JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library Data transfer

Hello, I have downloaded most publications, audio files and videos. On changing my device I've wanted to be able to easily transfer all the data I've already downloaded onto another device without having to re-download all the data again which will be very time consuming and use unnecessary data through the JW webservers. Is there a data transfer app or program that can mirror the existing files onto a new installation? I currently use Android devices (mobile phones) and a Windows 11 laptop.

Or is there a batch program (app) that allows multiple selection of what you want to download from the official website, one that you can leave to it and at the end of all the downloads you've got all the data selected integrated into your installation of JW Library?

Agape to all.

Edited by LLano Eriwata

5 minutes ago, LLano Eriwata said:

Hello, I have downloaded most publications, audio files and videos. On changing my device I've wanted to be able to easily transfer all the data I've already downloaded onto another device without having to re-download all the data again which will be very time consuming and use unnecessary data through the JW webservers. Is there a data transfer app or program that can mirror the existing files onto a new installation? I currently use Android devices (mobile phones) and a Windows 11 laptop.

Agape to all.

To what gadget will you transfer your file?

Is it from Android to Android? or from Windows to Android?

3 hours ago, LLano Eriwata said:

Android to Android, and if possible from Windows 11 to Android. Thx

You may try to use this method..

I didn't try this actually but I think, it is possible.

First, install the X-plore File Manager from Play Store.

Screenshot_20230121-153806.thumb.jpg.72da13e3f39f119c173690a74fe8a2f0.jpg

Using X-plore file manager, you can access the files from your Internal Storage and you can copy or saved all downloaded files from this folder:

Android › data › org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile › files

Try to copy the folder 'files'

Screenshot_20230121-154505.thumb.jpg.58167dc657e7e02a72681d3d6e2d7a42.jpg

Then paste it to your new Android phone, but install the JW Library app first, so that, it will automatically create the 'files' folder on your Internal Storage.

Then locate the following folders from your Internal Storage (new phone):

Android › data › org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile › files

Then replace the created 'files' folder.

P.s., you can tap the videos or audio that you already downloaded from your old phone, but I think, it will need Wifi Connection (idk) to 'download' (as it says) the file. But actually, since it was already downloaded, the 'cloud' icon will be gone once it was recognize by the application.

You can try it. I just suggesting the possibility that we can just transfer all the files without downloading it all again. 😅

I have all the audio/video/text data on a portable drive. I tried the drag and drop procedure and it worked but not as well as I'd hoped.  The library imported the files but then saved them to the predesignated library folder. It ignored the portable drive location altogether.

The library was populated, mostly but some would not upload because the updated file was newer than the saved file.

It has been a while since I had to change devices. I went from Sansung to Samsung. I was warned when I used the Samsung app that some files may not transfer - but, to my surprise (and pleasure) ALL of my data, including JWL files, were transferred to my new phone.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I've found that if you select up to 50 files (I think it's dependent on your phones ram and CPU) and send them or open with the JW library app it starts the process of importing the videos and some audio files. I ended up doing this process. I found that if it doesn't accept a file from your selection it'll freeze. So it still takes time and patience.

Screenshot_2023-01-23-20-22-18-21_ad1b80ae71b256affe309a776872bc4c.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-23-21-34-17-17_ad1b80ae71b256affe309a776872bc4c.jpg

On 1/22/2023 at 2:07 AM, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

I'm glad it worked for you John. I went Samsung to Samsung, and it did not transfer all my downloaded files. I had to do it manually. This was in November last year.

Maybe you didn't choose to let Samsung save your data into your samsung account. It is required that you use the account and accept all the permisions

You don't need to use samsung to samsung. Any android to android works if you let google make a backup of your phone. When installing a new phone you can recover this backup and everything will be there

If you have the 1st phone working and you didn't make this backup you can use google to transfer all your previous files to the new phone on the fly

6 hours ago, LLano Eriwata said:

I've found that if you select up to 50 files (I think it's dependent on your phones ram and CPU) and send them or open with the JW library app it starts the process of importing the videos and some audio files. I ended up doing this process. I found that if it doesn't accept a file from your selection it'll freeze. So it still takes time and patience.

Screenshot_2023-01-23-20-22-18-21_ad1b80ae71b256affe309a776872bc4c.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-23-21-34-17-17_ad1b80ae71b256affe309a776872bc4c.jpg

Wht did you use to transfer the files? Some app or you just had the files on a folder and opened them with jwlibrary?

On 1/23/2023 at 11:22 PM, LLano Eriwata said:

I have imported more than 100 files.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:25 AM, jayrtom said:

Wht did you use to transfer the files? Some app or you just had the files on a folder and opened them with jwlibrary?

I've done it opening the files on a folder with JWL.