there swapping stories for about an hour, until his phone rang and the interview ended.  When my father came home, he told me that Eugene Rosam was the Branch Servant of Canada.  I was very pleased to have the chance to work there.

Now I get to read a life experience about him and his wife.  Wonderful for me.

*** yb79 p. 160 Canada ***

March 1961 brought another change at Bethel, for it was then that beloved Clayton Morrell died. Eugene Rosam, then teaching in the Kingdom Ministry School, was appointed the next branch overseer. He was to serve in that capacity for about four years.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/series/life-stories-jehovahs-witnesses/Camilla-Rosam-I-Made-It-My-Goal-to-Be-Obedient-to-Jehovah/

I was in Bethel with Eugene and Camilla..

Eugene was larger than life and Camilla was very quit but she always had a very intelligent response to any of the conversations at dining room tables. You could tell she was a real student of the bible.

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

I was in Bethel with Eugene and Camilla..

Eugene was larger than life and Camilla was very quit but she always had a very intelligent response to any of the conversations at dining room tables. You could tell she was a real student of the bible.

Br. Lance, do you recall if he went by Eugene or just Gene when you knew him?  The father and son were just called Gene in Key West.

I enjoyed reading this account because I grew up in Chicago and Camilla’s family was part of our Congregation. We lost touch when we moved away but I recall when she was serving in Canada. Nice to read the rest of her story, although sad to know she has died. But happy times ahead when we can meet them all again.