JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Headphone icon disappeared

Hello friends I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this. I have had an iPhone 14 for a few months and up until a week ago I cannot listen to any of the publications on JW library. The headphone icon has disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?:headphones:

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

If you are not connected to the internet the icon will not show.

If you use your phone data rather than wifi you may need to allow "Steam over Cellular" in your settings.

I have attached a screenshot of my app without Internet and with Internet 

Hopefully that applies!!

x

IMG_20230125_180019.jpg

Edited by wingslikeeagles

5 hours ago, wingslikeeagles said:

If you are not connected to the internet the icon will not show.

If you use your phone data rather than wifi you may need to allow "Steam over Cellular" in your settings.

I have attached a screenshot of my app without Internet and with Internet 

Hopefully that applies!!

x

IMG_20230125_180019.jpg

Thanks Brother, I remember this happened to me and I panicked. But it was because I was flying, and no wifi on the plane, and I thought I would enjoy listening to the Bible 🤣. Obviously, the files had not been downloaded on my device, so I had been streaming them all along.

I hope some of the suggestions help the sister, because it seems to not be an issue with JW Lib, but something more specific. I didn’t find anything on a google search, except issues with physical headphones, in which case it was due to a dirty phone jack. I know that’s not what the issue is here.

Edited by hatcheckgirl

I have tried it all, and nothing works. I am connected to the Internet. Only thing left to do is uninstall the app and reinstall it, but I will lose on my notes. I’m not sure how to upload my notes. :omg:

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

To backup your notes go to Personal Study > Backup and restore > Backup notes. Choose a destination (Drive is a good place to put the backup) then accept. It may take a couple minutes.

To restore those notes once you have reinstalled the app, or in another device:

Go to Personal Study > Backup and restore > Restore notes. Select the file where you saved your notes and accept.