JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Portable Charger/Power Bank

I would like to get a portable charger/power bank for my devices.

Are there any that are recommended or any that I should stay away from?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

I would like to get a portable charger/power bank for my devices.

Are there any that are recommended or any that I should stay away from?

I use those ones https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cygnett-boost-v2-20k-power-bank-blue

Have them for few years now, and they work fine. 

You can choose capacity as well (warning: the more capacity the heavier they become) 

10000K is light, but 20K of course will store more "juice" 

Edit: I also recommend Anker as stated above.

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There is also this stuff: Just couple the skin with large battery and you can run laptop easy.

Of course they are less portable.

I have one fitted with 5Ah battery to charge my phone at work (on the road) works perfect. 

https://www.totaltools.com.au/89106-milwaukee-18v-power-source-m18usbpshj2

https://www.totaltools.com.au/99868-milwaukee-m18-5-0ah-redlithium-battery-m18b5

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

You did not specify size, so there is also this "giant" 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/cygnett-chargeup-explorer-200w-power-station

Some will like it, for some will be too big and pricey.

I have an Eggtronic PSBK10 4-in-1 10,000 mAh Wireless Charger

image.png.ab2bee3a77deb8a86a8e3e68256b3ef1.png

The power bank is removable from the stand and can charge wireless or USB in or out of the stand

The 4-in-1 Wireless Charging Power Stand by Eggtronic is a powerful and elegant wireless charger for smartphones, to charge ultra-fast all compatible devices. You can use it as a Wireless Stand or Wireless Pad at home, and as a Wireless Power Bank or USB Power Bank on-the -go. Fast charging compatible smartphones can be powered 2x times faster, and the pad works great with all Qi- enabled devices including the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. 10,000 mAh battery, to charge your phone while mobile up to 5 times. Eggtronic Power Stand features Double Coil charging system, to ensure maximum positioning freedom.

I got this a year or two before the pandemic (don't remember exactly when) and have not had any problems with it. I don't know if this model is still available, but I would not be opposed to buying another Eggtronic bank of they all work as good as this one.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I have a couple of power banks varying in several sizes, small 2,000mAh to 10,000mAh. Some of these are about 8years old now (I purchased the 10,000mAh for the International Convention in 2014). I have a couple which double up as hand warmers, which great when doing cart work and the temperature is very cool. Depending on the need, I may take a small one is space is a factor, or a large for emergency or space is unlimited.

As for what brands to recommend I cannot say, but check any reviews before buying them, but most reputable brands will be starting point.

As @New World Explorer has mentioned, the bigger they are, the more heavier they are and bulky.

The one I have (pictured above) is no bigger than a good smart phone (Galaxy or iPhone size) and fits easily in my pants pockets - I can charge my phone 3 or so times before I need to recharge the bank - but it has a smart stand so it can stay charged until needed without shortening the charge time.

I can just set my phone on it when I take it with me to charge my phone. At home, I can leave the bank in the stand and just set my phone against it like a phone stand and it will charge wirelessly.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~